Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 220 Discussion[Manga] Spoilers

RE: Chapter 220 Discussion[Manga] Spoilers

destroyor no i haven't because gundam sucks so no check and no mate for you, gundam is a stupid anime and i won't argue about it because it is

Let's just quickly recap. All we know FOR SURE about Itachi's past, not counting whatever 220's words are, is that a) Sasuke said he had unbearably good Shuriken skills. b) He showed his brother his 'murder' of the Uchiha clan, which could easily have been a fabrication, using the mangekyou sharingan. (After all, I somehow doubt that at any time Kakashi was stabbed by 70,000 Katanas, or even he would not have lived through it, but the mangekyou sharingan made him live through that.) c) He always tells Sasuke that he's too weak, and he doesn't hate enough, that he should get stronger, which started that very night.
    d) He was in the room RIGHT after his parents died for sure.

Given these facts, I think it would be significantly less intelligent to make Itachi the murderer, when you consider that the last thing you'd want to do, being the murderer of your entire clan, is leave your brother alive, and tell him to get strong enough to kill you. I guarantee you there are plenty of people who can kill Itachi, if he wanted to commit suicide or test his limits, they would all do very nicely. We also know that at several points he could have killed Kurenai, but didn't. The same goes for Sasuke. If Itachi was a cold blooded murderer, these things would make very little sense at all. However, if on the other hand, he arrived after the murder had taken place and/or failed to stop it somehow, it would make a LOT of sense to keep Sasuke's focus on him, rather than having sasuke look for the real killer, and at the same time, if Sasuke DID get strong enough to beat Itachi, he'd be strong enough to defend himself from the killer. There really is a lot more going for the 'not killer' idea than there is for the 'killer' idea. And besides, don't animes have enough bad ass evil characters that only fight to test their limits already? You'd all really begrudge us one extremely badass and enigmatic good guy? Seriously. Get over it.

Chapter 220 Discussion[Manga] Spoilers

Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
    destroyor no i haven't because gundam sucks so no check and no mate for you, gundam is a stupid anime and i won't argue about it because it is
    Not only does he have PMS and forgot to take his pills, he has no taste either!
    Like you even saw any Gundam series except perhaps Wing.
    And I'm going to restate the following: "Grow the fuck up."
    And learn how to write sentences, you little 5 year old you.

I for one am really looking forward to this chapter being translated.

back to the discussion at hand; i grabbed this from animesuki's forums. quote is from tsurumaru.

"Chapter is called Itachi & Sasuke

Its really hard to read the kanji in the raw but it appears that it starts with a flashback within a flashback. Itachi is carrying Sasuke piggy back because earlier during shuriken training Sasuke tried to train with his brother (who once finishing his own training just wanted to go home) and Sasuke ended up injuring his knee.
    Itachi therefore carries him back to the Uchiha village. On the way back they pass the "Honbu" of the Konoha something or other (cant make this out) Honbu = Headquarters btw. Then theres something about what the Uchiha Clan symbol represents. Sasuke asks Itachi if he will train at the Honbu as that is where their dad is (and he's amazing). Itachi doesn't seem too sure but Sasuke is psyched that he will one day join and become strong like his brother.
    Then they spot their father who wonders where they have been, he needs to talk to them.
    Next there father sums up Itachi's achievements (Chuunen and Anbu member) at such a young age, he seems amazed (and perhaps slightly distirbed) this has been accomplished by his own son.But he tells Itachi that the next morning he will have to go to meet with someone very important (Its actually an Uchiha family member but i cant quite read their first name something like "ichizoku" perhaps its the leader of the Uchiha clan???) anyhow his father is telling him this like he has no say in the matter. Itachi however doesn't want to attend as he has something else he wants to do, their father however is outraged that Itachi would pass over on this meeting untill Itachi explains the exact reason why he doesn't want to leave in the morning to visit that person. Tomorrow is Sasuke's first day at the Academy and will be his entrance ceremony (it looks like he has promised Sasuke he would be there). On hearing this their father suddenly remembers this, and completely understands Itachis motive and agrees with him.

Firstly I'd like to say in my defense I'm pretty tired and secondly that my Japanese gets worse by the day So please dont take my word for it, wait for the official translations, hopefully this will give you a very rough guide of what is going on though........

Also I think there's some strange subtext going on here between Itachi and his father that I dont have a hope in hell of picking up, he seems to be proud and yet fearful of Itachi's power and there are a couple of strange looks that pass between father and son, perhaps he is trying to control Itachi a little too much.......

