Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chidori vs. Rasengan

RE: Chidori vs. Rasengan

Originally posted by: Hotsuma
    Your jutsu is only as good as how well you've mastered it. In that case, Sasuke and his Chidori is mountains better than Naruto and his Rasengan.
    I'd say that's probably just as logical as Eurasian's "logic". Realistically, no matter how good your style is with a featherduster, a thermonuclear missile will always be stronger. There's a lot of interplay here between the strength of the move, the skill of the wielder, and hell... the story behind all this. My sneaking suspicion is that Sasuke = owned. His best move will prove, yet again, not enough for Naruto, and will be forced to rely on his evil nature to even come close.

I think that this is all a bit unfortunate. We all know Sasuke can run circles around Naruto, and it seems a bit forced by Kishimoto that Sasuke isn't kicking Naruto's ass, but is rather just rushing in with his "finishing" move. The next chapter 227 is going to be verbal interplay between Sasuke and Naruto, and finishing off with Assuke opening up his can of level 2. Quote me on that one.

-xtortout

if the "death blows" don't finish one or the other off, then its probably going to switch to sasuke slapping naruto around. and just before sasuke's victory he will go on another rant, said rant will cause to naturo go on one of his "don't underestimate me" bits. afterwhich naruto will somehow pull a victory out of his ass.

as for the issue of superior finishing moves, rasangan wins hands down. Compare the damage to the water towers the first time they attempted to clash with finishing moves. Sasuke did some damage, but Naruto RAPED the damn thing.

naruto wont win this one. sasuke will slap naruto around then someone will come and scare him away.

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar

ok, i'm wrong. i have bad logic. and i guess it is how skillful the ninja is.

I tried my best...

Chidori vs. Rasengan

Originally posted by: xtort
    Originally posted by: Hotsuma
    Your jutsu is only as good as how well you've mastered it. In that case, Sasuke and his Chidori is mountains better than Naruto and his Rasengan.
    I'd say that's probably just as logical as Eurasian's "logic". Realistically, no matter how good your style is with a featherduster, a thermonuclear missile will always be stronger. There's a lot of interplay here between the strength of the move, the skill of the wielder, and hell... the story behind all this. My sneaking suspicion is that Sasuke = owned. His best move will prove, yet again, not enough for Naruto, and will be forced to rely on his evil nature to even come close.

-xtortout
    A featherduster and thermonuclear missle aren't jutsus. And the difference between the two is obviously very far-fetched. Additionally, I never said anything about which is "stronger", but "better (character)". There's a difference. Better jutsu doesn't mean you win. Shikamaru is the proof because he beat people with his one, overused jutsu through mastery of it and how he utilized it in the proper situations. So, yes. If we were to take Sasuke with his Chidori (and no seal) plus Naruto and his Rasengan (no Kyuubi), Sasuke is the better because he can form his Chidori almost instantly, whereas Naruto can only do so with kagebunshin assist.

But given the situation, I can understand where you're coming from. Since Sasuke is just rushing into it (VS Naruto), he is the weaker character, mainly because of the difference in Jutsus.

Sasuke's Chidori either loses, or results in a statemate.

In either case, he takes his lvl 2 seal for a test drive VS Naruto.

Naruto decides to use his own trump card and whips out ol Kyuubi.

Past that, it's anybody's game. I'm sick of Sasuke and his crap now. Way too much time consumed this shit.

Haha, I'd agree to most of that. The point was really that it's not JUST skill alone that decides stuff. Beyond that, it is anyone's game. I've had a good time with this most recent arc. It's moved the story in each chapter more than in the 30 chapters of fighting the Sound 4. I like that, and want more to come of it. It'll be interesting. If you think about it, what are the possibilities with Sasuk'e new possible jutsu. If he gets it by killing Naruto, well.. that can't happen. If he gets it some other way, it's pretty much gotta be Sakura, unless there's a hole in the idea that the only way you can get it is by killing your friend. If he gets it without killing Naruto, I'm worried for the story.

Regardless, this has been a good arc.

-xtortout

He'll get the Mangekyou Sharingan a different way.. Mainly through protection, allies and friendship. And all that other mumbo jumbo. It's a trend. That's how all strayed characters get "more" powerful.

