Thread: Naruto Games

Naruto Games

Ok im completly new to the whole ps2 chipping thing, Im guessing it allows you to play ntsc games on pal consoles and visa versa could somone give me more information i am very interested in buying the new naruto games but i dont know how to go about it.

This sig was made by KitKat.

Naruto Games

Well, to play the Naruto games (or any other games you plan to import), you need to mod your PS2. You can do it yourself but I highly recommend that if you have any import stores, check there. They will most likely be able to mod your PS2 and its better if they were to do it because if they happen to mess up, you have nothin to worry about because they messed up your PS2 and they'll just use a new one they have. If you want to do it yourself, theres alot of soldering involved and you have to be EXTREMELY careful because it voids the warranty so one screw up and you have to buy a brand new playstation. Once you have a modded PS2, you can begin playing any import games you want. Heres one site to get import games: www.lik-sang.com. Im gonna be getting Naruto Narutimet Hero 2 from there. Im pretty sure there are other sites to import games but I dunno what they are. Hope that answers any of your questions.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

RE: Naruto Games

Yes it does awnser my questions thanks

But now i have another is it legal to have a mod chip put in?

Nope, putting a mod chip in your PS2 is illegal. Mod Chips also allow you to play bootleg copies of games that are already out. For example, Final Fantasy X is out right? There are sure to be bootleg copies of FFX around and instead of buying it from your retailer for 20 bucks, a bootleg copy will be like 5 dollars or something. However, Im not sure if this is allowed but if you have the actual version of the game, then you can have a bootleg copy of it as a back-up. And also, if you do plan to mod your PS2, then you cant send it to Sony if your PS2 breaks. I know it sucks but thats how it is. Hope that helps ya Shuurai.

Naruto Games

Nope, putting a mod chip in your PS2 is illegal. Mod Chips also allow you to play bootleg copies of games that are already out. For example, Final Fantasy X is out right? There are sure to be bootleg copies of FFX around and instead of buying it from your retailer for 20 bucks, a bootleg copy will be like 5 dollars or something. However, Im not sure if this is allowed but if you have the actual version of the game, then you can have a bootleg copy of it as a back-up. And also, if you do plan to mod your PS2, then you cant send it to Sony if your PS2 breaks. I know it sucks but thats how it is. Hope that helps ya Shuurai.

EDIT: Arg, stupid double post. Im really sorry about that mods. And Shuurai, importing games isnt illegal. Since no company has the rights to Naruto, importing the games are fine. So modding your PS2 wont get you in trouble if you only import games.

Yeah it does thanks i was worried i wasent gonna get any replies or be flamed ¬_¬ i just gotta hope it doesnt break my first ps2 only lasted 2 years before it packed up i had this one for about a year and its starting to show the same simptoms

Also one more question roughly how much does this cost to do?

Hey, you dont haveta worry about me flaming. Im not like that. As for the cost, I had my PS2 done at Chinatown and it costed around $75-100. If you do it yourself, it'll most likely be less but like I said before, your better off with a local import store doing it. And about the PS2's problems, yeah, I know. My first PS2 was modded and then my idiot cousin messed it up because he kept pressing the disc tray button. I was lucky though because at Chinatown, they repaired my PS2 for only 90 bucks. I got lucky there and nowadays, I keep my PS2 away from my little cousins. No telling what they'll do next. lol

my first ps2 kept saying disc read error and when i took it to get repaired they said it would cost more to repair so i got another

Thanks for your help im really gonna look into this i seriously doubt that anime games like Naruto would ever get released in england, If they did the would take about 3 years

Hey man, glad I could help. If you need any other help, just post. Or, I have AIM and my screename is Dansan777 so you can IM me if ya like.

I phoned up all of my local game stores and they all said the same thing, NO! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] so looks like im gonna have to do it myself do you know a good trustworthy site where i can buy the materials needed?

Sorry Shuurai, I dont know any sites at the top of my head. Try Google maybe? Instead of getting a modchip, you could get a Fliptop for your Playstation 2. I dont know much of the details about the Fliptop but I read about it in the Naruto forums of GameFAQS. Heres the link to gamefaqs: www.gamefaqs.com. Search for Naruto: Narutimet Hero 2 (or just Naruto, it'll come up) and go to the Narutimet Hero 2 FAQS. Thats where I first heard about the Fliptop.

i had a look at the fliptop u mentioned the only doubt i have about it is changing the discs when playing import games also it reminds me of the inferior PS1, I think im going to import a NTSC-J PS2 from a site its probally the easiest option but the most expensive ¬_¬. Thanks for your help (Again)

Naruto Games

look up newpaper

normally mod shop is run on home garage. u dont expect retailers having moding service. and try looking for a mod chip called the Messiah. played everything but alittle pricy. i've mod mine for nearly 3 years and havent let me down once. and i play alot.

Naruto Games

Originally posted by: Nara Shikamaru VI
    look up newpaper

normally mod shop is run on home garage. u dont expect retailers having moding service. and try looking for a mod chip called the Messiah. played everything but alittle pricy. i've mod mine for nearly 3 years and havent let me down once. and i play alot.
    actually i heard of a store around my area that will mod ps2's. i sent my ps2 once and they wanted to know if i wanted mine modded, im like "no, just fix it." but they were outright about it, i didnt even have to ask about having it modded. then again...they do sell the faces of death series, and i heard its illegal to sell that kinda stuff @_@

also the shop i asked first put a chip in my ps1 i went to the same shop to do my ps2 and they said no and this was a legitimate game shop well sorta [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Get a slide card with swap magic.
    Look it up on the internet. Doesnt require opening up your ps2 so it doesnt void the warranty. Works great. I have Naruto and Inital D games and they are awsome

Evil_Sasuke, thanks for that info about the swap magic ^_^ I want to play imports on my PS2 but don't want to void warranty.. plus I have a swap disk for my gamecube and I like that idea better

The Swap disk method for any system is probably the best way to play imports. It wont void the warranty so even if your PS2 would break down, you can still send it to Sony for free repair. I didn't know where I can get these swap disks so I just modded my PS2 at Chinatown.