Anyhow please wait for the official translations to make this all a bit clearer.

The most interesting point to come out of the chapter seems to be that for all his remoteness Itachi seems to actually have cared about his brother....."

wow...this is turning out to be a crazy story. hopefully inane's translation won't take too long.

hmmmm...good shit good shit, i like the sound of it!

well shit, if i was itachi's dad i'd be a little scared too. the kid is freaking strong, but super smart too.

there is a higher quality raw by same group who released the low quality raw at narutofan.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

hmm well from that post i just read it seems like itachi does care for sasuke, and he use to be good...but y he turn bad??? is it because his father is evil? well i dont know y but i have a feeling his father had more evil intentions that itachi.....

Originally posted by: CyberPunk
    But he tells Itachi that the next morning he will have to go to meet with someone very important (Its actually an Uchiha family member but i cant quite read their first name something like "ichizoku" perhaps its the leader of the Uchiha clan???).
    I believe I've heard the words "Uchiha ichizoku" a few times in the anime, and it's always been translated as "Uchiha Clan". Not entirely sure, though.

Edit: OK, after watching ep 84, I'm sure now. Maybe you read it wrong, and it's not anyone's name in particular.

dude, i didn't say anything. i quoted from another site.

Originally posted by: Kalean
    Let's just quickly recap. All we know FOR SURE about Itachi's past, not counting whatever 220's words are, is that a) Sasuke said he had unbearably good Shuriken skills. b) He showed his brother his 'murder' of the Uchiha clan, which could easily have been a fabrication, using the mangekyou sharingan. (After all, I somehow doubt that at any time Kakashi was stabbed by 70,000 Katanas, or even he would not have lived through it, but the mangekyou sharingan made him live through that.) c) He always tells Sasuke that he's too weak, and he doesn't hate enough, that he should get stronger, which started that very night.

Given these facts, I think it would be significantly less intelligent to make Itachi the murderer, when you consider that the last thing you'd want to do, being the murderer of your entire clan, is leave your brother alive, and tell him to get strong enough to kill you. I guarantee you there are plenty of people who can kill Itachi, if he wanted to commit suicide or test his limits, they would all do very nicely. We also know that at several points he could have killed Kurenai, but didn't. The same goes for Sasuke. If Itachi was a cold blooded murderer, these things would make very little sense at all. However, if on the other hand, he arrived after the murder had taken place and/or failed to stop it somehow, it would make a LOT of sense to keep Sasuke's focus on him, rather than having sasuke look for the real killer, and at the same time, if Sasuke DID get strong enough to beat Itachi, he'd be strong enough to defend himself from the killer. There really is a lot more going for the 'not killer' idea than there is for the 'killer' idea. And besides, don't animes have enough bad ass evil characters that only fight to test their limits already? You'd all really begrudge us one extremely badass and enigmatic good guy? Seriously. Get over it.

Hehe i said pritty much exactly the same thing in a thread i made up, of what me and some of my mates were saying [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] i agree with wat u've said

That sounds damn cool indeed, now I -really- can't wait for the translation!

hmm i guess its more likely that he didnt kill them, in the flashback sasuke had when he killed them he did it by chopping of their heads with a katana when they stood on ther knees, thats no way to test your skills. and this chapter sounds very interesting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

off topic: terracosmo the similarity IS striking [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] did you do that chibi of yourself?

Originally posted by: Kalean

WTF you talking about? Itachi and Uchiha suck! Everything non-Naruto sux!

Okay, seriously though. I couldn't agree more. Itachi's motives are unclear, even to Kisame. Saying Itachi is a complete bad guy is just looking at it from the surface.

should change the show name to itachi .. an this forum the lovers & haters of itachi. notice how most topics somehow lead to itachi talk..

if they do tell the story of the Uchiha clan it going to be from sasuke point of view, so no matter what itachi killed his family.... until itachi himself says otherwise. which i think itachi will be killed before he has the chance, not like anyone is really wanting to hear him tell why he did such a thing maybe kabuto cause his a sticky beck.

I think this flashback will impact the story a good deal.

After this Naruto will lose to Sasuke and Sasuke will go straigt to Orochimaru.
    Naruto will shortly after meet Itachi again, asking him why he did that, he obviously was a caretaking brother. Then we will know the truth. Plotwise, I can't figure out why else Sasuke should tell Naruto that stuff, as explaining Itachi as caretaking doesn't really proof his anger against him.