I think that in chapter 227 it will be like, naruto and sasuke using their Chidori and Rasengan against each other, and than, when sasuke will realize he can't kill naruto with the Chidori, he will transform to the level 2 curse seal thing and naruto will ask th nin tails to land him his full power. than, there will be a cool showdown with flashbacks and all (and of course a lot of tears). than, each one them will make is strongast move and the chapter will end. and in chapter 228, we will find out that the two are like falling to the river after their big hits at each and the two back to their normel forms, and than, in the scene were they both are falling to the river, naruto will unconscious and sasuke will be in conscious (very like the scene with garaa). then sasuke will realize how foolish he have acted and and save naruto from death (by falling to the water, man it's high!) and he will remmeber how naruto really was is best friend. than will naruto gain consciousness, sasuke will tell him wht he treid to kill him and what was the original purpose of the sharingan. end

azzmanx

naruto is gonna wipe the floor with 2nd level sasuke using the nine tail chakra on a projectile version of the Rasengan. and then sasuke will open the 3rd seal (everything comes in threes) and then it'll be a stalemate similar to Gaara.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

I've read all the manga chapters from the introduction of tsunade till the end in 2 nights. I couldn't hold out any longer. I think the rasengan is more powerful than the chidori based on the damage each was shown to do to the water towers a buncha chapters back. But, on a head on collision between the two techniques, it's kinda hard to tell. In my mind I kinda compare the rasengan to a chainsaw, and the chidori to...something that...stabs really well.......So yeah, I don't know.

About how this is going to end, I'm confident the writers will leave me satisified so the specifics of what happens, BUT, one thing BETTER NOT HAPPEN...and that's Sasuke going back to team 7 and them working on missions and growing stronger and playing together again, or anything like it. Ideally, Sasuke beats the living shit out of Naruto and goes to Orochimaru. Sasuke's "Destiny" needs to proceed.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

i think were gonna have to wait to 228 before anything gets the least bit resolved, or maybe even 230(if it get really drawn out)

Chidori vs. Rasengan

spoken like a true Sasgay fangirl/boy Rasengan is way more powerfull then chidori even if naruto has to use 2 hands to do it

Chidori vs. Rasengan

The funny thing is with all your predictions you fall to realize that Sasuke hasnt even use his 1st level of the curse seal, and he's handing Naruto his ass.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

Chidori vs. Rasengan

Originally posted by: JerV
    spoken like a true Sasgay fangirl/boy Rasengan is way more powerfull then chidori even if naruto has to use 2 hands to do it
    Nope, I like Naruto better, and, hah, look at chapter 227, you don't better than anyone else.

Yeah, a Naruto fighting with the mentality that the person in front of him is his friend, and not a ninja trying to murder him (despite having been told, it's still hard for him to believe). Once he gets a grip on what Sasuke's about, he'll start being serious himself, and the fight won't be so one sided.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

I think it would be cool if sasuke realizes how to do a mangekyou sharingan in the middle of the fight. NOW THAT WOULD BE WORTH IT... Rasengan and chidori dont really seem to be the death move that they should be... but mangekyou sharingan kicks ass.

as i have said before i really hope sasuke doesnt get the mangekyou sharingan just now...i hope he gets the three pupils in each eye first then the mangekyou...as with getting the mangekyou he has already basically mastered the sharingan...and doesnt leave any where to improve much on it...

oh and rasengan and chidori are the death moves they should be...
    but naruto and sasuke are different to the true masters of the respective moves..
    jiraiya and kakashi!

when they use these moves there used to there full potential!!

I was under the impression that Naruto was making a point of keeping the power of the rasengan down so as to not kill Sasuke but still powerful enough to block the chidori.

i dont think naruto knoes the full capacities of the rasengan...because when he used it in kabuto he went flying away but he was already healing himself before the initial impact...and when he sees jiraiya use it it was just to push the guy outta the way and knock him out (or not)...other wise he as just seen it used on inanimate objects, eg trees...i dont think he realises that it would rip you to shreds if used properly..

im thinking the first time he [naruto] kills someone it is going to be with the rasengan and it aint gunna be pretty..

naruto does not know the full capapilitys of the rasengan nor does jiraiya because there are eight levels to the Rasengan that only its creator, Yondaime, knows how to accomplish. The last five have not been seen yet, but they most definitely become more powerful and more difficult to master as they go.

piasEnigma: where did you get that from..?