Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    wow, pretty scarce on the dialog.

two weeks ain't a long time at all. that's good news
    If it was Naruto we were to wait 2 weeks for we'd be banging heads against the wall

but Berserk is really worth the wait, though... even with almost no dialog at all, the quality of Berserk chapters never ceases to amaze me.

I think this is the second chapter to come out this year, oh well, I'm happy that we get another chapter soon. We've always had to wait a minimum of two weeks, but Berserk fans are ALOT different to Naruto fans!! and the quality is on different scales!

Not much to go on here, but it looks like it will be a kind of flashback chapter next before Ganiska is gone.

Think I might re-read the series to catch up on everything and see if I can spot anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by kAi
    Think I might re-read the series to catch up on everything and see if I can spot anything new.
    You're mind will explode re-reading this series.

I hear when Miura works on his regular schedule, he really works his ass off even harder than other mangaka. Perhaps thats why he takes such long breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    You're mind will explode re-reading this series.

I hear when Miura works on his regular schedule, he really works his ass off even harder than other mangaka. Perhaps thats why he takes such long breaks.
    Yeah, it does every time, this will be my fourth I think.
    This is probably the only series I can read many times and even enjoy it more.

Yeah, it does every time, this will be my fourth I think.
    This is probably the only series I can read many times and even enjoy it more.
    I reread it twice.

Second time within a whole day and somewhere into the night.

It was a weird night haha

Berserk >

Saw a spoiler for next week's chapter and all I want to say (not gonna give anything away).

The 5 month wait was worth it.

Woah! I was not expecting him to show up like that.
    Some great pages in this chapter, nice double spreads!
    Gotta love Miura's style.

did he always have a bailith sword?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    did he always have a bailith sword?
    Well he did use in in vol 25 was it? When he saved Guts from the wicked hot god hand in the troll cave. I think he showed the Behelit Sword to Guts one time before that as well, just to brag about his mad skills, might have been somewhere around the time Griffith was born unto the world again (I might be totally wrong about that one though)...

But god dang what a chap, as you said Kai, totally unexpected, and a serious feeling of cliffhanger, one feeling that Berserk had not given in a long time. Not that Griffith is gonna die, and even if the human form of Griffith did die, the battle would not be over until Guts went to hell and ripped Griffith's guts out.

New chapter:

Download link

I just shat so many bricks.

Whoa...a new world? Hmmm, I think now would be a good time to get back to the Guts crew. Hopefully its not all like, we're on a boat http://www.youtube.com/watch?p=0516A...&v=6_YlkEUOonI and they just get to Elfhelm.

305 is out (torrent)

sweet...

I was worried that Grifitth is going to get an epic virgin mount (not in a freaky berserk 'mount' kind of way), but it turned out for the better.

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

It seems that "light" actually broke the barriers between the real world and shadow world, for possibly a large part of the world. And we got to see the Gutts crew (albeit briefly)!

I still love the art in Berserk, but I'm sick of all the new characters. Why can't we get back to Gutts?
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Yeah, the more time that goes by the more the two worlds merge. It's funny that the humans around Griffith are safe but ones that aren't, are attacked by monsters, waiting for Griffith to come tame them to be the hero and strengthen the kingdom. I really can't wait for some Gutts destruction!

I'm just looking forward to when we get back to Gutts' crew and they get to Elfhiem, and the story continues on from there.

not actually manga related, But yesterday I've found out there exists an abridged version of berserk
    (first episode)

it's quite funny, and passes up a few hours of watching, and since it's complete, it's really enjoyable.

Yeah, the more time that goes by the more the two worlds merge. It's funny that the humans around Griffith are safe but ones that aren't, are attacked by monsters, waiting for Griffith to come tame them to be the hero and strengthen the kingdom. I really can't wait for some Gutts destruction!

I'm just looking forward to when we get back to Gutts' crew and they get to Elfhiem, and the story continues on from there.

I must say that is a savvy way to become the saviour of the world. I mean, since he can control all monsters, then in that case he is the ideal leader of the world. The thing is, that he is a major cause of that (which most people have no idea of). As powerful as the Gutts crew is, its spurious to say whether or not they can change that. Although things would get interesting if Farneze can become an effective witch. We've already seen that he could be Skull Knight II. I say a good timeskip is needed soon.

Question: I watched the anime years ago. Should I read the manga from day one or just skip to where the anime ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos
    Question: I watched the anime years ago. Should I read the manga from day one or just skip to where the anime ended?
    Short answer is: Yes.

To elaborate a bit, the 3 first manga volumes are not included in the anime, only the first episode of the anime follows like a 3rd or less of the first volume of the manga. There are also a lot of details that they have cut out because it wasn't fit to put in an anime. Just fun things that makes the story more colorful.

But if those things don't interest you and you remember the anime well, then you could start from volume 9, because that's where the difference in the anime and the manga starts to show.