Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I BRING DOOM DOOM DOOM TO YOU ALL

I BRING DOOM DOOM DOOM TO YOU ALL

DOOM3 is out. And so is the Gotwoot forum back again. yay.
    I think with all the hype about this game, it's worth talking about it.

What you guys think? I've just started playing the game. Scary as hell. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Claustrophobic's nightmare
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

it's not really 'scary,' but more like 'surprising.' i mean, it's not really a scary storyline (although it would be if it did happen). the monster popping out of the dark behind you or whatever just makes you jump and that's pretty much about it. but if you've played any doom before, you pretty much know what and where something will happen to make you jump.

and how annoying is the flashlight? it really sucks how you can't have it turned on while you're using a weapon.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Well there is a mod that enables you to attach the flashlight to you weapon with ductape [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And the dynamic lighting mod is also awesome, but eats alot of FPS though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Here some screens of the dynamic lighting mod:

Oh sry for double post >.<

I got Doom 3 but I cant play it till I get a better processor >_>. My cousin had it though and I played it there once and the graphics are awesome. They could've made a better storyline tho, its always the same.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

This makes the old doom and doom 2 look like frogger. I miss the old days when the monsters were poorly constructed blocks of pixels.

Originally posted by: NarutoMaster
    I got Doom 3 but I cant play it till I get a better processor >_>. My cousin had it though and I played it there once and the graphics are awesome. They could've made a better storyline tho, its always the same.
    doom3 is suppose to be a remake of doom.
    www.rolleyes.net/

it's fun, i'm enjoying it

the first person shooter genre has been lacking in single player since everyone's been focusing on multiplayer so much.. or maybe i just miss quake1 since that was the first shooter i ever played [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] looking forward to hl2 ;D

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
    Originally posted by: NarutoMaster
    doom3 is suppose to be a remake of doom.
    Really? I didn't know that. But wasn't the last Doom the exact same thing to? You go to Mars, then all hell breaks loose with aliens. I never played the second Doom so I dont know much about it. Oh yeah, for everyone who played the first Doom, does anyone ever remember using the Barney code? All the aliens transform into Barney and they sing the "I Love You" song. Ahh, being able to kill Barney. Good times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

i believe the second doom is about hell on earth. i don't know where doom 64 fits into the story line.
    www.rolleyes.net/

RE: I BRING DOOM DOOM DOOM TO YOU ALL

I posted this in another thread, but for those who missed it here it is again, saves me retyping it:

Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
    I think it's a little linear, but what game isn't these days? Overall, I think it's very atmospheric, you feel like you're really there. I wouldn't call it scary, but rather it makes you jump, there's a difference, it's a true 'brown trousers' (ew) game. The monsters are well designed and animated, the bosses are pretty cool, and the environmental textures are amazing. Too bad my PC doesn't run it too well, I need an upgrade soon.
    Hopefully I should be upgrading in the next week or so. It's gonna be great, I'll play through the game again on nightmare this time!

I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

I thought that Doom 3 was supposed to take place even before Doom?

Ah, I have no solid evidence, so you might be right Mut@t@.

Anywho, I dunno what I was expecting from Doom 3, as I'm solely waiting for Halflife 2, but I still have to say that Doom 3 does indeed push the boundries of graphics but does little else. I mean, the story is nothing new, the playthrough is nothing new, the weapons are nothing new.
    I'm expecting the mod community to come through and make something alot better of the engine of Doom3 than Doom 3 itself.

Speaking of the flashlight, you should over to here for the "duct tape" mod. It gives you a flashlight while weilding guns. Pretty nifty.

All in all, Doom 3: good game, great graphics, on par FPS.

im not really a doom fan, but from the looks of the screenshots it looks pretty damn fun. though i have really had my eye on counter-strike:source for a long time.

Missing Nin

its good for the first hour, after that it jst gets old real fast. its so repetitive (find PDA, open door, kill some demons, find PDA, open door, kill some demons), so i got bored by the time i got past alpha labs. im jst waiting for HL2, hopefully that wont dissapoint unlike this game. (i was a big D1 and D2 fan)

R3n's right about repetitiveness. However it's still a fun/tough game. Don't play hard or MAX when you start out. Go for medium or Easy. I started out at MAX, so each zombie swipe was like 40 dmg. And their hella lot tougher. Got sick of the game too fast after it got kinda frustrating.

Medium's just nice for me for the mean time. I'm progressing through the levels quite an okay speed. Rarely dying. But I still think it's a good fps game. I heard the multi sucks though. Haven't tried that one out yet.

But the monsters and weapons are just awesome. The level designs are brilliant, except you can hardly fight outdoors, which was quite dissapointing. I expected more outdoor fighting if it weren't for the oxygen thingy.

I think the next series would probably be hell on earth or in Phobos or one of MArs'es moons.

nevertheless, I still think the first person game is still kickass. Except less shock-value please. But the fighting in the darkness effect is cool.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Missing Nin

ive tried the Multiplayer with some friends and its shit. its jst a slower version of UT2k3

I heard they spent a total of about 3 weeks on the multiplayer part, so it's no wonder. The focus is on SP for sure. But you just know some kick-ass mods will be made for it, whether they're SP or MP.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

i think i said this before but
    Doom - coop = not worth buying
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Well I DLed it just now, guess I'll give it a shot...

Some moments really scared the shit out of me...

But the storyline is very blurry, can't really get a hold on what happened
    Just running around, staying alive, talk to some survivors and killing some weird creatures again.. and again.. and again..