So a friend convinced me to participate in a colloquy on modern not-very-known English literature.

I accepted and now I regret it a lot. Sure, I look cool speaking in front of people, but it's too much work....

So now I'm re-reading Small Gods, Hogfather, and probably one more of the Discworld series. I'm sure Terry Pratchett doesn't qualify as unkwnown in the USA or England, but in Mexico I'm probably one of the few who has read (almost) everything the guy has...

Discworl is a great series, at least for me. It's the kind of book you can laugh out loud while reading, and (from my point of view) it offers, sometimes, a very harsh social critic - one you can always ignore, but that I like to think about.

My theme in the colloquy is "Life and Death of Gods and Church in Terry Pratchett's Discworld." Bibliography will be those two books along with The Art of Discworld and The Gay Science by Nietzsche, since that's like the book to read about the death of God and all...

Book I'm reading for personal liking: Gallahad by John Erskine. Liking it, but Arthuric novels aren't the same without fantastic elements.

Books the school is making me read: Great Expectations, which sorely needs a musical, The Beautiful Unknown, yay for the 12th century, and assorted stories by Raymond Carver - those I highly recommend.