Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somthing that has been bothering me about Gaara

Somthing that has been bothering me about Gaara

From what i know about Gaara is that he has some evil spirit sealed in him and if he falls asleep it takes over and kills anything around so he has to stay awake ALL the time to control it, my question is: Why isn't Gaara dead?, he cant sleep and from what i've heard you can die from sleep deprevation, you live for about a month then your brain cant function and you die, I thought about it and surely someone would've noticed a party loving sand incarnate going around the sand villige Killing everyone if Gaara took a nap every month to survive.
    ( i'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before )

it's an anime, gaara can live without sleep.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

RE: Somthing that has been bothering me about Gaara

He does get minimal amounts of sleep. He just can't sustain it, because Shukaku kind of makes him crazy.

you're comparing real to anime which doesn't work.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

I had a talk with a friend of mine who read up on sleep. Apparently, you can't die directly from sleep deprivation, because your mind will automatically make you take "microsleeps" where you'll fall asleep for a few minutes whether you wanted to or not. Just enough to keep you alive.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

actually you CAN die form lack of sleep, and your mind doesnt make you take microsleeps as you called it. there have been cases in the vietnam war most notably where guards on duty had slipped into coma like sleeping states. and this isn tlike falling asleep this is the real deal, as in you just collapse.

This is silly. Its ANIME. if your all going to post about it anyways ill ask a question.
    Why cant i gather Chakra to my hand?
    Why cant people summon huge ass frogs for the hell of it?
    Why cant i get punched and hit the ground at about 30 mph and get up?

Originally posted by: woofcat
    This is silly. Its ANIME. if your all going to post about it anyways ill ask a question.
    Exactly, he isn't dead because our artist Kishimoto-sensei doesn't want him dead. He wants to make him sound badass.

i agree with the other guys.......real life and anime don't mix, you can't compare

And after the spirits ass was wooped i do belive it is staying more in line.

Dude, anime and reality don't mix. How come i can't run as fast and long as them, even though i run every day. Its like that. Anime can make anything happen, like sharigan. No one can predict what their enemy is going to do.

I get about 5 hours of a sleep a night, but by the end of the week I sleep like a bear.
    It all catches up to you.
    And yes this is anime and for all we know maybe Shukaku keeps garaa alive when he's not meant to be.

It's fiction, and there's no point in applying real life consequences to someone with the spirit of a sand priest named Shukaku in them.

*sigh* Fine, i'm sorry for starting this topic. i should've known better than to ask a stupid question like that, i just like pointing out flaws in shows, i do it for the simpsons and futurama all the time.

another problem, quit burning the kid for asking a decent question. Why dont ya just answer it for him... yes it is an anime but the whole factor of it being something of greatness is having a world with rules, laws, and limits but hardcore characters bending or even breaking those limits. Its why we watch anime... if it wasnt realistic it would be pathetic....

Originally posted by: Arcane1
    another problem, quit burning the kid for asking a decent question. Why dont ya just answer it for him... yes it is an anime but the whole factor of it being something of greatness is having a world with rules, laws, and limits but hardcore characters bending or even breaking those limits. Its why we watch anime... if it wasnt realistic it would be pathetic....
    Actually Ninja vanishing into thin air isn't realistic, but that's why i love it.

Nobody burned anybody, stop acting like a hero and defending for him no reason. The answer was already given. He survives with almost no sleep because it's just an anime and there are fictional elements to it.

what is up with people being overly sensitive these days.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

well maybe we can???
    [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

If gaara has a mile high racoon monster living inside of him that doesn't interfere with his digestive tract or his skeletal system, and if gaara can control sand and turn it into a third eye with only his chakra, then he can freaking stay awake without sleep. god damnnnn