Thread: Another Pointless observation

Another Pointless observation

To carry on my theme of noticing useless crap.

When Naruto and Jiraya were talking about the exam their jounin teacher gave them before becoming genin (the thing where they had to get the bells) there is something weird.

Naruto mentions that he was the one who was tied up to the tree.

Jiraya then remembers that he too was tied up to the tree. However, in the flashbackm you see Tsunade holding one of the bells up in front of him.

We all remember from Kakashi's test that the point of the exam is teamwork and that you are not supposed to be able to get the bells individually.

So, either Tsunade and Oro were strong enough at that age to get a bell from the 3rd.

Or, the exam was slightly different back then, and teamwork wasnt the point, which is unlikely as it is made clear that the same test was handed down from the 3rd to Jiraya, to the 4th, and then to Kakashi.

I guess it doesnt really matter though.

blah, it's easy jiraiya got tied to the pole because he didn't get a bell, they don't have to get the bells they just have to show they can work together as a team to get the bells since team 7 was so weak they didn't get any bells and naruto was tied to the pole for trying to cheat so yeah it was a pointless observation

RE: Another Pointless observation

well im assuming that the 3rd didnt use that training as an exam...just training...the sannin looked as if they were in there mid to late teens at that point ... the 3rd was probally checking their progress

they looked like they were the same age as team 7 in my eyes so why would the test be any different then the ones naruto and co got? only conclusion could be that kakashi changed around the rules etc of this test to his liking, like with some fairytales there's a truth to it but with time they get things added and removed thus becoming a partly true and partly false story maybe it's the same for the test the third gave a test then the fourth changed it to his liking then kakashi got the test from the fourth and changed things to his liking to teach naruto and co

I'm pretty sure it wasn't any kind of exam, but that rather it was just training. From what we've learned so far about the sannin, it appears they were personally selected to be trained by the third, who recognized the great potential in all of them. I think that he wouldn't select mere academy students for that. Also, the simple fact that there is no mention of becoming a genin/not becoming a genin makes me believe that it was just a simple training exercise that was later adapted by Kakashi for the survival training (jeez, he even copies other people's training methods. Not the most creative guy, I must say).

Pointless indeed

you guys are thinking way too much with rules changes and all that. it's really simple.

the rules were the same. it's just that, jiraiya was talented but was a goofy muthafa. tsunade and orochimaru were also talented but weren't acting stupid like jiraiya was. they just figured out how to get the bells and the whole point of the test while jiraiya was acting like a clown. that's it. anyway, they're not called the legendary sannin for nothing, if they didn't get the bells, it'd be dumb.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Agreed with Mut@t@ on this one with a bit of a point. The training only has two bells. So SOMEONE had to be tied to the tree. It's rather obvious they were all skilled enough to get the bells. From the third hokage no less. Thus they're legendary. But with only two bells, Jiraiya was obviously the logical candidate to be tied to the tree. We all know Orochimaru was far too sasuke-like to be tied to it, and tying Tsunade to the tree would be like pre-teen bondage. *shudder*

nah orochimaru tied jaraiya to the pole cause his an evil mutha!

well the sannin were geniuses right? so oro and tsunade prolly figured their own way of getting the bell while jiraiya, being his lazy self just fell for every trap sarutobi laid out for him ..

OMG, a thread for THIS, plz d00d go read a book

Originally posted by: RasenDori
    the sannin looked as if they were in there mid to late teens at that point ... the 3rd was probally checking their progress
    What the...... where did you get that from? They looked about 12 to me. About the same as when team 7 first graduated.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

interesting so many of these jounin level characters claim to have been genin and chuunin at, like, half the age of naruto and the others.....
    yet we never see any present-day genins or chuunins that are younger than 13
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

yea and all the genins seems to have evolved in less than a year since many of them have at least one attribute at jounin level. but maybe that special one in a decade talent is about to come soon.. should be about 6 or something since itachi seems to be the last one.....

what are you talking about? you forgot the greatest ninja of all - Chiyo-chan...

she's way better than Kakashi and Itachi, in fact, I won't be suprised if she's running the Akatsuki and is trying to get the kyubi so Tadakichi-san won't feel lonely once she moves to america!

yes, I finished watching Azumanga Daioh a few days ago, and now i'm watching it again with my small brother... this anime owns!

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
    what are you talking about? you forgot the greatest ninja of all - Chiyo-chan...
    Indeed. Shinobi Chiyo-chan is truly an unstopable fighting force!

Originally posted by: hopeknight
    Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
    Indeed. Shinobi Chiyo-chan is truly an unstopable fighting force!

Everybody knows that Sakaki-sensei could kick her ass. Foo!