Thread: how to

how to

ok ive been downloading naruto and i have all the episodes and special episode then im running out of disk space. .. . . can someone tell me how to burn this videos in a normal blank cd nota dvd cd because i dont have a dvd burner yet. . . .

RE: how to

Do you plan on watching on your DVD player or just on your computer

I think you can burn them with your cd burner program (like Nero 6) by selecting either as a Data or as a Video cd... as video you can play them at you dvd player, but in my case I always burn them as data because they are more likely to fit well and is a little more faster and reliable.... Specially when your archives are in another format than mpg or avi.... Well, I hope I've been of some help..

if u plan on only watching them on ur computer then just burn it as a data disk using nero, if u plan on wathching them as a vcd or svcd, use nero too but it will take some time to encode the video me i just burn them as data and watch it on my comps

well you guys have been great thanks for the help!!!

how to

hey guys am gonna throw in another question have any of u guys who watch anime on ur comp used a to rca to tv cables or w/e the one were u connect one to ur s-video and other to ur t.v. if so are they worth it?

sorry for double post *sigh

hey guys am gonna throw in another question have any of u guys who watch anime on ur comp used a to rca to tv cables or w/e the one were u connect one to ur s-video and other to ur t.v. and then anything thats on ur monitor well be shown on ur t.v.

are they worth it?

Originally posted by: hiddenpookie
    hey guys am gonna throw in another question have any of u guys who watch anime on ur comp used a to rca to tv cables or w/e the one were u connect one to ur s-video and other to ur t.v. and then anything thats on ur monitor well be shown on ur t.v.

are they worth it?
    I have S video out on my video card , yet I decided to go for RCA on my TV. So really its all just an S video cable connecting into my computer, then the wire 's other side is an RCA connection(the wire is called S video to RCA), which you would plug into the yellow part of the RCA. I bought the audio RCA wires (red and white) and a connector that is like a y spitter but the two pieces of RCA cable go into it and it conencts into my speaker. Thus I have sound thru my TV. Bleh I should have just used S video into my tv it would has been easier, but my old tv didnt have it.

ANyways...ya its worth it...I love watching anime on my TV.

"Chrono is our Religion. In the name of the Chrono, the Zeal, the Trigger and Cross, Amen."

unless the anime is full screen on ur comp it looks wierd on the comp right?

Originally posted by: hiddenpookie
    unless the anime is full screen on ur comp it looks wierd on the comp right?
    I dont know what your trying to say man...

I'll try to answer it tho..

The picture looks better full screen on the TV then on the compy, cuz there are large pixels on the tv.

"Chrono is our Religion. In the name of the Chrono, the Zeal, the Trigger and Cross, Amen."

alright thanks...help me i cant find the right one..were did u get yours?

how to

Well..

The Next Part is if you dont know where/if you do have a card in your system... If you do know, then dont worry about this part.

You need a Video Card with S video out. - So any computer store, unless you have it so check the back of your CPU for that outlit. It would look black and sorta like a mouse or keyboard input but different. PLus your compy tells you where your mouse and keyboard are so you cant get them misunderstood. The s Video would be in a complete different area where the mouse and keyboard would be.

To check if you have on for sure...

On your desktop -> Properties (Display Properties) -> Settings Tab -> Advanced -> Displays ( if there is a choice for TV in here then you got an S video out, thus dont have to buy the new video Card.)

When you get this, you will have to learn how to use it, but I will tell you at an other time. Just ask when you want me to explain how to set the TV to play.

Now...

Depending on what you want your connection to be is dependant on what your TV/VCR has.

S video (Compy) to S video (TV)

or

S video (compy) to RCA (TV), You need, RED and WHITE audio cords, and a Y spitter with a connector that runs the feed of the red and white cords into the speakers of your compy (thus the head of the y spitter must be the ones found on like headphones etc (I cannot remember the name of it)

btw. All of this just cords, so its not some device.

Anyways, not to bore you even more. You can get it anywhere that sells TV/audio stuff. I bought the cords at Radio Shack here in Canada, but you could find it anywhere.

Again..if you have any issues just ask...

how to

s-video will give you higher quality......but the difference isnt really noticeable for anime.....since the anime was formatted to play on tvs to begin with
    (although stuff like AA's old sub font was NOT)......

you dont NEED a video card with tv-out.....although it IS recommended. Mine has 1 VGA out, 1 DVI out, and 1 S-video/RCA out
    so i dont need to mess with any conversion between svideo and rca. Before i got that though, i only had S-Video out, and the tv only had RCA in, so i bought an adapter (which at radio shack costed $20 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] )

the alternative is to buy a device that plugs into the VGA port on your video card (in case you dont know vga is the port for monitors)....and the device will split the signal into vga and rca and maybe even s-video
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

how to

Heh..

I forgot to mention that are there other ways to do it like Assertn said. O.o Actually there are many ways to do alot of tasks, ya just have to pick the one you like most. Since I have the S video and TV out Iam more familar with it.

I only have one TV with S video, so the majority of the TVs I have has the three prong RCA.

how to

ok thanks guys...well after using my flashlight i found out i do have an s-video! woot! its an
    asylum fx5200 256mb
    well anyway i want the cords were one side is connected to s-video and the other side is connected to the red white and yellow ports in my t.v. but i also want sound with it...aww crap am lost lol

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

how to

let's go over some basics.

The "Red White and yellow ports" are the "composite video" and the "Stereo audio" connectors on your TV. The yellow one is Composite video. The red and white ones are just stereo audio (each one of them will do one side of the sound, so if you've only got one plugged on you'll only hear one side). Don't confuse composite with component (which is 3 connectors that all carry parts of the video signal).

In order of video quality, pure component video is the best (but also the most expensive). Pure S-video is second-best. Pure composite is third. Going S-video to composite will probably get you in somewhere slightly behind where you'd be if your video card did straight composite output, but there's not much you can do about that.

As Haku said, you'll need an adapter. Go to radio shack, tell them you need an s-video to composite adapter (or just s-video to RCA they'll understand too). If it's not long enough to reach your tv you'll need a composite (NOT COMPONENT) video cable too. That ONLY handles video, and you'll need to get the audio from your soundcard with a separate cable. That'll end up plugging into the yellow connector on your tv, leaving the red and white ones free for a separate audio signal to come in.

For the audio, you want a "headphone jack" or "mini-headphone jack" to RCA Y-adapter. It'll take your stereo output from the headphone-sized jacks on the back of your sound card (same place as you plug your speakers into) and split it to the sound inputs on your TV. Again, radio shack is your first, best line of defense.

If your sound card only has one sound output and you want to use multiple things (ie: the TV and/or an output to your speakers or your stereo or whatever), you may need to get a splitter for that, too. Look at what you have, make sure you know what stuff does on the back of your computer, write it down or draw it, or both, or take a picture, whatever. If you're not sure, ask the people at the store you're buying it from. Explain what you want to do and what you've got. Maybe have them draw you a diagram for how you're going to want stuff set up. Be aware of what they try to sell you though.... some people at electronics shops try to sell you hundreds of dollars of stuff with extra features that you don't want or need, when all you need is 3 cables. In this case, all you need is 3 cables. Maybe 4 or 5 and maybe a $15 audio splitter.