Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Important News regarding Naruto! Please read.

Important News regarding Naruto! Please read.

Originally posted by: Ciber
    Ours does not contain any spelling errors or typo's. [img][/img]
    lol

i was planning on downloading aone first anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

RE: Important News regarding Naruto! Please read.

Originally posted by: streen2000
    Seems that even the translation for anbu's 95-96 has suffered, even though crustol's still the translator for this one... rush-job perhaps? To show they're one up on aone. [img][/img]

New font ain't that hot either. [img][/img]
    how has there translation suffered? I found it better then AH's version. the two mistranslations in AH's version were translated correctly in ABu's version. Anbu's version had no spelling errors while AH did, and IMO things were worded better than AH. For example Kabuto's explanation to what his chakra scalple did to Naruto was worded much better than AH. But I agree with you on the font though. pure crap. the Kareoke font wasn't so amazing either...

13:56 "Forgetten".

"Promose" in the ED.

Among other things.

THE GREAT EYE SEES ALL
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

Whoa. I thought this forum was gone forever and ever. Sweet that it's not. Too bad to hear about the Aone/Anbu breakup. That's like...the penut butter and jelly in goobers going their separate ways. Looking at everyone's concerns though (being the quality of Naruto subs), I wouldn't worry too much. I checked the anbu site and they said that they wanted to release the eps in a more consistant and timely manner, blaming the breakup in part on Aone's devotion to quality at the expense of timeliness. This means...nothing's changed as far as how I'm going to get and watch the eps. Aone will still release eps with quality as the primary concern, and as such, are the eps I'm archiving. The only concern is how Anbu translations stack up to shin-otaku and the likes. If Anbu is siginificantly better, well then, I'll watch their eps (if Aone's releases don't come out at relatively the same time).
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

mpmpmp

My Ramblings:

While I have no right to say who is better in which aspects. To me, the uttermost important factor of an encode is the translation. It takes a lot of life experience, knowledge in the language from both the source and the target, as well as a good amount of creativity when choosing the right words to use for each anime genre (and in many cases, for each scene).

It is an undeniable fact that while we may be confident in the knowledge we currently have, we all still have much to learn about people and life and are constantly learning. The experiences we go thru each day allows us to see, interpret, understand, and then apply what we have acquired (SIUA). In the discussion of encoding japanese anime, one's work greatly shows how much of what one knows about people and life. While two different translators may have the same goal of a translation in mind, the results vary greatly in how the meaning of the aforementioned translation is applied (Example of SIUA: "That of which is beautiful may not always be good, but that of which is good, is always beautiful." <--- Different experiences in life will affect the level of understanding and application from the above sentence; One can come up with shallow interpretations or one may form a totally different meaning, which strays from the context of the original. Right or Wrong, is then, a matter of opinion.)

Sometimes, it is very understandable to not be able to choose the best word/s when forming a sentence that involves a lot of meaning; I often end up seeking the company of a good thesaurus when I run into writer's block. I can not speak for everyone, though I can safely say that many fans does not expect the translators to have an unparalleled amount of knowledge in both the source language and the target translation. As long as the sentences are translated properly and get the meaning across, most of us are quite content. The editing, typesetting, and timing process is very important as well. But again, how well the aforementioned processes can be done has to do with the level of knowledge one has about people and life (yes, I do sound cheesy. thank you.) All it takes is a little consideration and the effort in finding the best words to use when you feel that you have the right meaning in mind, but are unable to express them into proper wordings right away. I am sure many of us had seen sophomoric levels of translations being done simply because the translator lacked the understanding to make it "better".

Creativity is a very good example of " a matter of preferences ", and this makes fansubbing very difficult to satisfy fans of all walks of life and cultures. Yea, sure, as a professional fansubbing group, they will be glad to listen to the opinions from their fans, and make changes here and there according to the fan's needs. While that is the case, the final say on how things end up are still up to the staff members to decide. So... just what is creativity anyway? The ability to make stuff up that attracts a good niche of fans? Tiny thoughtful additions such as translating background texts or having a reference translation for traditional japanese foods/riddles? It really boils down to what the involved members decided to do, whether it is based on additions from fan feedbacks, or fansubber's personal preferences, or even thoughtful touches of adding some style to a specific scene - We will just have to accept it or leave. But first ask yourselves...do I fully understand the differences in how each group fansubs? do I fully understand the differences in how each group fansubs, and actually appreciate it? The better you get at understanding, the better you get at analyzing. (I could be wrong as well, I don't deny that.)

