Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 220 Discussion[Manga] Spoilers

That place over there........ahh never mind

RE: Chapter 220 Discussion[Manga] Spoilers

G gundam had a lot of people not being appreciated, but G Gundam in my opinion was one of the better ones

R.I.P Captain America.

enjoyed this chapter
    been a while since we had a good flashback

OK, I haven't chimed in on this one yet, but I'm going to.

I just read the BakaFish translation and IMO this is one of the most boring and pointless chapters yet. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm interested in the whole Uchiha Clan thing also. But I question the timing on this one. Is this really the right time to have Sasuke flashbacks of his childhood with his father and Itachi? Shouldn't that be during a fight between Sasuke and Itachi? And not during a fight between Naruto and Sasuke, while Naruto is trying to save Sasuke from falling into Orochimaru's hands?
    And then to dedicate an entire chapter to a flashback, and it looks like the flashback may continue into the next chapter as well. I'm sorry but I don't think that this is the right time to throw this into the story. Everyone has been anticipating the Naruto vs Sasuke battle since the formation of team 7 and as soon as it begins we are back to Sasuke and Itachi again.

The timing here takes away from the flashback part of the story in my opinion, because at the moment I am not very interested or focusing on something that happened with Sasuke and his family. My primary interest is focused on the battle that began 2 chapters ago between Sasuke and Naruto. And so, to me, having this flashback now takes some of the fire out of both story lines.

I enjoyed this chapter because the story is going back to the demise of the Uchiha Clan which we really don't know too much about. Hopefully it will answer the question of what is Itachi's real motives and whether he was really the one behind the massacre or if there was another person responsible.

i think its great how out of nowhere they pull out more flashbacks of itachi and sasuke when we all thought that what they gave us way back in the previous saga was all we were gonna ever see.

Either some of you get off on the non-plot contributing parts of naruto, or you hate itachi just cause people like him (which makes me wonder if im the only person who is neither obsessed towards NOR against him)

Some people should stop being lame, please.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Originally posted by: Sidnne
    OK, I haven't chimed in on this one yet, but I'm going to.

I just read the BakaFish translation and IMO this is one of the most boring and pointless chapters yet. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm interested in the whole Uchiha Clan thing also. But I question the timing on this one. Is this really the right time to have Sasuke flashbacks of his childhood with his father and Itachi? Shouldn't that be during a fight between Sasuke and Itachi? And not during a fight between Naruto and Sasuke, while Naruto is trying to save Sasuke from falling into Orochimaru's hands?
    And then to dedicate an entire chapter to a flashback, and it looks like the flashback may continue into the next chapter as well. I'm sorry but I don't think that this is the right time to throw this into the story. Everyone has been anticipating the Naruto vs Sasuke battle since the formation of team 7 and as soon as it begins we are back to Sasuke and Itachi again.

The timing here takes away from the flashback part of the story in my opinion, because at the moment I am not very interested or focusing on something that happened with Sasuke and his family. My primary interest is focused on the battle that began 2 chapters ago between Sasuke and Naruto. And so, to me, having this flashback now takes some of the fire out of both story lines.
    your telling me I could harldy read any of that crap about family give me a break, bottom line IT WAS CRAP

R.I.P Captain America.

Wierd... Itachi missed an important mission so he could go to Sasuke's ceremony at the academy.

that was supposed to be when he was "good"

R.I.P Captain America.

<sarcasm>Yes too much text to read is boring bring on the bam bam action</sarcasm>
    It must suck having ADD?

I think Kishimoto's trying to build on something here. The relationship between Sasuke and Itachi. We haven't seen anything of that. But showing that the Uchiha clan have always guarded the peace of the Konoha village, really add's an interesting point of view to it. Maybe there's more to meets the eye about the Uchiha clan in it;s role in the Konoha village.

