Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hunter X Hunter

lol at Zeno...i hope the cheetah guy is really dead. I wanted to see his ability but i dont want a resurrection without a really, really good reason.

and i hope his abilty isn't "i can resurrect myself"

Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 04-26-2008 at 03:09 AM.

That was a waste of 5 minutes. I wonder when we'll get some action.

this is starting to read more like a book....i dont care about the stupid details of who felt what, and what the building was like...fuck, get on with it already

Yeah, agree with you there Assassin that it is becoming like a book, I feel it takes ages to get through a chapter because of the big amounts of reading that has been going on as of late.

Well, chapter 280 has come out, and looks like after the next chapter it is going on another hiatus, again with no reason or time period. It's really starting to become a joke.

I hate saying this, but I told you so:

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    also, I predict a three man form for the fighat against Yupi - Killua, Meleroon and Knuckle.
    Killua uses his uber counterpunch to protect Kncuckle, and Knuckle delievers some uber punches to beat up Yupi...
    it's too bad it's stopping again, HxH is probably the best "weekly" shonen series...

it's too bad it's stopping again, HxH is probably the best "weekly" shonen series...

I don't know I currently like Onepiece and Naruto better. HxH has been going extremely slowly for a while (other than Gon getting pissed).

since the thread is about to go silence for a while (except the "I heard Togashi was kidnapped by aliens who cut off his hands and emptied his brain from all the future plot so he has to rethink all the series now" posts), we can amuse ourselves by bashing series and comparing them, while making all sorts of argument that we'll disown later in the heat of discussion.

happy, fun times, let us commence:

Naruto is barely fun; most of the fights aren't enjoyable, and the story\plot depends too much on the 'future'. example: we have alot of villans, yet nobody cared about them unless their backstory is revelead. Kabuto and Yamato for examples, as charecters, they don't have any existence.
    I couldn't care less about any of them if it wasn't for the plot purpose or potentiel to rock. like Danzo and Zetsu, that are around for an awfully long time, but are still unknonwn... Danzo appeared a million chapters ago, Zetsu came about a zillion chapters ago , and neiteher of them has done nothing intersting so far.

in HxH, every charecter counts, Welf came about ten chapters ago, and we know him from top to bottom. Meleroon and Ikaruga, two charecters that went completly below the radar of most readers, are key players in this invasion.

HxH chapters happen now, and you enjoy them for they are - filled with action and intellgence.
    Naruto happens in the possible future. each chapter promises amazing plot twists and incredible battles, but it never delievers.

One piece.. I'll wait for the next post to discuss it.

Note: since it's only the internet, I'm allowing myself to say things I don't neccserelly mean, so don't take it to heart, fellows.

super edit: Removed all the Naruto names of charecters that didn't appear in the anime yet (I hope I didn't miss anyone) and replaced them with other charecter (who don't fit my point as well as the spoilers ones, but heck).
    Thanks, Munsu
    Last edited by Death BOO Z; Mon, 05-12-2008 at 04:33 PM. Reason: now, 100% naruto spoiler free.

Naruto is barely fun; most of the fights aren't enjoyable, and the story\plot depends too much on the 'future'. example: we have alot of villans, yet nobody cared about them unless their backstory is revelead. Kabuto and Yamato for examples, as charecters, they don't have any existence.
    I couldn't care less about any of them if it wasn't for the plot purpose or potentiel to rock. like Danzo and Zetsu, that are around for an awfully long time, but are still unknonwn... Danzo appeared a million chapters ago, Zetsu came about a zillion chapters ago , and neiteher of them has done nothing intersting so far.
    Have you been reading the manga for the past year? Tons of information has been revealed and there's been 3 great battles.

Information? yes, we now know that all sorts of things 'might' happen and we can conspire new theories about all the old charecters. but it will all happen in the distant future, the story is pretty much the same.

great Battles? I assume you mean charecter with eye powers against a charecter without eye powers, a charecter without eye powers against a villian who has eye powers, and the recent fight.
    crap, makes no sense, plain dissapointment.

did the outcome of those three fights suprise you in any way?
    didn't think so.

despite the fact that 'nen' is far more absurd than 'chakra'. the battles in HxH actually make sense. the charecters are thinking ahead and have battle plans.

that's my hyperbole, at least for the next five mintues.

HxH is more like book then comic. Every action is written and images help you understand better. Naruto has 10% of text to drawing per volume while HxH is opposite something like 80% of text to drawing. It interesting when characters form battle plans then act on them and you wait for next chapter to see if their plan succeeded or were they wiped out.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Hunter X Hunter Manga to Restart on October 6
    posted on 2008-08-27 05:47 EDT
    Latest return for Yoshihiro Togashi, an artist well-known for his long breaks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An upcoming issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine will reportedly announce that Yoshihiro Togashi will restart his Hunter X Hunter shōnen action manga in this year's 45th issue on October 6. Togashi is well-known for halting and restarting his manga for months at a time. Coincidentally, his longest break from the manga — 20 months — ended on October 6, 2007. That time, he drew 10 new weekly installments before going hiatus again at the end of 2007. Viz Media has been releasing the Hunter X Hunter manga in North America.

Source: 2ch
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...t-on-october-6

Good news...i hope.

October six? that's barely 40 days!
    good to hear, I've been missing my HxH fix.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

i just hope he finishes this arc soon and gets on with the next one before the next hiatus.

I just hope he gets through the next 10 minutes of whatever this plan is before the next hiatus...

Blog Entries
    Just let him finish this arc so it can at least be animated
    Last edited by Archangel; Wed, 09-10-2008 at 09:55 AM.

It's already animated, it's called the Cell Saga. LOLOLOLOL... ahem...

ty psj for this sig

it's like X-mas in october...

I think that the electirc attack that Killua made severed the connection yupi had with the others, it d-antted him and made him into a 'free' member of his species, like what happened to the others.

art seems inconsistent, though. some pages are great, others are the doodle style.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.