Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hikaru no Go

I was mighty surprised (happily) when i just passed through animesuki and found the new Hikaru No Go... I downloaded it, and have been watching it (because of this i will be very tired when i get tp school in the morning, which i can endure).

But let's not talk about that, what i want to know is if there is going to be more Hikaru or if it was just this one special. To me, this "special" seemed more like two eps picking up where the series ended (although acording to me with messed up animation). It also seemed as though this series could be picked up from that Special which i of course hope for... But since i know nothing about it, i thought i'd ask around

It's an anime based on the "Go" world (Go is a strategy game played on a wooden board, kinda like chess). It starts with a boy whom encounters a ghost from the past that's supposedly a great Go player and introduces him to the game. Thus we watch him grow into a talented player.
    Beside the ghost, this anime has a really realistic theme. There's no fighting whatsoever, but it has a lot of suspense to make up for it; more drama based in other words.
    What's cool is you watch the main character grow older and mature as the series goes on, and he never wears the same clothes over and over like most animes.
    I've watched the anime, but prefer the manga. It's got much better artwork and humor.
    I recommend either, it's a good watch.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uzumaki Naruto @ Jan 27 2004, 01:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> can someone explaine to me wut hikaru no go is abuot bc ive seen some good ratings for it but have no clue on wuts it about,. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    They say you either love it or hate it... Hikaru No Go is as about a boy named Hikaru who one days is visited by a strange ghost. This ghosts name is &quot;Sai&quot;, and all Sai wants to do is play &quot;Go&quot; to master the &quot;Kami no itte&quot; = Divine Move/God&#39;s move. However, Hikaru himself at first doesn&#39;t even like the game but decides to let Sai play a little bit now and then.

He lets Sai play against a boy named Akira, one who is able to become a pro because he is the son of Touya Meijin who is the best player in Japan. Sai wins and Akira feels a bit depressed (obsesivly after a while wanting nothing else but to win against Sai, although he doesn&#39;t know that it is Sai that is playing and not Hikaru). Hikaru becomes intrested in the game Go and decides that he want to learn how to play so the he one day can surpass Akira with his own strenght, not using Sai.

so do any of u know any sites where i can dled a few eps and check it out, who knows maybe i might like it.

Here&#39;s an ftp, it&#39;s got eps 1-75.
    hikago

Or just use www.animwsuki.com as a source

Still, i didn&#39;t get any answers Only speculations. Is there anyone who would know about these sort of things? Could one mail the studio making Hikaru No Go or anyting like that?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (.akai @ Jan 27 2004, 12:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> What I think is... you probably wouldn&#39;t like the anime if you&#39;re going to just watch the first few episodes... It is a bit slow at the beginning but it gets better and BETTER as it progresses.

Anyway, you can find HnG <u>Bittorrent Downloads</u> here. Enjoy&#33;
    http://www.animetorrents.com

I love hng and I really hate to see the manga end with only 23 volumes.
    But come to think of it, what else can the author write?? He can&#39;t possibly make hikaru (or anyone else) master the divine move, can he??
    All the games we see in the anime are based on real games. I don&#39;t think the author can fake one out if there is no divine move in reality.
    I hope the author can continue writing the manga (or anime) in the form of short stories and each story tells us about a whole tournament or something. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    If there was a second season coming up, i&#39;d like it to be built up like Hikaru No Go as it has been so far...

Hey, do you mean to tell me that every game played in Hikaru No Go is a real game with like real pro&#39;s way of laying the stones? It&#39;s not just something they thought up with lots of studying the game? That sounds awsome, and it makes it so much more real to watch as well.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    The manga has ended. The special here starts a new arc of the manga... but doesn&#39;t cover all of that arc...

Lots of people are speculating, but I think the only people right now who could answer you are the producers themselves...

If you&#39;re really insanely hooked on it, you can find manga scans around. The manga extends I think around 80 chapters past the end of the anime, but I could be wrong there, having not read it.

Torrents should be linked on animesuki&#39;s series page for it. You could also hit that ftp I spose .

Missing Nin
    Well that Special actually doesn&#39;t really take place immediatly after the series. Instead there were several skipped chapters which were basically tossed together in the last episodes ending. I really hope they don&#39;t do what they did with Hunter X Hunter and release it in OVA&#39;s 8 episodes at a time

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DDBen &#064; Jan 27 2004, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Well that Special actually doesn&#39;t really take place immediatly after the series. Instead there were several skipped chapters which were basically tossed together in the last episodes ending. I really hope they don&#39;t do what they did with Hunter X Hunter and release it in OVA&#39;s 8 episodes at a time </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I really hope they realize that the people wants to see more of Hikaru and make a second season of the series, which should also be like 75 eps or something like that... Something to enjoy for a long long long time

Edit: By the way, does anyone here know where i can find the manga? The last chapters that is, since i&#39;ve watched the anime. That FTP isn&#39;t working really well for me i can tell ya.

What I think is... you probably wouldn&#39;t like the anime if you&#39;re going to just watch the first few episodes... It is a bit slow at the beginning but it gets better and BETTER as it progresses.

Anyway, you can find HnG <u>Bittorrent Downloads</u> here. Enjoy&#33;
    http://www.animetorrents.com

I love hng and I really hate to see the manga end with only 23 volumes.
    But come to think of it, what else can the author write?? He can&#39;t possibly make hikaru (or anyone else) master the divine move, can he??
    All the games we see in the anime are based on real games. I don&#39;t think the author can fake one out if there is no divine move in reality.
    I hope the author can continue writing the manga (or anime) in the form of short stories and each story tells us about a whole tournament or something.

id like to know where to get the manga as well

Well this ending left us hanging more so than the ending of ep 75, there&#39;s a new character and a new tournament that he&#39;s going to, it seems like there&#39;s going to be a sequal but im not sure, we can only hope

can someone explaine to me wut hikaru no go is abuot bc ive seen some good ratings for it but have no clue on wuts it about,.

its a &quot;must read/watch&quot; even if you arent interested in go. its a fantastic series. there are quite some good &quot;sports&quot; lik Hajime no Ippo and Prince of Tennis and of course Hikaru no Go.

the whole &quot;ghost super player&quot; thing reminds me of yu gi oh.

I&#39;m guessing the anime is targeted towards young adults? since someone said there wasn&#39;t any violence or action and was mostly drama/talking. If that&#39;s true, then i&#39;ll check it out. I&#39;m a little tired of these wonder boy animes though (which is why I love Azumanga so much).

I just finish watching the special episode. It is good.
    the art is a bit off though

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (.akai @ Jan 29 2004, 07:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I just finish watching the special episode. It is good.
    the art is a bit off though </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    My sentiments exactly.

um Shinji Hikari, which release did you download? the YoumaOtakus or AnimeJunkies one?

I&#39;ve been trying to download the YO one for almost a week (since Jan 24) and now I&#39;m stuck in 31%... Download rate: 0, upload still uploading

The AnimeJunkies one too, too slow...

I dont think its my bittorrent problem because I downloaded other torrents and the speed are great up to 70-80kb/sec

Would anyone mind to hook me up this special 2004 eps?(upload it to my ftp)

Just asking, Thanks&#33;

started reading the manga and am hooked on it currently at chapter 131 i&#39;m gonna finish today or tomorrow too bad it&#39;s only 189 chapters afterwards i&#39;m gonna download the anime. this is definately a must see/read if you have even the slightest interest in go (wanted to try it after learning that shikamaru loved to play go and wondered what kind of game it is, now i see the strategy behind this game and how it helps you device battle plans)