Thread: real player, divx, xvid, media not working

miki

real player, divx, xvid, media not working

hello!
    I tried everything that you guys suggested to each other, but i'm not sure what is wrong because the video part doesn't work and the sound does. i tried to view it in divx and it was just static and clear sound. i also dl gspot and it told me that i need to change 4CC xvid and i did that but for some reason now there is an error. can someone help me?? thanks!!

real player, divx, xvid, media not working

Hmmm...interesting. Ok, here's what you should do. First of all, uninstall all codecs you have on your computer including xvid, divx and also uninstall gspot. Now this is the annoying part. For good measure you might want to restart the computer first. After you have done that, reinstall the latest divx, xvid, and ffdshow codecs. After that, install GSPOT again. After that, try playing the file in real player. If that does not work, check what codecs you need from GSPOT. If it says you need none, or there is an error than try using a different player such as VLC Player. If it still doesn't work, post again with the error, and I'll see what I can do.