Thread: Losing Internet Connection...

Losing Internet Connection...

My internet is really fucked up....it's had a lot of problems in the past...but we finally got it working ok...the only problem now is that whenever i run ABC bittorent program (with or without ZA running) my internet connection goes down and I have to reset my computer and the main computer from which I am routing from....is this a problem of the program I use....or the way I have my internet set up....or what.....

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

RE: Losing Internet Connection...

Well that sounds like a problem to do with the ABC bittorrent client. I suggest just downloading a different bittorrent software, of maybe even try reinstalling the current one.

...Ok I tried re-installing my current version of ABC...and I also upgraded it to the newest release....for awhile it seemed like it was going ok....but then it did the same thing.....so what would you reccomend as the next best Bittorent client?....

I suggest trying something a little diifferent: http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
    And you can just google around for more.

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted....been busy...anyways...I downloaded Azurnues (sp?) and for awhile it worked ok...aBC appeared to be faster...but all in all still good...then it did the same thing....lost my internet connection...made my computer freeze up...had to restart...just like with ABC...im guiessing thats too much of a coincidence to be the program....so what should i do now?

SpencWoop95

hmm its ur computer

I know it cant be my computer...at least I dont think so....cause everything runs fine when im not using a Bittorrent program....i can download from other things just fine.....but then i start up BT and everything just fucks up....i dont know how to explain it...but it'll be like...after about 5 mins....the speed will start dropping and then it will get to 0kb/s and stay that way for awhile........and while it's at 0kb/s it wont let me on AIM or Internet Explorer or check my email or do anything associated with using the internet....however the little computers at the bottom of the screen still say Im connected excellent and the speed is 54.0 Mbps......so i dont know what it is.......and it doesnt affect the other computer...the main one.....most of the time....

kDB

first off, you said you are using another computer as a router? i guess your using internet connection sharing in windows? if so you might wanna buy a hardware router, around $45 for a good one, sometimes $25 on clearence.

try the following if you can.
    1. find out your fastest upload speed, and set bit torrent to limit upload to around %80-%90 of max.
    if that doesn't work
    2. install a bt client on the main computer and see if the problem exists there, again limit upload on this computer.

most likely, if your using internet connection sharing, that's the problem.

I'm using a computer as a router with no problem (Although I am running Windows Server 2003...)

What OSes do you have on your computer and the "routing" computer. Are they patched completely and Virus protected?
    Are you using Internet Connection Sharing or not?

It could be that your computer has other problems that we don't know about and the loss of connection is just a symptom of other things (i.e. Viruses and whatnot)

I have XP on both computers.......and I have an updateon this problem....it only does it when I download torrents......I just got done downloading Naruto 94...and had to reset my internet twice....but I left it up all night to seed...and it didnt lose connection once.......and I had started letting it seed at around 6 pm.....so I dont know what it could be....and no I dont have any viruses or anything.....and Im using a wireless connection and the main computer is what Im routing from....so I guees that means Im using shared Internet Connection........

as for trying Bit Torrent on the main computer....I'll try that when I have to download Naruto 95....which should be soon I hope....and also....I dont know how to find out my max upload speed...but like I said...it's only a problem when I download...so I dont think I need to worry about that...