I thought it was a good chapter. A bit sidetracking.. But it does give time for Kishimoto to 'think' it out how the Naruto vs Sasuke fight is going to turn out. Hope it's a cool one.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

like i said before boring chapter it was all about the little fag boy finally getting some attention from his bigger brother and it's probably gonna continue next week omg the agony, like someone said before this flashback is misplaced

how is this flash back missplaced. you forget sasuke is who is now cause of itachi, all tthe little fuker thinks about is itachi .. ITACHI ITACHI ITACHI much like most of you people. the comic is just trying to get us to hate itachi an understand why sasuke is running to oro (the micheal jackson shinobi) haha

now as for itachi killing his clan we wont know till itachi says something about it. stop making conclusions that he didnt as far as facts go he did it!

I thought this chapter was great, TBH. I'm really keen to get a better sense of the relationship between Itachi and Sasuke. The chapter demonstrates that Sasuke really idolized his brother, he thought the world of him.

That's probably one of the main reasons that Sasuke is so angry now: not only because his family was killed, but from the ultimate betrayal of the one he thought so highly of.

People are complaining a lot about the placement of this flashback, but I really think it will lead to something. Something will happen as a result of this, some kind of higher plot development. Maybe we'll see Itachi again soon, I just have a feeling.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

how is this flash back missplaced. you forget sasuke is who is now cause of itachi, all tthe little fuker thinks about is itachi .. ITACHI ITACHI ITACHI much like most of you people. the comic is just trying to get us to hate itachi an understand why sasuke is running to oro
    But this is stuff we already know and have known forever. We don't need more flashbacks to show us why Sasuke is running off to gain more power or why he wants to kill Itachi so badly. We know already. There is no need to have this flashback at this point in the story. If he was fighting Itachi, then I have no problem with this flashback, it adds to the story and makes us more interested in the battle at hand. But Sasuke isnt fighting Itachi right now, he is fighting Naruto and a flashback about Sasuke's relationship with his father and brother does not pertain to what is going on right now in the story.

This chapter did not progress the story at all, that is why it was boring to me. To me it was as relevant and as interesting as the Sakura and Ino flashbacks. And the proof of this is in everyone's posts. We are all discussing if this chapter was boring or not, and speculating about Itachi, instead of talking about something that took place in the chapter. The reason is because nothing memorable took place during this chapter that is worth discussing.

ah well, i see a lot of guys complainin about how the chapter was bad, i mean , cīmon its like complainin about some dog crap u just stepped on, its still gonna be there. well i think i just transmited my opinion bout how the chapter was.

Inane version is out on IRC and other websites.

the manga doesnt usually include useless stuff.....

keep in mind, that the manga version of haku and zaku's flashbacks are MUCH shorter than the anime versions....
    for them to pull out all new flashbacks at such a crucial time.....you'd think that he's trying to clue the readers in on something new that is good to know with regards to this whole sasuke being evil ordeal. The flashbacks showed a side of itachi that none of us knew, so dont be saying that its nothing new for you, Sidnne.

And you guys shouldnt jump to any hasty opinions about it until the flashbacks are done with. Far too many times do i see people quick to bitch about something, only to find that next week more than proves the logic behind the occurence of the offender in question.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

hmmm.....I don't really mind too much, but slightly disappointing to have no coloured panels in Inane's version. And they translated it to Police Force, different from Bakafish's version.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Yawn...

it's such a misplaced chapter, should've been either before or kept for later... after months of half-pointless fights, we're finally getting to this arc's climax, and this is what we get...

Yawn...

don't get me wrong, i'm all in for flashbacks and mentally crushing Sasuke, but this chapter really doesn't fit in. We need to see them fighting, not bonding with thier families!

man, just thinking about this chapter makes me sleepy, most of the stuff there probably weren't even relevent...

Yawn, yawn, yawn....

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

The main sentence in this chapter may be the "think about how important this mission is for the Uchiha clan".

For generations, this clan provided the police, building an unquestioned authority that - because of their blood - no one could oppose. As I tend to be a little bit paranoid, I smell a conspiracy.
    --
    "If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?
    I hope to die before I have to use Microsoft Word." (Donald E. Knuth)