Thread: Help Needed

silverpointer

Help Needed

Hi all... i new to bittorent.. just want to know how this problem...I dl Dear boys from 1-13... but i cant view it... is it that i need to dl 100% of it then i can view it... currently it is at 43%... and ep 5 have already dl finished.. but when i go view from 1 -5 it cant be play!!! wat wrong?

Error msg: Failed to open file. Please check that it is a valid AVI or MPEG-4 file...

Can anyone help thx.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

RE: Help Needed

ok, just because the filesize looks right doesn't mean its done.

Bittorrent downloads pieces of all the files in a pack in random order. It has to for the whole process to work efficiently. Most modern clients download those pieces into linearly increasing space, meaning they'll dump chunks in file 1, then file 2, and so on and so on. Then they rearrange them as needed.

Older bittorrent clients would preallocate the entire filespace, and then dump the chunks in the "right" places there.

It is very unlikely that if you're using a client that does either you have the complete file. That error message is a dead giveaway. Just keep downloading, when the whole thing is done it'll play fine.

If you want to get single files from a batch torrent, you might consider using Azureus. It's good at doing that, you see... and managing multiple torrents too.

silverpointer

RE: Help Needed

hi there.. thx for yr ans... one more thing.. is it ok that i dl the Dear Boys from one website then the next time i resume it then it is at the other website as the first site where i dl is currently down? thx in advance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]