Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

This is an actual canvis painting apparently, I don't think the chapter will be in colour.

Thought not, would've been too weird... still, nice colored pic. Pity its still gonna be all about the gay (you know who I mean, and I won't mention him by name).

Chapter is out but no translation at this point in time, and I really want one as there is a bit of text there. I don't want to mention to much in this as no one has read it yet, and would rather wait, but Ganishka is damn.

Oh, and something always makes it self back to a certain person.

I'm on linking fire today
    new chapter

edit: that's some massive legwork the acsended super apostle has...
    but first of all, the jokes that surrond him: "TIMBER!", "that's some wood!", any DBZ-tree of life.

seriously, when he goes down, somebody better be yelling T-I-M-B-E-R!
    Last edited by Death BOO Z; Fri, 05-23-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Stating it bluntly, I'll be massively dissappointed if all that brief traipse down to hell granted was an impossibly large wacky, inflatable tubeman body with none of the pseudo-divine trappings of the real Godhand.

KIMOCHI~II

Chapter 297.

Pretty boring chapter.

Yeah except for the fact that we have a walking apocalypse no our hands. I mean, nothing happened, but still..... a multi-headed gigantic fire-breathing doomsday demon ranks pretty high on the bad-ass skill..... Miura didn't give us nothing.

how about a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    Yeah except for the fact that we have a walking apocalypse no our hands. I mean, nothing happened, but still..... a multi-headed gigantic fire-breathing doomsday demon ranks pretty high on the bad-ass skill..... Miura didn't give us nothing.
    Except it was the same thing last chapter, all that was different was him contemplating who he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    how about a link?
    Yeah seriously bitches, you can complain all you want after you give us a link.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Except it was the same thing last chapter, all that was different was him contemplating who he was.
    There was fire-breathing last chapter?

Link: http://www.mangashare.com/dl/Berserk_297/2175/

There wasn't, but that's not the least bit interesting at all.

god, even god has gone all bitchy and whiny on us.
    another one joins the griffth fanclub. and will soon turn to a mountain (volcano, tree of dominion - choose your legend).

show me some violence!

Any words about a new chap coming out soon? Been quite a while since we last saw a chapter, and man do I want to see this Griffith business over and done with, haven't read anything since it started and I refuse to read it before Guts is back.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    it has been awhile. i caught up, and i'm actually enjoying what's going on with Griffith and the emperor. i really thought the latest chapter with the Emperor 'losing himself in himself' was a rather well done and dramatic one. too bad it's a character most of us don't care about.

so, griffith is doing all these good things and, and i can't believe i'm even wondering this... but is there a chance that maybe he's building a 'country of his own' that would actually be a good place? Sure, he's uniting the Vatican countries probably just to control them, but did he really need to save the lives of all those people in Midland? Or is this all a setup for when Griffith goes and fucks everyone over somehow?

I've been pondering this for awhile, and I'm going to be doing it anyway since it's something i think i'll enjoy.

i'm going to be writing a few little essays on some of the reoccurring themes in Berserk. there's alot more to this manga than just 'cool action and memorable characters', and i've pulled up a list of things i'd write about. tell me if you think i should add a theme or if i missed one.

losing oneself - 1 - losing oneself in oneself
    losing oneself - 2 - losing oneself in others, in the world
    eyes
    Beauty and loss of beauty
    animal, monster or human? - blurring the lines
    water - 1 - kinds of, what they represent
    water - 2 - flow
    Dreams
    Sexual violence
    Followers and leaders - sacrifice and service
    Friends
    Shedding - bonds, blood
    women
    hands
    doctrine vs personal beliefs/direction
    nature and manmade manifestations
    Revenge
    Fire - sparks and steady flame

recommendations for additions are welcome.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    it has been awhile. i caught up, and i'm actually enjoying what's going on with Griffith and the emperor. i really thought the latest chapter with the Emperor 'losing himself in himself' was a rather well done and dramatic one. too bad it's a character most of us don't care about.

so, griffith is doing all these good things and, and i can't believe i'm even wondering this... but is there a chance that maybe he's building a 'country of his own' that would actually be a good place? Sure, he's uniting the Vatican countries probably just to control them, but did he really need to save the lives of all those people in Midland? Or is this all a setup for when Griffith goes and fucks everyone over somehow?

I've been pondering this for awhile, and I'm going to be doing it anyway since it's something i think i'll enjoy.

i'm going to be writing a few little essays on some of the reoccurring themes in Berserk. there's alot more to this manga than just 'cool action and memorable characters', and i've pulled up a list of things i'd write about. tell me if you think i should add a theme or if i missed one.

losing oneself - 1 - losing oneself in oneself
    losing oneself - 2 - losing oneself in others, in the world
    eyes
    Beauty and loss of beauty
    animal, monster or human? - blurring the lines
    water - 1 - kinds of, what they represent
    water - 2 - flow
    Dreams
    Sexual violence
    Followers and leaders - sacrifice and service
    Friends
    Shedding - bonds, blood
    women
    hands
    doctrine vs personal beliefs/direction
    nature and manmade manifestations
    Revenge
    Fire - sparks and steady flame

recommendations for additions are welcome.
    Well there is one aspect to his country that just means doom no matter how you look at it. He makes no distinction between alive and dead creature. I mean, living people are bound to be eaten in his little "utopia". As long as Griffith lives, evil will follow him like they do Gats and Caska.

And this brings me to a very sad topic, the only way for this to end is if Gats and Caska become free of their curse, which probably will only happen if all the god hands are dead. Pretty big task, and more likely is that Gats will die trying.

Also, to "kind of" add to your list:

The good guy being the bad guy in the eyes of people.
    The bad guy being the good guy in the eyes of people.

I just love this theme of the manga. Only a few people know to call Griffith "The hawk of darkness", everyone else calls him "the hawk of light". On the other hand, where ever Gats goes he is hated like no tomorrow, and he is actually in the right, which only a few selected people know.

I just love that shit, could talk about it for hours.

I saw an ad on /a/ for a Berserk/Someothermanga crossover battle coming out in November. Maybe this means another chapter is on its way?

Here is the New Berserk RAW:

Megaupload

Note: I came.

298 by Franky-House

RapidShare - MegaUpload

Next chapter November 14, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    Note: I came.
    I wanted to be able to say the same... but I can't.

the last three pages were amazing, but the rest of it wasn't...
    also, FH version had some weird wording and could use a proper grammatical QC.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.