Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Know Why New Episodes Are Messed?

Raiko

Anyone Know Why New Episodes Are Messed?

The encoding on all the new naruto episodes is bad, from ANBU_AonE, (SO), and the other sources, am i missing a codec or something? Please help, this is erally annoying......

Originally posted by: Raiko
    The encoding on all the new naruto episodes is bad, from ANBU_AonE, (SO), and the other sources, am i missing a codec or something? Please help, this is erally annoying......
    are you using DivX to play the files? Or are you using another player?

RE: Anyone Know Why New Episodes Are Messed?

Do you have the right codec, DivX or XVid? Or ffdshow, that seems to cover everything pretty well on Windows.

your problem is most likely your codecs. there was a post a few months ago with a link to get all the codecs so try and search that one.
    there's nothing wrong with the episodes...its just your comp

i get tried of people saying you don't have the right codecs when even if u have the right codecs these new files dont play right let's face it its due to shitty encoding

i don't think there is anything wrong with the episode... prob just your codec or player

I haven't had any problems playing any of the eps (Windows XP, WMP, ffdshow). So, you could have the wrong codecs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

you probably need ffdshow and xvid

get the links from my sig

any file that i have trouble with recently i put them in virtualdub and it always the same thing it says virtualdub has detected an improper vbr audio encoding every file that says this gives problems on playback and i have all the lastest codecs

well it prob is that you don't have the right stuff.. or didnt' finish dl..

i redownloaded the same file over and still same problem and ffdshow crashes my pc everytime

I get that audio error in VirtualDub a lot, too. I don't think it's related to the video codecs; if I recall, it has something to do with mp3 audio encodings for avis inherently having timing inconsistencies or something like that. It's popped up for virtually every anime ep I've tried editing.

i get tried of people saying you don't have the right codecs when even if u have the right codecs these new files dont play right let's face it its due to shitty encoding
    Bullshit, if it were shitty encoding, it would be broken for everyone. But no, for most of us, they run perfectly. Its just you and a couple other people that can't make your computers work.

yeah, Darthender is right, if it was the encoding then all of us would have the problem...so something with your computer or something

No, Bakasan's shitty encoding works great with his poorly written custom Xvid binary, but that's still shit encoding.

Try Downloading VLC when I'm having probs with ep's in quick time nine times out of ten it works perfectly in VLC. It's well worth the download. If that dosn't work then check to see if your video program isn't missing something, reload it, or run a diagnostic to check for a problem. Good luck.

Originally posted by: Y The Alien
    No, Bakasan's shitty encoding works great with his poorly written custom Xvid binary, but that's still shit encoding.
    Exept that no-one here is talking about Bakasan and all the episodes work [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
    http://wowsphere.com/concept6.jpg
    Working on my future Warhammer Online journal, criticism demanded. Yes it's supposed to be that size.

I disproved the idea that shitty encoding has to fuck up for everyone. Way to not get an example.

Originally posted by: Y The Alien
    I disproved the idea that shitty encoding has to fuck up for everyone. Way to not get an example.
    you really like to come up with outrageous opinions, dont you?
    since i didnt need any custom "bakasan" codec to view his smoothly, i would say that the version wasnt at all "custom", and probably more like "more recent"
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Apparently you missed the part where he encoded his own xvid binary.

Really, wtf. Do you think I just made that up? Before he took down the site proper it was a description on what codec of his you needed for his 80 and 81 (I think those were the eps).

I'm sure actual, new xvid binaries and other video codecs solve whatever problems were in it too.