Quote Originally Posted by Hakeem_21
Anyway I recommend Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas if you haven't read it.
I concur. Watching a movie version of it is not enough, too much is left out. The book is great.

Also, anything by Bernard Cornwell is amazing. He is an historical fiction writer, who basically takes a point in history (a period, war, or specific battle), creates a character, and tells the story through that character's point of view.

His books about medieval Europe are fantastic. He has a three-book series about King Arthur (beginning with The Winter King), a 3-book series called The Grail Quest (beginning with The Archer's Tale), which takes place during the early Hundred Years War, a currently 4-book series The Saxon Tales, with a fifth book in the works, about the danish invasion of england during the reign of Alfred the Great (beginning with The Last Kingdom). And a novel called Agincourt, a new release, which is about the epic battle of Agincourt during the Hundred Years War. Plus many, many other novels and series', including the widely popular Sharpe series (some may have seen the TV show based on it) and the Nathaniel Starbuck Chronicles.

My favorite of his books is easily the Saxon Tales novels and I'm dying for the 5th book to come out. I also absolutely loved the Grail Quest series.

If you're looking for a great story full of adventure and action, and maybe even a little historical accuracy as a bonus, you can't go wrong with Cornwell's books.

http://www.bernardcornwell.net/