This would also give birth to the following possible scenario:
    Orochimaru killed the Uchiha clan in order to obtain the sharingan but the Uchihas all shut it down, rather dying than handing over their secret. The fact that Itachi survived would fit into Oro's statement that Itachi is stronger than he is - he couldn't kill him.
    Based on that we could imagine Itachi joining Akatsuki to spy on Orochimaru's advance on Sasuke just like Jiraiya did, tailing Oro after he left the leaf. Even Itachi allying with the leaf genins to get Sasuke back would be possible. Remeber Tsunade saying that the sharingan is a major weapon of the leaf and should not be lost.
    After Itachi clarified the events, I don't think she would oppose his return.

Would be a nice plot twist and provide a nice new base for the story to advance from. It would also make up for some nice fights, a large scale attack Leaf vs Sound for example. Naruto, Itachi, Kakashi, Gai, Lee, Jiraiya - all side by side. Great fights indeed.

Always remember [iirc]: Itachi is japanese for weasel - and the weasel is the natural enemy of the snake.

Edit:
    @viciousHyuuga:
    well, Itachi either provides THE major plottwist so far that was built up from chapter 1 on as I outlined above, or he plays a big role in the important foreshadowing "Naruto vs Akatsuki" arc. Yet little about him is known, besides the impression that he will be very important. It's only natural that he gets a great deal of interest.
    --
    "If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?
    I hope to die before I have to use Microsoft Word." (Donald E. Knuth)

i don't understand people who think itachi isn't a bad guy.

this is why i think itachi is a bad guy.

he's a psycho. he can be be all loving and friendly (like how he is shown in ch 220), but inside, he's really a crazy maniac capable of killing everyone. so going back to the uchiha massacre. that night he does kill everyone using them as his measuring stick (who cares if we didn't see him do the actual killing, what's to say that he didn't do it?). sasuke runs his prissy ass home and finds everything desecrated and cries. blah blah itachi let's him live because he knows that only an uchiha can beat him so he wants sasuke to become stronger and fight him later for another measure of his strength. that's why he only killed the uchihas.

BUT, then people could say "well, why doesn't he fight people like sannins or other kages if he really wanted to test his strength?"

answer: i dunno. maybe itachi can't get over the fact that only uchihas are capable of killing him that's why he doesn't bother with others. my theory isn't sound or anything but it's the most logical to me. i'll be waiting for someone to call me dense or something because i'm not thinking more deeply into the situation like most of you have.

-------
    i don't think this theory (which i think is the most common) is even remotely possible cuz it's absolutely illogical.

someone else killed the uchiha clan (probably orochimaru because he wants the sharingan) so itachi decided to take the blame. this makes sure that sasuke doesn't go for the real killer and get killed. sasuke ends up persuing itachi (the accused killer) and doesn't bump into the real killer and in the end itachi let's him know of everything.
    this theory is just plain dumb. if orochimaru wanted to take any of the uchiha's i'm almost 100% positive that he could have. i am sure that orochimaru could've kicked everyone's ass 5-6 years ago and i doubt that itachi would've been able to stop him then. and IF orochimaru did do it, why didn't he just go after itachi or sasuke then? was itachi that much stronger than orochimaru? why i guess itach is either considerably stronger than orochimaru or orochimaru is just weak as hell (which he is not so i guess it's the first one). also, wouldn't it be a lot easier and safer for itachi to just tell sasuke that someone else was the real killer and they should get stronger together to go beat the real killer?

if there are more theories which you guys think is more logical than what i wrote, let me know.

and as for itachi not killing the people he's faced so far. he can't kill any of those people. this isn't FMA. anyone that has been introduced and given a name cannot be killed in this story. him killing any of the jounins he fought is just stupid.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Yeah, if itachi really did care for sasuke or is the *good guy* he wouldn't have had sasuke to lead a dark life by making it think its itachi that killed everyone..

Well, yes, but Itachi staying the second bad guy is plotwise just plain boring.
    And personally, I want a good story development, not a cool bad dude.
    --
    "If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?
    I hope to die before I have to use Microsoft Word." (Donald E. Knuth)

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
    off topic: terracosmo the similarity IS striking [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] did you do that chibi of yourself?
    Yep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Using my non-existant but one day might be existant painting skillz.

Originally posted by: Elessar
    Well, yes, but Itachi staying the second bad guy is plotwise just plain boring.
    And personally, I want a good story development, not a cool bad dude.
    It has something to do with the clan Internal affairs .The plot is similiar to another ninja anime, Tokiya Mikagami of Flame of Recca .