Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

Well, I am done watching the anime. Now where do I start?

Isn't that obvious? Start reading it from the beginning and you'll do just fine. Just read one box after the other. Do not skip ahead in the manga just because you've seen the anime, you'll miss bundles that isn't in the anime. you might find the manga att www.tokyotosho.com

Start at the beginning you can get it all from mangatraders.

Quote Originally Posted by bagandscalpel
    Reluctantly jumping onto the irate fan-bandwagon, the story seriously needs to shift focus. I truly miss having Guts as the dominant driving force of the story, hence the Retribution arc being my favorite.

That being said, when do you all predict the Millenium Falcon arc will end, if it's not the final act?
    Yeah, I'm much the same with having Guts as the dominant force, it's so much better when he's in the light.

Not sure with how long the Millenium Falcon arc will last but they might change it not to long after or at the Elfhiem place or they will change it up after Griffiths gets crowned King.

Wait, this arc is called the Millenium Falcon arc? I thought I recalled it being called something else like Millenium Hawk. Millenium Falcon just brings up the image of Han Solo, Star Wars, Chewbacca and the ship mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Wait, this arc is called the Millenium Falcon arc? I thought I recalled it being called something else like Millenium Hawk. Millenium Falcon just brings up the image of Han Solo, Star Wars, Chewbacca and the ship mostly.
    Hahahaha, I see what you mean.

I've been wrestling with this issue, myself, and ended up giving in to calling it the "Millenium Falcon" arc because of the familiar Star Wars connotations. Also, I remember some group's scanslations of Berserk (around the time Griffith started attacking the Kushan) that used "falcon" everywhere people like you or I expect "hawk."

Oh, and the Berserk Encyclopedia on skullknight.net uses Millenium Falcon, as well, so that might also be where it stuck to me.

KIMOCHI~II

I've never seen the arc called anything else besides Millenium Falcon, but yeah, it reminds me of Star Wars everytime I read it as well.

I don't really mind when they decide switch arcs (provided, of course, this isn't the last one), so long as they throw Guts back into the picture. I'm with pretty much everyone else on this one: the manga really needs to return focus to Guts. However, maybe this is a ploy to draw even more distaste towards Griffith, by making him the center of attention for a bundle of chapters.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Genma
    I'm with pretty much everyone else on this one: the manga really needs to return focus to Guts. However, maybe this is a ploy to draw even more distaste towards Griffith, by making him the center of attention for a bundle of chapters.
    I actually really enjoy when the focus is on Griffith... I enjoy the action and of course am a total Guts fanboy, but what keeps me reading Berserk is the story, not the gory violence. Guts' chapters can leave me feeling pretty unfulfilled when they're just parts of a fight, but almost everytime Griffith is around, it has something to do with the story...

However, I do not appreciate when Miura focuses on the new, demonic members of "the Band of the Hawk". Aside from that one eerie chick and Zodd, I couldn't care less about the archer, armor and all those other super strong Disciples.

But I'm fine with the current chapters focusing on Griffith and the aftermath of the war. That stuff is pretty important, with the pope and Charlotte and all. I mean, can you imagine if the manga just followed Guts' voyage and then had him come back to Midland without any explanation of all the stuff that we're seeing now?

I'm hoping that when they do go back to Guts, that he's already reached that island. I'm not so keen on a bunch of chapters dealing with them fishing out at sea...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I have to agree with masa on this one. Even though Guts is one of my favorite all time characters in all of manga, I like how Griffith's story is developed on how he attains his long lasting dream.

All I want to see for the moment is what happens to Caska.

For Caska, I predict some drooling, possibly some biting, and countless amounts of "Ahh" noises.

Something better change in her condition when they reach that island. Everyone else has had development in the last 10+ volumes.

I don't think anyone was saying they don't like the parts with Griffiths, but just more I don't think they could add anymore at this point, the whole charlotte and marriage thing, and saving the pontiff are very crucial to the story line. More Griffiths parts are going to be needed with the story especially in the stage it is at now, but would be nice to get some more development on the Guts side, it will be good to see when more people start to recognise him as the former Raiding Commander for the Hawks, and that he's opposing Griffiths.

I am actually anticipating the time in which Griffith reveals his true colors as the Hawk of Darkness and ushers in this foretold "age of evil" that's been eluded to a couple of times.

KIMOCHI~II

it's too hard and too boring to read manga. do u read from right to left?

it's not hard, how can it be hard? And of course you read from right to left.

lol @ lilphatboi88.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Quote Originally Posted by lilphatboi88
    it's too hard and too boring to read manga. do u read from right to left?
    lol wut?

Protip: you're not mashing hard enough, ergo the text and images don't register as inputs into your mind.

KIMOCHI~II

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

cuz they're pretty

fanarts and stuff

[url=

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Hm, I must say, best piece of fanart I've ever seen is still that Berserk movie poster I tacked up dozens of pages back. Very little surpasses Miura's canvas works.

KIMOCHI~II

and now I present to you the 286 preview, although it seems to have nothing to do with the chapter it is a nice image.

Title: On the ship

Can't wait for friday, get to see Guts and co, with Azan.

Wow, that is among the best art work I've ever seen. Next chap will be great if it's on the ship You the man Kai!