Thread: MY COMP FREZZES ON COMP GAMES

MY COMP FREZZES ON COMP GAMES

My Specs are

amd xp 1800+
    gforce mx200
    1.53ghz
    256mb ram

i am runnign acRO,Counter Stirke,Gunbound any help on how to keep it from crashing my comp in those games

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

RE: MY COMP FREZZES ON COMP GAMES

Without knowing more, it's always hard to say.

Generally when I'm diagnosing a crashy pc, my order of operations goes something like this:

1: Check the event logs for details of the crashes.
    2: Check for viruses, check for spyware, check for other strange or unknown processes in the startup sections of the registry.
    3: Check for driver updates and driver compatibility, check for windowsupdates at the same time.
    4: Check components for temperatures (if there are sensors in them), make sure the system isn't running too hot.
    5: Do hardware tests to rule out flaky hardware (memtest86, prime95).
    6: try a reinstall of the OS and all your software.

If it's several games consistently crashing the system, and nothing else ... I'd immediately suspect cpu overheat though. What sort of heatsink/fan are you using, and how is it connected (thermal pad, thermal grease -- what type of grease). How's your cpu fan, how's your case venthilation otherwise?

hmm...my comp is usually on and i only have the main fan and the cpu fan.......maybe thats the problem but....it also happens after i turn off my comp for 4 hrs and it is compleatly cooled down......i updated the drivers and my opengl op. (DiretX 9.0b,Nvidia)...well its a good thing i am gonaa buy new equip. at Frys. so that means a 4 fan case,gforce 5500 overclocked,soyo motherboard P4 combo,and a plasma ......i think this might help

Ps. it freezzes and i cant move anything my ctrl+alt+delete or mouse and i cant shut down with the flag...i have to force the comp to shut down

also happens after i turn off my comp for 4 hrs and it is compleatly cooled down
    Demanding applications (like your games) will take no time to heat up a processor. AMD's earlier processors tend to be a bit weak on the thermal side (especially when it comes to emergencies).

So after you've determined that software is not causing the problem, it's probably the hardware (and probably a thermal one at that).

Immediately after a crash, take a good smell of the case (actually worked in one instance!); if you smell something burning, it is more than likely a temperature problem.

WOAH!! it does work..my case smeels like dead animals and some metal melting......wow this is how gay my comp is...well time to mow lawns and help old ladies croos da street

There is alot of things that can determine what will make your games crash. Try answer the following :

-Was it a problem before or recent
    ~If so try and findout what latest drivers or software/hardware changes you made.

But we dont have that much info from what u even said so you have to be more clear

it was before ..and like i said i have updated all my drivers

Well, was it before or after the driver updates?

both