Thread: Favorite 80s group

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

RE: Favorite 80s group

Originally posted by: kupalmaru
    Metallica
    Gun's n Roses
    Nirvana(late 80's to early 90's)
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers

I just started listeing to this group maybe 3 years ago.

I do agree that Madonna is good during her early years.
    Well, Nirvana came out in the 80s but had nearly 0 impact until the 90s. But I guess if that counts, I'll add Soundgarden to my list as well. They formed in 1985 and had a couple of demos out before 1990.

"You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Originally posted by: JusDaMan
    Michael jackson songs (he actucally looked human then)
    Jesus yeah I forgot about Jacko, Bad, Thriller, Smooth Criminal etc, I used to love his music and his videos were cool as well (but not his movies...though like the idiot child that I was I still watched them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img])...

Its so weird to look back on what he was back then, he just seemed the coolest guy on Earth back in the 80s now when you look at him he looks like a melted Madam Tussords (sp?) waxwork model of himself...

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

Yeah...mikey...can't even call him a shadow of his former self. Still got the moves though, even if he looks like he's gonna fall apart doing them. His downward spiral over the years is one of the entertainment business' worst tragedies.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

I would consider all child hood actors a business tragedy... Look at micholy colgan(the guy from home alone 1 and 2). He was a good actor and all. but hes all washed up now.. got busted for Marajuwanna possession. and stuff like that

what about Yes. what year were they? im not sure, but i like their sound.

My favorite 80's group... Actually I prefer to call single songs as favorite since there were so many one hit wonders... but here are some of my favorite groups or singles...

The Police - basically every song is great

Aha - Take On Me and Sun Always Shines on TV are my favorites of the whole 80's

Tear For Fears

Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning

Icehouse - Electric Blue

Eddie Grant - Electric Avenue

Mr. Mister

Billy Joel

Michael Jackson

Bangles

Robert Palmer

Scorpion

Motley Crew

Eurythmics

Was, Was Not - Walk the Dinasour

Petshop Boys

Duran Duran

Rod Stewart

INXS

Def Leppard

Queen

Dire Straits - Money For Nothing

Wang Chung

Billy Idol

Roxette

Boston

Ahh what the heck... I have to stop, I cant stop mentioning... name a 80s group and they are my favorites... I could mention them all... heck I even liked Eddie Murphy's Party All the Time

although they aren't exactly 80's bands, their biggest projects came out during that decade. nine inch nails and david bowie.

Damn I forgot to add

Motley Crue and Poison!!

Also Metallica from the 80s was the $hit!!!!

Also someone mentioned Rod Stewart. Do yourself a favor
    and get his early stuff when he was with the group the Faces! 70s era.
    Very good stuff!!