Thread: Someone please seed naruto 11-20

Someone please seed naruto 11-20

please ive been having trouble downloading this and i was wondering if someone else was able to seed it off to me. i was wondering if someone could also tell me how if seeding it off multiple people would make it any faster.

im having kind of the same problem... im gettin Naruto 41 - 50... it says there are 27 seeds (as of right now) and 308 peers... yet i am only connected to 22 peers and 1 seed.... and the seed im connected to has no d/l speed (0 kb/s)... so how do i connect to more seeds?

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

RE: Someone please seed naruto 11-20

Alhuin, you are probably quitting your BT download after the first 2 minutes or so. If you leave BT on for awhile, it eventually speeds up and will find more seeds to increase your download speed. Kibakun, the trouble with the old episodes (like 11-20) is that they arent seeded as often. For old episodes, I personally think its better to get them off Mirc.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

no... im not closing at all... i've had my BT client goin for about 2 weeks now... i've already gotten 1 batch of Naruto episodes (even though they did about the same thing) but i was connected to more seeders and my speed usually got up to about 20 kb/s. I also d/l Naruto 85, 86, and 87 and got those done in a couple hours... but now im not connecting to any seeders... and i've had this d/l goin for 3 days...

First of all, one of the reasons why your download is slow is because your downloading a big file so, it will naturally take longer. The main reason however, is probably beacause you don't have the ports for Bittorrent (6881-6999) forwarded which is causing a major decrease in download speed. If you do not know how to forward you port on your router/firewall, either check around the forums or post again with the type of router/firewall you have and I'll try to help you. Hope I could help.

ok... i have it set on ports (6881 - 6999).... i never changed any of that... yes i already knew that it would be sort of slow based on it being a big file and it being an older file... but then again i do have a firewall up... I use Zone Alarm... i dont know anything about computers so i dont know how to bypass that or make it work to where i can d/l faster... I hope this is enough...

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

in zonealarm you'll probably want to make sure you've given bittorrent both client and server access to the internet. In the windows XP firewall you'll want to open the port range you're listening on (if that's on). In your router's config if you have one, you'd want to forward the ports. That may or may not be the cause of many of your problems.

Another problem you might have though is that you might be experiencing upload choking. What's your connection's max upload speed, and are you saturating it or not. If you're saturating your upload you could be choking your download with that, especially on a dsl or cable connection (which are usually heavily asymmetric). If you're not close to saturating your upload, you might consider turning up max uploads or minpeers in your client, too -- as the more you are uploading the faster you'll be able to download (this is because of bittorrent's tit-for-tat algorithm, and applies up to the point that you choke yourself, of course). Turning up minpeers will cause you to keep searching for new peers to connect to (which includes seeds). Turning up max uploads will also do this, and will get you more incoming connections.

You don't necessarily HAVE to see the seeds though, nor do you have to see how much or how little they're doing. If you can't see everyone on the torrent, the seeds can be sending to people you can't see and you'd get no feedback of that fact. Seeds can also be people who just leeched and capped their upload extremely low (or just entirely prevented uploading) -- so don't be too surprised if you don't see much from a specific seed, as long as you're seeing action from your peers.

ok... i have my max uploads for every file set at 50 (was at 4)... and i opened ZA and made sure Bittorent had both server and internet access... i dont know how to check the XP firewall... but at the top of ZA it said "Listening to port(s) TCP 6881, 6883, 56666"... im guessin thats good... but anyways... i also dont know how to forward the ports on my router (i guess i have a router)... i have a cable modem on the downstaris computer and i connect to it through wireless connection... so im guessin thats the router you mean... i just dont know how to forward the ports...

as for upload choking... i dont know if im doin that or not... you completely lost me on all that...

Ok here I go. I have a step by step guide on how to forward the bittorrent ports (6881-6999) in the Windows XP Firewall which you can find here. If you just follow the steps that are there, you should be fine (I suggest that you only forward ports 6881-6889 because port forwarding in the Windows XP Firewall could take a very long time due to the fact that you have to forward each port one by one. Plus, those where the original ports Bittorrent used untill the later version where the range was extended.) Next for your ZoneAlarm Firewall, I have found another guide on how to forward your ports which you can find here. Its not really an official guide, but if you look at the post made by RES666, you should be fine (Also, the range he has is off, don't use the range he gives you. Use 6881-6999, those are the bittorrent ports). Now, If you could tell me exactly what kind of router you have (D-link, Linksys, etc.) and give me the model number of the router, I can give you a step by step guide on how to forward those ports. Hope I could help.

ok... did the ZA thing... i looked forever on how to open XP firewall (it said go to Network Connections and click on the connection using ICF... then click tasks... however i could not find any button anywhere labeled "tasks"... so therefore i could not continue with that)...Now... the router I have is called Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router and the model number is WRT54G...

