Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

If Ganishka isn't even able to touch Griffith, then how in the devils name will Gutts ever be able to? (Oh, I say the devils name because Griffith here is a god and he is evil, so the devil must be one of the good guys).

I know this won't happen, but I hope Ganishka kicks a little ass.

Quote Originally Posted by bagandscalpel
    As long as I can remember, I've always known the duo as "Guts" and "Puck." Thinking that the "Gatts" came from the Japanese pronunciation "Gatsu," but who knows.

Not sure where there's an excessive usage of slang... could you possibly point out the specific parts, and which scanslators are you reading from?
    Taking a closer looks it seems it's only bandits and mercenaries that talked that way.. guessing it just has to do with education/growing up.

Wink

How often does a chapter come out?

I've probably answered this question twice in the last 2 weeks, last time.

Chapters are released on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of a month.

and we have another chapter
    283 raw is out, but no translating at this time.

Also some bad news, April 6th is the next day of release.
    Last edited by kAi; Wed, 02-21-2007 at 08:43 PM.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    it's been awhile since i've read Berserk. Wanted to go back a little ways to keep everything in perspective.

Serpico was awesome, jumping in between Guts and Zodd in chap277! I mean, to have the balls to stand up to those two, and appealing to the warmer side of Guts. "Like you'd care about pissing contests between monsters?" obviously hinting about how he has to protect Caska. I thought that was solid of him.

i can't really say that the weekly chapters focusing on the big battles does much for me. it was cool to see the Neo Band of the Hawk in action for the first time, and more of Griffith's genius/godliness is always a cool bonus. This story is so driven by the old characters for me that I really only like chapters with them in it. I couldn't even care less about the Kushan prince (although he is starting to look like he might be influential in the long run) or the Midland/Vatican army. The only thing I liked was the shots of Griffith looking pimp

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Just read the translation for 283, and damn. You get some nice information from it, and the setup for another time.

yes, 283 is out and uber.
    go read, Griffith's after the emperor's power, and he's going to make Genshika his own...

I bet one of the Kushan army soldiers, the one that seems like he's a prince or something forgot if his name was ever mentioned, will join Guts and his group.

Quote Originally Posted by Budweineken
    I bet one of the Kushan army soldiers, the one that seems like he's a prince or something forgot if his name was ever mentioned, will join Guts and his group.
    Aye, Silat seems to be shaping up into that role in which he'll eventually come to oppose both his demonic master and the forces of the White Hawk. Though, I don't expect this to happen until Guts and co. make a return trip from Elfhelm (which I don't see happening until after 2 more volumes, bare minimum).

KIMOCHI~II

Tomorrow we get the next chap of Berserk. What is to happen, will we finally continue Guts journey towards elfheim of will we have another boring chap about Griffiths grace?

Most likely we'll end up seeing Griffith for the whole chapter, then a page or two of Guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari
    Tomorrow we get the next chap of Berserk. What is to happen, will we finally continue Guts journey towards elfheim of will we have another boring chap about Griffiths grace?
    Come now, give the fellow some credit! I mean, wasn't it at least entertaining to see Ganishka literally wither in Griffith's presence?

KIMOCHI~II

Well...... No! I want him dead, I want him crawling in front of Guts sword begging for his life. I want him to plead and suffer, and then I want him to die. Ganishka was only a small pebble on the road.

I get pissed off by anything and everything that makes Griffith look like a hero. He IS the bad guy and people are so gulleble in the manga, argh!!!

Berserk 284 By Evil Genius is out

You can view it here
    Last edited by budak getah; Sat, 04-14-2007 at 10:25 PM.

Nice episode and some things mentioned.

Chapter Talk
    Griffiths is now engaged to Charlotte and that will be making him soon to be King, and once the Pontiff shows up it should be able to be finalised and legit.

I agree. And Griffith has already saved the Pope.

Griffith will be King. No one can stop him, either than Gatts. Now do we go back to Gatts and the island of Fairies?
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Yeah, I think Griffiths will become King, I think it will stay focused with Griffiths for a while now. You'll probably see the Pontiff show up. As they were saved just recently and probably on the way to Vritannis.

Quote Originally Posted by budak getah

You can view it here
    Why not just give a link to the file itself?

http://bt.evil-genius.us:60000/files...84.rar.torrent

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by budak getah

You can view it here
    thnx! I came

seriously. Griffith is so fucking smart and manipulative... it's almost hard to keep hating him because he constantly surprises and impresses with his godliness. I love how he shut up those Midland nobles. You think they'd have been a bit more grateful... he just saved them from Kushan raping them...

that one Kushan prince's witnessing Griffith and the Kushan Emperor talking... yeah, he's probably going to wind up joining Gutts.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

ANd man does that piss me off or what, can't someone please put a sock in him?