Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

Berserk

and it's still not finished, or close to it.

DAMN THIS MANGA IS GREAT!!!!

Berserk

I'm on volume 3 so far and I'm loving it.

Berserk

Berserk 270 preview I found.
    Seems as March 10 is the day of reckoning.

Berserk

HAH!

Though... that looks... disturbingly plausible.

A berserker-mage that flys around spearheading things with the DragonSlayer in one hand while casting spells of unspeakable power with the other...

It eliminates any need for the rest of the group!

KIMOCHI~II

Berserk

Lol.. thats really really funny. I laughed so loud my Mom thought I was heaving a heart attack and barged into my room.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Berserk

I'm just done with Volume 29, and that seems to be the last one that Band of the Hawk released.
    Are the 30 and up volumes on MangaTraders good, or should I go search for a different release?

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Berserk

Evil Genius is the only and best group that scanlates berserk chapterwise.

Berserk

Yup.. Band of the Hawk waits for the whole volume to be released before the sub it. Evil Genius just subs whenever an episode is released. In my opinion both are of equal quality. I just get both anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Berserk

I personally love both the Berserk anime and Manga, though I thought that the anime didn't come close to showing the entirety of Guts' past, and how much shit actually happened to him.

"My love for you Is like a truck....Berserker! Are you want to making fuck....Berserker! .....Berserker!"-Guts

"....Did he just say 'making fuck'?"-Caska

....Sorry, had to.

Berserk

God damn. I finally caught up with everything in this manga (i love this story so much, and I love the dark style, especially the faces. The people almost look like a wax museum exhibit sometimes...)

but now I have to sit and wait (not so) patiently for chapters to come out... just about every month, right?

Also, am I alone in strongly disliking how big the group is getting? (or rather, the impact it has had on the manga...)
    Serpico, Farenze, Caska, Puck. I was fine when all of them joined up. Caska's coming back brought a brand new dimension to the fight and showed alot about Guts' changes. Puck's comic relief was most necessary for a story as bleak and violent as this. Serpico just plain rocks. Farenze... meh, she sorta faded into the background (until recently) and her sudden meekness was only countered by the fact that she's a package deal with Serpico.

Then there's Isidoro. At first he cracked me up (and he still does) and I liked the idea of Guts getting an 'apprentice'. I also like how Isidoro had to go about learning his own fighting style. But now I feel like him, and Puck, and Caska's occasional childish silliness, along with Serpico's wit/comments tipped the balance towards 'comedy'.

Schierke. Ok, I was sorta wary of another character joining them. But she's brought a brand new element into the story with her Magic. I also like her outlook on humanity and some of her scenes and spells have had absolutely beautiful animation. I also like how her and Guts are paired up and she has to risk herself to 'bring him back'.

But Schierke comes with some baggage, in the form of Evarellea. Did we really need another elf? Granted, I'm sure something important is bound to eventually happen with her and Puck, and she is different from Puck as far as personality. But for some reason that was the straw that broke the camels back for me. The amount of space dedicated to comic relief has gotten too damn big IMO. Isidoro, Puck, Evarellea, and even Serpico, Caska (and even Guts once and again) all of their 'funny little comments' seem to be too much to me.

Yes, I realize this has descended into a rant. I love this manga, and I know it's stupid to criticize Miura. I just sometimes find myself wishing that he'd stop giving so much time, space and effort to these gags and jokes. I know the elves are almost always just a tiny part on the page, but they appear in so many panels and I say 'who knows how much further along we'd be in the story if they'd just get shunted to the back more often' or 'rather than think up their jokes and draw them in, why not work on a background or large panel page?'

Fuck, shit. You all know how (overly)critical I can be... so don't get me wrong. I love this fucking manga. I even enjoy the comic relief at times. But it's a story about Guts, Caska and Griffith, and I know the other characters are deep and all, but goddamn I want the spotlight to be on the three main characters!

edit: 1500th post! Level Up!

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Berserk

Yeah, I agree that there is simply too much extra baggage in Guts' group at the moment. Though I can tolerate Roderick, he's probably going have to leave at some point... And Magnifico has just been utterly useless, so he's going to have to be dropped, soon. As for Farnese, Serpico, Shriecke, and Ivarella, they come in pairs, so I'm not sure whether Miura's going to let them go at all. And I suspect that Isidro is going to grow into his own "major character" maybe some time down the road from now.

KIMOCHI~II

Berserk

I wonder whether Azan would join them as well. He's somewhere in the city.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Berserk

Yeah, I thought he would've been one of the people to be with Guts well at least until the end of this part anyway.

Berserk

Who was Azan? I don't remember...

Berserk

Azen? do you mean sir Owen? One of the Midland nobles who has been around since really early in the story?

I don't see him (or that other Midland noble, the one who almost got killed trying to find info on the Princess in Midland) as the fighting types. I see them as providing support/arms to Guts and his crew later on, and maybe also trying to persuade people that Griffith's crew is not the one they should side with. Their has to be some reason Miura wrote them into the storyline...

And if I'm wrong and Azen is a different person, who the hell is he? I can't recall him at all...

Berserk

Nope. Azan the bridge guardian.

Remember he helped fight off the pirates when Isidiro and Shierke was at the pier? He fights using a spear thingy. And we saw him again hungry scrounging for food in the tavern.

He used to work under Farneze as one of the HOly Chain Nights before the God Hand tower thingy.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Berserk

gosh i do know remember that guy. I had totally forgotten about him and so when he showed up to help Isidoro and Mule I was just 'who the fuck is that?'. Then he was outside the tavern and I was just like, 'oh, some random re-occurring comedy character Miura wanted to throw in'

If he joins up with Guts and co. I will hold you personally responsible.

There's the 270 preview, although 270 is actually out but it's only in it's RAW form.

oh shit!! he looks really evil...will the power of the silke and guts fusion be enough to defeat janenba....errr the giant elephant thingies??!!

You can go to MangaTraders for the RAW and a Text translation.