Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: translated 222 manga discussion

RE: translated 222 manga discussion

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
    man, itachi is so cool and badass. it must suck to have a different character as a favorite.
    HAHAHAHA really funny post

This chapter seriously calls for a sig change. *Points down*

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    the newest chapter had sooo little plot development....at least much less than my expectations had for it anyway

one thing that confused me though.......was that the 3 guys came regarding a meeting that itachi skipped, right? Well, if itachi is anbu, then one would assume the meeting he skipped was one for anbus......
    however near the end of that chapter, doesnt the leader of them (or maybe itachi's dad, couldnt tell)...say they would be out of their jurisdiction to arrest him since they were police corps and he was anbu?

therefore, why would THEY be involved with anbu affairs like meeting attendance if they are police corps, rather than anbu?

I think the meeting was a clans meeting not a anbu meeting since only Itachi is in Anbu not the three dudes.

I read inane version and i guess he didnt go to clan meeting since he thinks Uchiha is a wortless clan.

The police leader was Itachis dad.

wow itachi really is a badass. i love these kind of characters. calm and collected most of the time but when they snap they get crazy. cool to see him call the uchiha clan worthless cause it is indeed worthless.

I hope they give us a real reason why Itachi is "testing the limits of his powers"

Him just going power lust crazy just doesn't seem to make sense with the way he's being portrayed earlier. I bet its some ANBU mission he did or someone he killed.

Originally posted by: Ryllharu
    I hope they give us a real reason why Itachi is "testing the limits of his powers"

Him just going power lust crazy just doesn't seem to make sense with the way he's being portrayed earlier. I bet its some ANBU mission he did or someone he killed.
    i don't think so because itachi says this: hehe...it''s not always a good thing to be talented, if you have power, you will become isolated and arrogant.

it''s obvious he got powerful really really powerful and everyone praised him for his talent so he got power crazy and wanted to see how far he could push him self where his limit would be

but killing ya own family even if they're weak is not acceptable... even by society today...

Originally posted by: hinatacretu
    but killing ya own family even if they're weak is not acceptable... even by society today...
    so your point is? itachi killed his family and that''s that what does todays society have to do with the naruto universe? nothing, to itachi his parents and everyone else were just a measuring stick he probably felt regret after killing them all and kept sasuke alive to see if sasuke could surpass him and take revenge for the clan, the fact that itachi didn''t let himself be killed or captured by konoha is proof that he's a insane murderer

sorry, no way Itachi killed his clan just to test himself, he's too much of a calculated guy to do so...
    my guess is that he's trainning Sasuke to fight him, and that's why he killed the clan and keeps getting on Sasuke's nervs all the time, he awaits for the time that another sharingan user will come to oppose him...

besides, it makes sense, seeing how everybodye else is crazy after Sasuke... Heck, he even has the largest flashback so far (if 223 will be another flashback, it makes 4 chapters in a row. Gaara only had 3 chapters, and most others had 2 or less).

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

That place over there........ahh never mind

But this is taking so long though, we all thought we'd finally have a good fight in this arc but now we have to sit back and wait for this flashback to be over, its like they completely forgot about the fight and decided to do something else, If kishimoto is just wasting time to think of how hes going to do the fight then it better be by far the best one weve ever seen in this show, or this entire arc will just go to waste completely. IMO

R.I.P Captain America.

see i am happy we are having a nice relaxing flashback.. one i am not a big sasuke fan but i do like itachi and everyone was screaming for itachi info before. . so now they SHOULD be happy.

we have had a huge fight arc for a damn long time, i am happy for the rest. seeing the other genin's fight for months was draining to me. 3 weeks for each battle if not four. . ugh.

yeah looking forward to seeing naruto vs sasuke conclusion but will wait. we cant have a constant rush, the fight scenes are only good cause they are spaced out by info chapters.

judging from what he said i guess he killed the clan to see if you are stronger as a group or as an individual. but all of the uchihas seem to be quite weird.

That place over there........ahh never mind

They all seem really paranoid for some reason, like they know how strong Itachi really is but they dont really want to say anything out loud

R.I.P Captain America.

all uchiha's are garbage except itachi, he just a badass.

i think he definatly killed the other uchiha. who was the 'best' among them before. as he said before, a ninja who polices other ninja's is an even greater ninja. the reason he killed the clan was to see if there were any ninja's who could police him, even grouped together they lost against him.

he definatly is the best uchiha at the time, but there are several hints that sasuke (whether you hate him or not) has more potential. not sure how orochi and others came upon this but i think itachi also believes so. he killed the clan for his own twisted test, but he saved sasuke because he still wants to push his brother and make him grow.

I really like this mini story arc. Itachi has been a mediocre typical super-bad-guy up to this point, and this has done nothing but flesh him out, in a way that I really like.

What strikes me about the arc is that we've been shown tons and tons of negative things about the Uchiha clan, most of them simple things people have said which ... well... don't make you feel all warm and tingly about the Uchiha family life. The relationship between Itachi and Sasuke has, from the beginning, been very warm. It really makes me wonder if the only reason Sasuke is alive is because he defied all that it meant to be Uchiha by the simple act of being a loving younger brother.

The whole arc seems to mitigate what from the beginning of the manga seemed/seems like a horrific act (uhh, killing your entire bloodline is a bad thing, right?) by saying succinctly that this family sucks.

This is good stuff.

-xtortout

i dont think this minarc has justified killing the clan. actually i think it only strengthens the idea that itachi killed them to test himself. Before we thought there might be some other 'factor' that we didnt know about that caused his actions but it seems to me that his behavior is as portrayed, he is a ninja who wiped out his family to see if any could best him.

even though the uchiha family is strict and the dad is an ass that doesnt mean its ok to kill them! true the parents have extremely high expectations of their children but the mom seemed to be compassionate and itachi seems like an ok older brother overall. its not like he picks on sasuke or beats him up, he seems to have an honest love for his little bro.

in chapter 221, when sasuke and itachi are sitting beside each other and itachi says his speal, did you notice sasuke's report card? I thought that sasuke showed his brother, who then in response said how hard it was to be elite and how it can change a person. Itachi HAS gone beyond the abilities of the clan and sees himself as more then just an elite uchiha, he is an elite ninja that should nto be tied down by the simplistic notions of the clan. If he doesnt want to be what his parents expect him to be then by God he shouldnt have to be, although killing them all wasnt really the right choice

the actions of a villian dont have to be justified
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

If you seriously think this flashback is unnecessary and not justified, you are nothing but an idiot.
    And I'm not even going to bother stating why as it should be completely clear.
    Sasuke is a main character. Itachi is his brother. Itachi is cool. He killed his damn family. I for one would like to know exactly why. This isn't FORGETTING about the fight, this is making it even more dramatic once it starts. It's called story telling.

lol terra you just explained why [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] and btw who said this flashback was unnecessary?