Edit: I found where my ICF setting was located... the box beside it was NOT checked so my internet connection is not being hindered by XP firewall (so im guessng)...

Okay, for you specific router (Linksys WRT54G), I have found two step by step guides on how to port forward. The first one is from the Linksys support site which you can find here. This one is good because it is from the official site however, it shows no pictures or visual aids. The second one is from PortForward.com which you can find here. I think this one is better because it gives you a step by step guide on how to port forward with visual aids, and it also has a direct link on how to set up a Static IP Address (You will need one of these to be able to forward the ports for Bittorrent which again are 6881-6999). You can choose which ever one you want, the choice is yours. Hope I could help.

well... that should work... only problem is... it doesn't... I cant get into my router's Web Based Utility... i know the username and password... but on every computer... it alwasy comes up and says "401 Unauathorized... Authorization required"... i dont know what to do... i have the password written right here in front of me... but when i type it in it doesnt work... maybe i have the wrong username but i saw my mom go in once with the username i used... so i dont know... well... guess it's the end of the line now... not much else i can do unless i get this fixed... oh well guess i'll just wait the 344:03:37 for Naruto 41 - 50 to get done (and its at 60 percent... i've had it goin for about a week...)

So you can't access the log in screen at all or does it say your typing in the wrong username/password? If you can't access the log in screen, then I probably know what the problem is. Post again if this is the problem and i'll tell you how to fix that. If you can access the log in screen and it says you are using the wrong username/password, did you try the default way, where the username is blank (meaning that there is nothing in the box) and the password is admin? Try that and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to say. I hope you can get it fixed so you can get your episodes of Naruto. Hope it works.

401 Unauthorized

Authorization required.

This is what it says when i put in the username/password... yes i tried the default... but i think i just have the wrong username cause i put in the right password three times and on the third try (any time i did this) then it would come up with a screen with that saying... so i dont know... I'll ask tonight and see if i have the right username... but i know its the right password... so if things dont work out tonight then i'll post again and tell you...

Thanx for all your help.. I had wanted to post about this problem for awhile... but had a fear that no one would care... im really into this anime now so i really wanted to see if there was a way to make my dl go faster... Thanx again...

Hey man, it's no problem. I like helping people with their problems whether it be computer related or not. If you have any other problems with bittorrent, Naruto, or anything else, don't hesitate to ask. I'll try to help you with the best of my ability. Hope things work out.

ok i did everythng... i dont know how long its supposed to take to take effect... casue i've had it done fora bout 30 min... but i'll still wait longer... also... in the "application" box (for setting up my portforwarding) should i just put "Bittorent" or the name of the applicaion im using... and also.. is it safe to leave my settings like this... my mom is all freaked out (ever since i got a comp virus last year and had to reformat my HD) and set up firewalls and antivirus systems and set the settings up for our router.... so she was kinda hesitant to let me change the settings... she said it'll effect all the computers and that it could cause in a possible hacking or virus (or something like that)... if any of this makes sense... well anyways... all i really need to know is if shes right...

like i said before... thanks for helping me out on this... hopefully it will work to my benefit...

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

heh .... sounds like your mom's a bit paranoid [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Basically, the ports that bittorrent uses, no other windows service does. If opening those ports on the router exposes something, it's exposing something that you've already got, and your network is already compromised. You're not going to get a virus from bittorrent ports, nor are you going to get hackers taking over your computer. It only effects the other computers on your network in that they won't be able to do much on those ports (in other words, only one of you will be good at torrenting stuff). Sounds like that's not a big deal anyway -- since it sounds like your fellow-users are a bit too paranoid to do that anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

As far as naming goes, the application name is more to remind you what it is. Linksys routers aren't smart enough to do high level packet filtering (at least without new firmware) -- all they do is point ports in odd places. If you were to log into the router in 3 weeks to set up a forward and you saw a service you didn't know the name of that was on some odd ports, you might not remember what it was unless it was appropriately named.

Yeah, basically everything complich8 said is true. The only application that uses those ports is Bittorrent. No hackers/viruses should be able to access yur computer. For the application name, just put "Bittorrent" because its like I said, that is the application that is using those ports. The change should really take affect immediatly, but you might want to restart the download (I don't know what client you are using but the download should start where you left off regardless). Anyway, I hope your future downloads are faster and more efficient. I speak for all of us (I think), when I say it was a pleasure to help you with your problem.

ok... i just wanted to ask about this stuff so i caould explain it to my mom and i can keep the settings like this... i pretty much had already guessed (some of of it anyways)... so shes not gonna do anythinga bout it... and my downloads have started goin faster (up in the 50kb/s and more range now!!!)... they just didnt take effect immediatley becaus my internet went down for awhile (something about insight or the way we have our LAN settings set up... i dont know but it does it all the time so i just work around it)... so thanks again and i, too, hope my future downloads will be as fast and faster!!