Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aikido

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

RE: Aikido

Originally posted by: Nara Shikamaru VI
    am i the only one here that thinks learning martial art is purely for self disciplinary puposes and not for street ass whoopin purposes??

thats why i learn kendo. u dont carry yer shinai everywhere u go so chances of trying to use what u learn in real life combat is close to nil. therefor when provoke in real life u just cooly avoid the conflict or RUN LIKE HELL. [img][/img]
    Nah. Sure martial arts can help with self discipline, for me, it's mostly just so I can learn to beat the crap out of other martial artists. Not as a means of self defense, but just for the fun of it. It's a competitive thing. Actually, it's a good deal more than that, since my love for martial arts is tied only by my love for music. I'm not sure how to explain it. Anyway, martials arts can help "street ass whoopin purposes", but you really shouldn't, unless the option of not fighting is worse than fighting (like "alright, please get into this van...don't worry...you'll be fine...") or, you're an idiot. Always avoid a fight, because fighting is dangerous.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
    Always avoid a fight, because fighting is dangerous.
    LOL, THANKS MISTER!
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Okay I've been to aikido for a while now and god I love it, I'll have to agree with Barles here... my love for martial arts is tied only by music (or metal to be exact). The feeling you get when bowing to the great "creator" of the style and just going on the mat and working your ass off is indescribable. God I love it.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

Glad you like it man. I'm going to switch over to kung fu september. Some friends of mine should be taking it with me, and I'm expecting them to be really dedicated, so I'll have a couple of training partners to work with and help each other improve, unlike before.

At mut@t@: lol. So now you know. And KNOWING is half the battle (GI Jooooooooooooe!)
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Good to hear that your having fun. Just wait till you get three four years in and you've become proficent and can do several of the intermideate moves without thinking, the feeling is like nothing else. I think you will have a long but fruitful travel down the path of Aikido.

Indeed, and while doing all those moves by heart I'll be wearing a badass hakama simultaneously.

CAN'T WAIT [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Aikido

Thats tight you can't wear hakama untill shodan(1st degree black belt). They're very comfertable and do add the whole bad ass effect to the uniform.

Actually where I go you get to wear hakama at 3 kyu... but black belt is not until 1 dan

Im gonna start training Kickboxing for the purpose of keeping my body in a good shape and after that im gonna start learning thai boxning cause i like how they use thier elbows and knees.
    Akido,i have seen it discovary channel,its pretty cool.

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
    Im gonna start training Kickboxing for the purpose of keeping my body in a good shape and after that im gonna start learning thai boxning cause i like how they use thier elbows and knees.
    why don't you go straight to muay thai, it's going to be a real pain in the ass if you go from kick boxing to muay thai. There's a different stance, and a different way to set your feet when you kick. My brother did exactly what you did, and it took him a while to adjust. I went straight to muay thai so it wasn't a problem for me. One piece of advice though, don't push yourself too hard when you're just starting, as your body might not be ready for it yet. When I started, it was a friday and I went all out. I couldn't move for the whole weekend after training.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Actually where I go you get to wear hakama at 3 kyu... but black belt is not until 1 dan
    Thats rarther interting to hear thought. Well you will get to wear your bad ass Haks a lot sooner than later.

I did go on Karate and a little Taekwondo. Maybe I'll start on Taekwondo or something else. Akido seems cool.

[quote]
    Originally posted by: oceen246
    Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
    Im gonna start <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=training&v=56">training</a> Kickboxing for the purpose of keeping my body in a good shape and after that im gonna start <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=learning&v=56">learning</a> thai boxning cause i like how they use thier elbows and knees.
    why don't you go straight to muay thai, it's going to be a real pain in the ass if you go from kick boxing to muay thai. There's a different stance, and a different way to set your feet when you kick. My brother did exactly what you did, and it took him a while to adjust. I went straight to muay thai so it wasn't a problem for me. One piece of advice though, don't push yourself too hard when you're just starting, as your body might not be ready for it yet. When I started, it was a friday and I went all out. I couldn't move for the whole weekend after &lt;a href="</blockquote>">http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=training&amp;v=56"&gt;training&lt;/a&gt;.[/q

Thanks for the advice and i said i want to keep my body in a good shape not hurt myself.

Aikido

Hello, I am a practicer of Aikido, and I have been doing it for about 4 months. I can tell you it is vert interesting and useful but you must be patient when it comes to learning it.
    The ranking system is determined by the Aikido federation, and at 3rd Kyu a hakama is worn. Ranks are based on an amount of practice days as well as certain techniques you know.
    The only thing you really need to know at first is how to roll properly, front rolls are very important for techniques that involve throwing.
    Aikido is purely defensive, weapons training is mean to enlighten you on the mvoes in Aikido since Aikido is derived from weapon movements. All attacks taught are there for the purpose of showing you how to counter that attack.