Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Important News regarding Naruto! Please read.

RE: Important News regarding Naruto! Please read.

Geeze. I wonder what translator they'll use.. imo crustol ruuulez!

Important News regarding Naruto! Please read.

Originally posted by: mdclips
    I hope it will make naruto come out faster but it also might come out slower
    i just hope it will hold the same quality as before, but im confident that animeone can do it.

tom6173

hi
    can someone please tell me what is the new translator and also editor?
    i hope it's kurenai-x.

p/s: so i guess samurai 7 will be subbed by animeone only since crustol and torgan are from anbu....no offence

Originally posted by: DarthEnder
    I happen to notice that the last episode A&A released contained swears in it for the first time I can remember.

That doesn't bother me at all, I'm all for including a swear if it happens to be the more accurate translation.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
    i seem to remember a certain zaku in a certain A/A sub that told a certain chouji to go jack off in the woods [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I'm waiting to c the translation cuz crustol did all the translation and he was w anbu so we are gonna new translation on episode 97 i'm waiting to c the new translation

this is really big news. hearing that a lot of people at ANBUdom hates naruto (or something like that)
    swearing is fine with me too, if it is the original meaning of the word or a slight variation

i think itll be the same quality because aone was the encoder right?
    anbu mostly did the translations

ill keep dling animeones stuff anyways

in many many many many other anime subs they would use shit, but in ANBU Aone subs for Naruto, it was replaced with damn.
    That's a good thing, I hate the 'American' words like 'shit', 'f**k' etc.

I don't know much about what ANBU did, but I hope AnimeOne will still translate Japanese signs on the background, like the one 'the use of ninja techniques is prohibited' during the training sessions.

I also hope the new translator will place names of techniques in Japanese, so Kuchiyose no Jutsu instead of Summoning Technique. For the first time that is, so I know how to say the techniques name. And please, Please, PLEASE get rid of that Perverted Hermit stuff, Ero-Sennin is his nickname given to him by Naruto, so just call him that ^_^.

Final thing: please do not translate English to English. The translation of 'Yo!' to 'What's up?' in episode 94 (Gamakichi's sentence when he was summoned by Jiraiya) didn't make any sense at all.

Well, good luck to AnimeOne, prove again that you stand for the best of the best quality and take your time subing them (hopefully not that much time as TW does : P)

PVVictor

Yo

I agree it's sad. And I also agree that we can be thankful because Aone does not quit. If there is changes in the future episodes, I hope they will be positive (for example, they could write the japanese techniques names. They should poll the fan in order to know wich way they like best!)

PVVictor

Would just like to say a big thanks to all the ANBU team that worked on the subbing of Naruto, while I'm sad that the partnership is dissolved I think we ought to give credit to them for the hard work they put in.

And also thanks to AonE for continuing to provide me with my weekly 'fix'. Here's to a great future

s206

Originally posted by: tom6173

p/s: so i guess samurai 7 will be subbed by animeone only since crustol and torgan are from anbu....no offence
    Animeone not doing samurai 7. Its Anbu and a-keep thats doing s7. Also you make its like anbu is over which they are not.

s206

Originally posted by: SpankyDaM
    Would just like to say a big thanks to all the ANBU team that worked on the subbing of Naruto, while I'm sad that the partnership is dissolved I think we ought to give credit to them for the hard work they put in.
    Anbu didnt annouce that they were dropping Naruto. I think they will still do it for sure.

Originally posted by: s206
    Originally posted by: SpankyDaM
    Anbu didnt annouce that they were dropping Naruto. I think they will still do it for sure.

Oh my. For the Loyal Fans of AonE/Anbu subs. it is going to be a hard call whos to get if they both continue subbing.

Originally posted by: complich8
    name is ANBU, the channel name is anbudom. if I remember correctly, the "dom" is for "download only members" -- in other words it's their leech channel.
    Well doesnt the group's ANBU is short for "Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai"? so it may not have nothing to do with Naruto... although i dont know what "Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai" actually means

wonder what the new subs will be like

probably the same since the editing and qc teams are basically the same... as mentioned before most of the work was done by aone anyways

as long as 95-96 doesnt take a week to become available im cool with that. i dont really want to switch to a new sub group, i've tried others and i really havent been impressed with their translations/quality (and yes the little things always matter). lets just hope the new translator will do a fine ass job with future eps.

@Budweineken: it means "Special Assassination and Tactics Unit". ANBU is just the abbreviation. Compare it to SWAT in the US and the term is Naruto-related (don't think it existed prior to the Naruto Manga).

Complich8 is once again correct with the 'dom' suffix in 'anbudom'.

At whoever said sth about the 'yo' in 94. Not everything you know from english has to be english. Crustol is one of the best translators out there, so pay respect where it is due.

It really really pisses me off to read here things like "it was time for AonE to get rid of ANBU". Guess you are not that long into watching Naruto or fansubs in general. You haven't experienced the times when ANBU-AonE had the new Naruto releases wednesday night. They worked like morons, just for the crowds out there to watch the translation sometimes before the first raw-torrent was posted.
    It wasn't appreciated (and with the help of a little power outtake), things returned to normal. They provided you with 94 episodes of high quality fansubs, now they decided to follow different ways *in a civil manner* and the statement above is all you have to say?
    Go straight into the corner and shame yourself till the end of the world is near.

So, well, famous last words:
    Thanks ANBU for the last 94 episodes of Naruto, doing what your group is famous for [4 n00b: translation in joints] and providing us with top-notch translation. hontou ni domo arigatou gozaimashita.
    Thanks AonE for the last 94 episodes of Naruto, providing us with an (in the long term) unmatched overall fansub experience due to superior encodes, styling and special effects. anatatachi mo hontou ni domo arigatou gozaimashita.

For the future, AonE already announced they will continue, ANBU didn't explicitly deny it. I would be glad to see both of you continueing the series. And if it is only to shut the retard's mouths and make them stop saying one group got rid of another. A joint will only work if both parties think they profit from it. You had the guts to recognize this time was over and to draw the conclusion. Respect.
    --
    "If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?
    I hope to die before I have to use Microsoft Word." (Donald E. Knuth)

If ANBU continues to sub Naruto without AonE I'll stay with AonE since i like all there releases. Yepp, Crustol is the best translator. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: Eurasian
    phreakatron, why did u delete 94? were the translations bad? i dl it but i didn't watch it so i don't know...[img][/img]
    even if i didn, i wouldn't know. i don't understand japanese that well.
    If I remember correctly there was no difference defined when Jiraiya was explaining the difference in a Ninja and a Shinobi. That it just said ninja the whole time. That and I was a bit thrown off by the first ever use of a curse word. That didn't really bother me though. Just the ninja/shinobi thing.

This is a direct quote from ANBUdom.net

"We know how people love to get online, let's say on a Friday, and expect to see "Naruto episode xx released". We want people to say, "Hey, it's Friday! I need to go get Naruto now!" This is our goal."

If they keep this goal ill switch to ANBU if they dont Aone. It very interesting what Anbu had to say about Aone/Anbu go read it at www.anbudom.net