Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hunter X Hunter

Don Freecs is like Togashi, he has been on hiatus for 300 years.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Oh shit! "My aura... isn't coming out!" Must finish the chapter.

This is getting on the far side of epic. I really hope Togashi has been talking to the anime guys about what's going to happen in this arc/saga.

Also, Carnage's theory about Alluka looks more plausible if a Zoaldyck has been on the new world.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Thu, 06-19-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

the summary really does help!

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Only thing i'd like to add to that summary is that it's very likely that Linnet Audoble is Linne Hors-d'oeuvre from the election arc due to her age.

Has anyone else had trouble following what's going on since the manga resumed? I feel like I have no clue what's happening or what the characters are talking about half the time.

You ought to read the Viz translation/releases, they're much clearer than mangastream.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Has anyone else had trouble following what's going on since the manga resumed? I feel like I have no clue what's happening or what the characters are talking about half the time.
    Yes, especially Ging and Pariston. They're talking like diplomats.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Yes. The summaries that enkoujin has been posting have helped a lot. Before I read those, I was pretty lost.

Chapter 346 [MS]
    Chapter 346 [MangaPanda]

Didn't see that there yesterday. Sorry.

URR, the chimera ants were B rank. D:

Great chapter. I like how they think Kurapica is a mind reader.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Mon, 07-14-2014 at 12:32 AM.

it's amazing how he understands nen not by some magic hack, but by understanding what the user wanted to achieve when he conceived the idea. that ties into the original concept on nen and also is an example of how he operates by pandering to the specific interests of whoever he's dealing with.

The fact that it took longer than 1 second for that battle to end feels odd considering how strong the ants were and how high Ging's power level ought to be.

Jounin
    Not really. Ging said it himself. He figured out that it was really Partison that sent those guys in an attempt to see Gings powers for himself. So Ging didn't use any of his own powers. He used Leorio's.

However I feel that the fact that he was able to figure out and use Leorio's powers so easily revealed a bunch. Don't think many people can witness or take an attack once and then figure out how it worked. Not only that but several other techniques too, by predicting how it was intended to work. That told volumes about just how strong he is. Also don't use you powers infront of Ging or against him unless you are sure it will kill him, or he will figure it out and add it to his own arsenal.

Can't help but think that Crollo have been cheated. Why have a nen power that require you to have a book in one hand to use someones power, and to have such trouble to steal it, when you can simply figure it out. Hopefully it's such a rare talent that Ging is basically the only one that can do it. It could be Ging's power, but i hope not.

Ging blatantly said its not his power and can only mimic strike-type attacks. Plus, he might have had to have been hit to be able to replicate it. Chrollo's power can seemingly copy anything.

Either way, it is still very impressive. I wonder how long it will be until we see his actual ability. Also, Pariston's for that matter. I bet his is some dark shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    Ging blatantly said its not his power and can only mimic strike-type attacks. Plus, he might have had to have been hit to be able to replicate it. Chrollo's power can seemingly copy anything.
    He didn't say he can only mimic strike-type abilities. He said IF it's a strike-type ability, it only takes one time for him to mimic it, which implies that he can also mimic non-strike-type abilities, but not as easily as a strike-type ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne View Post
    He didn't say he can only mimic strike-type abilities. He said IF it's a strike-type ability, it only takes one time for him to mimic it, which implies that he can also mimic non-strike-type abilities, but not as easily as a strike-type ability.
    There was nothing in his speech bubbles that implied that he could copy non-strike type abilities. All we know so far is that after getting hit by a strike-type ability, he can imitate it.

Do we know who taught Ging how to use Nen? Was it Bisuke?