End Rambling.

Summary:

For those that had used up their time in reading my ramblings, I apologize. What I had rambled about are a few of the issues I had noticed during my more than half a decade worth of following the fansub scene. They are solely my personal opinions and are in no way intended to offend any one individual directly/in-directly. In short, they can be summed up to these:
    [*] Not everyone truly appreciates what fansub groups do for scene.
    [*] One's SIUA level determines how well one's work are presented.
    <A good example would be the comparison of subbing done in both the ANBU's and AONE's episode 95-96 release of Naruto: Timeframe between 22:50 and 23:35>
    [*] Quality over Quantity. Some chooses one over the other, and some chooses a combination of the two.
    In the end, you can not satisfy everyone.
    [*] Fansub groups come and go, Fans come and go. One must appreciate the other no matter the differences or preferences. The assholes outnumber the kindhearted - That gives birth to the ironfisted my way or no way at all attitude while the truly kindhearted diminishes in the fansubbing scene. New groups will eventually take over if older groups dies. Those truly Good fans will remember Good fansub group members.
    [*] One has to get all the facts straight and take the time to analyze the situation before mouthing off at any given topic just to show unproductive support. (yes, that includes me.)
    [*] Not everyone truly appreciates what fansub groups do for scene.
    [*] Respect your elders for they had done shits and lived thru shits you have yet to speak of. (I will end my ramblings here because it is becoming vulgar and out of topic)

P.S. I am 24 years old and I already sound like a grumpy old man.

P.P.S It is never too early to start eating more fiber. I shit you not.

Sign-Out

Missing Nin

nice layout! looks pretty.

Antitheus

mmm, i did download anbu and watched that , but i think i will probably stick with AonE.... i watch a lot more things that you guys have subbed, and i know your quality is always good.... you also seem a lot more professional to me than anbudom...

also, will you guys be re-subbing whats been done already? or just keep as is (i am hoping keep as is, you guys don't need to re-do it all me thinks)

wow the furoms is bak up and the main page is being updated wow and its sad that it happened well hop e it dont affet speed seeing how its slow as it is

ellspurs84

Originally posted by: frexeze
    so now that aone's version is out.. has anyone watched both anbu's and aone's? i havent seen either yet as my summer internet at college ended. i'm going home tonight and oging to download, jsut curious on opinions.

Ours does not contain any spelling errors or typo's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
    I'm not picking or anything, but at the end of your episode, where Naruto is explaining that the next episode starts at 7.27... but your subs say it starts at 7.29pm when the Japanese writing on the screen clearly shows it to be 7.27...

Like I say, I'm not picking... just showing you an error that you made so you don't do it again

I'm not picking or anything, but at the end of your episode, where Naruto is explaining that the next episode starts at 7.27... but your subs say it starts at 7.29pm when the Japanese writing on the screen clearly shows it to be 7.27
    Actually, that looks like picking to me......

Id like to know if 7:27 is right, and if actually Anbu blew it (because details so miniscule and unimportant to those not watching the show on tv) and Aone is correct[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

[quote]
    Originally posted by: ellspurs84
    Originally posted by: frexeze
    so now that aone's version is out.. has anyone watched both anbu's and aone's? i havent seen either yet as my summer <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=internet&v=56">internet</a> at <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=college&v=56">college</a> ended. i'm going <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=home&v=56">home</a> tonight and oging to <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=download&v=56">download</a>, jsut curious on opinions.

Ours does not contain any spelling errors or typo's. [img][/img]
    I'm not picking or anything, but at the end of your episode, where Naruto is explaining that the next episode starts at 7.27... but your subs say it starts at 7.29pm when the Japanese writing on the screen clearly shows it to be 7.27...

Like I say, I'm not picking... just showing you an error that you made so you don't do it again

likje we care at what time its going to show in japan, its just numbers

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Whats with the spam in the middle of the quote?!?! *Points to Deblas*
    Well I think everyone needs to stop complaining and do everything they can to help AonE. Wether it be small things such as leaving BT on over night or something more inclusive such as translations we all have to do something!

must be adware on his machine

Jounin

I dont know why you guys is like "what episode do i download now??"..

Download them all.. thats what i do.. AH is fastest so i download that first and then i download both ANBU and AonE.. But it will probably be AonE that i keep on my HDD..

I like AonE other subs.. But who knows.. maybe ANBU supprises me and make me keep theres ^^