Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: some tech questions

some tech questions

animefunkmaster, I have done the same thing with nero 6 and had the same problem,except when I played the SVCD on my computer I was able to read the subtitles just fine. You see(unless you have a flatscreen television), your television does not acualy display all the data it receives. If you rencode the video to a scale slightly larger scale(say 704x528 instead of 640x480,which is 1.1x larger) and fill the extra data with null data(I'm not sure how to do that) you should be able to read the subtitles when nero rencodes the video to 640x480 because the null data will be not displayed on the screen.

some tech questions

Speaking of which, anyone know if there is a program that can convert the avi files to mpeg? Mpeg seems a lot easier to edit before burning onto cds and I can also add things easier.

And if there is one, anyone know how to do it? Unless it's really simple, then I won't need an explanation.

BTW, it HAS to run in windows 98 because I don't have win 2k or xp so I can't use that tmpgenc xpress thing.

Also, I mainly want it to be in the same 640x480 resolution as it normally was, not the svcd quality right away.

some tech questions

hey people, all your help is really great. (^_^) hey but i still have a problem with the audio track, i am currently using adobe premier to encode the video, however i ccan only get static for audio. I have tried the ac3 codec (although i am not sure if i used it right) i still am unable to get any audio... I have also tried the tempg enc but that hasn't worked either...

also when i had windows 98 i used virtual dub to encode vids and an older version of tempgenc.

-animefunkmaster