Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quitting smokin

quitting smokin

im trying to quit smoking right now (tobacco) 's been 3 days so far ne1 have ne suggestions?
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

RE: quitting smokin

Lock your doors, never leave your house/apartment and eat only mint.

Missing Nin

dont start in the first place? if ur stupid enough to get hooked its gunna be v hard to get unhooked, silly smokers

A good way is cold turkey. No patches, no gum. Nothing. Get some liqerish root or somthing you can chew on to replace the oral fixation of smoking a cigi. it takes a lot of help from really good freinds to quite. Also if you have freinds that smoke keep away from them for about month month and half when you break through that bearrer of the nicotine in your system finaly being purged compleatly. I wish you good luck man. It's not going to be easy and it might take several more attempts.

Thats good. Keep up the good work. Smoking's bad for you. And the best part, once you stop smoking. You can use the money for ciggerettes for your other addiction. Anime. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

plan a day to quit and cut down 2 weeks before it. first month is the worst. find the times when you have a cigarette, why you lit one up and substitute something else for it. most people eat to substitute but it can be something healthy like exercise. any time you feel the need for a smoke and can go running or to the gym it really helps. for one because it makes you feel your lungs are gonna explode out your chest and you don't really feel the need for a smoke when u feel like that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and two just because its healthy. 30% of your lung capacity increases after the first 2 weeks of quitting.

also if you sneak one don't give up.

these are all tips from someone who can't stop smoking, But i've taken drug classes in college and they all say this is the way. (i guess i should practice it some time)

if u have been smoking for a long time now.....
    u will never stop smoking ._.
    but yeah those nicotine patches work...use the gum though

all the gums and mints are useless if ya ask me... the most impt thing is ya determination and willpower... juz tell yourself ya gonna quit and DO IT!!! i've been tryin all the methods like patches and stuffs but still i'm smoking now... not strong-willed enuff i guess....
    aniwae good luck to ya man... seriously smoking is bad...

I have a friend that uses zyban and he's quit for 5 months now. He says he tried a cigarette a week after he was on it and it didn't do anything for him.

the gum didn't work for him. I've never tried it, I like the cold turkey route.

Addictions can ALWAYS be overcome by other addictions... we got like anime? video games? alcohol....

I quit smoking in like a week(after 3 years[started 11]). but it was mad crazy.... I literally had to go and strain myself to a stray jacket and lock myself up. and unlock only to eat and personal businesses. IT WAS CRAZYYY.

but ofcorse i did it and i fell gooooooood

washuu-chan alcohol isnt that good of a suggestion..... my advice would be to just quit cold turkey. thats what my mother did.... dont know any other people that has stopped smoking... and form what i heard those nicotine patches and gum is more expensive than the cigarettes so if you arent really scared for dying from cigarettes dont use them try to quit without it instead.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

quitting smokin

go Cal_Kashi go!!! you can do it

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

quitting smokin

Originally posted by: Deblas
    go Cal_Kashi go!!! you can do it
    nah, i bet you he's lighting one up right now.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar

Originally posted by: Washuu-chan
    Addictions can ALWAYS be overcome by other addictions... we got like anime? video games? alcohol....
    ALCOHOL AS AN ADDICTION?!?!?!?!?! i agree w/ Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya that that's not a good.

I tried my best...

As others have suggested, quit cold turkey. I plan to do that "some day".
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Originally posted by: Eurasian
    Originally posted by: Washuu-chan
    ALCOHOL AS AN ADDICTION?!?!?!?!?! i agree w/ Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya that that's not a good.
    in my opinion alcoholism is much much wrose than smoking. alcohol is good in right amounts but not to much. just a litre of vodka or so a day is fine.

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar

vodka...that's kinda strong to drink every day. i think wine is a better choice. plus, it's good for ur heart!!

I tried my best...

no... RED wine is good for you... white wine is not as good. but not drinking any wine is bestest.

jus kidding with the vodka there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] yea red wine is good for your heart but thats not the alcohol its other things so if you want to be healthy drink alochol free wine.