Thread: Book: What Book Are You Reading?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior
    I'm going to start reading Dexter in the Dark by..Jeff Lindsay(I think) ^^;; And I'm going to finish reading J.D Salinger's Nine Stories.

Nine Stories has been really great so far. My favourite stories so far are A Perfect day for banana fish and Teddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    And I'm going to finish reading J.D Salinger's Nine Stories.
    J.D. Salinger wrote something other than the Catcher in the Rye? i thought that was the only book he had written.

Bud, let me know what you think of the sword of truth series. i've heard it's like an adult version of harry potter, so i'm curious about how it is.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by saman
    J.D. Salinger wrote something other than the Catcher in the Rye? i thought that was the only book he had written.
    Yes. D: Check him on wikipedia. he has some interesting work.

I thought he'd be more famous because of Ghost in the shell. o.o Laughing Man and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Quote Originally Posted by saman

Bud, let me know what you think of the sword of truth series. i've heard it's like an adult version of harry potter, so i'm curious about how it is.
    I don't know of it being an adult version of Harry Potter, but it's quite good so far... 260 pages into Wizard's First Rule. There's magic, violence, and all those goodies... but aside from that I don't see the resemblance to Harry Potter at this moment. If anything so far, it seems more like a Lord of the Rings type of thing, probably more adult oriented in itself than LoTR. Regardless, it's quite good so far.
    Well, after reading some more and as I haven't read many novels, the closest thing I can compare it to from what I know is to Berserk. Lots of magic, journey's, brutal, violent, everyone's horny, beast, demons, etc., disgusting acts against humanity, ruthless rapes, etc.

Great story in my opinion, but no one is safe... and not only are they not safe, but everyone could face some really harsh torments and a gruesome, disgusting, brutal death.

Good shit, I highly recommend it. Give it a go... there's a healthy amount of romance too, if you like those types of elements.