Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The path to enlightenment: Ep 1 - EBAY BAD!

RE: The path to enlightenment: Ep 1 - EBAY BAD!

those bakas need to face the wrath of trashcan no jutsu

trashcan no jutsu seems to have sneaked it's way back in to the forum

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] yes it did...

Again, they are selling a service.
    Anbu charges nothing for their work. Thats their choice and I donate to them when I can. (every month or two... but its gonna be every month now)
    Ebay Whore #3223232 charges 50$ (or whatever it is) to make the DVDs. Yes, they use someone elses work, making it lame, but its not as if they are making money for nothing... they are still doing -something- to justify selling.

Right now Anbu's stance is: 'If you paid for it... you're a dumbass because we give it away for free.'
    They don't direct any hate twords the people selling it... just to the people who are stupid enough to buy it... so why should you?

Not to get off topic but nobody deserves to spend 7-10 years in jail for a victimless crime like selling anime dvd's... unless you were refering to some other white collar crime, in which case, they can burn in hell =P er whatever

Originally posted by: Stoopider
    Mak3 has a point. I would have bought it if it was dirt cheap, and If I don't have a decent internet connection.

Can you imagine taking 4 days to download a single anime episode?

PLus... the Fansubs subs are better than some original DVD's. (Or the one's I'm getting here.. My Dvd's are imported from Hong Kong. And their english is BAD BAD BAD BAD).
    Here in holland, we get our legal DVD's subbed, through translation of the French version, they get it through translation of the American version, and they get it by translating the japanese version..still get it? good, since they obviously dont get subbing either.. ><

http://wowsphere.com/concept6.jpg
    Working on my future Warhammer Online journal, criticism demanded. Yes it's supposed to be that size.

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar

yea, i bought anime dvds from asia. they were probably subbed by asian ppl who know very little english. the translations are bad.

i use to buy dvds because i didn't know how to work bittorrent (yea, i'm stupid). i woulda said those ppl on ebay are just selling the asian dvds or something. but episode 85 is pretty recent and i don't think the asian producing ppl will get those dvds out that fast.

I tried my best...

Yup.. I swear the Hong Kong fellows sub it from Japanese to Chinese to English.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Well, while it is not the most ethical thing to sell fansubs its up to the sellers to buy them. While you may say that they should download it off the internet, who is to say that someone with a 56k modem has the inclination to expend the necessary time to download 80+ episodes?
    Especially in this day and age, time is at a premium - its a sad fact that paying for time has become such a core part of our lives that we dont even notice it.
    Ever noticed that things you buy at a petrol station are more expensive than an identical product at a store across the street? Theyre a higher price because people are willing to spend money for the convinence and saved time.

i am assuming the person that sells these fansubs are most likely not subbing it themselvs but just selling another groups subs, making it illegal. making money off of someone elses work isn't just wrong, but illegal. as for stoopider, your HKs have bad subs because well...they are from hong kong, not the real thing.

i believe the unwritten rule for selling dvds/cds of fansubbed anime online is to sell them for no greater than the price of the dvds/cds themselves + shipping
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Yeah, that's pretty much the unwritten rule about it... v_v but isn't followed

The path to enlightenment: Ep 1 - EBAY BAD!

Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
    stop hatin man, he can make money if he wants to, jus cuz the subbers dont charge doesnt mean other people dont have to either.
    thats not right. the fansubbers sub it so ppl dont have to wait for the show to be released in their country. and to charge for other ppls work is just low. if they want to earn money do it the right way, either sub the eps yourself or get a job.

yeah, it's low to make money of someone else's work, v_v if they wanted that money so bad, sub it themselves

yea the lazy assholes should get a job or something. make money the way normal ppl do.

how much does it cost? If it's just to pay for the shipping. And a little for the burning and cost price. I have no beef against them..

If its U$D 2-5 per Dvd. I have no beef against them.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Originally posted by: Darkflare
    making money off of someone elses work isn't just wrong, but illegal.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
    I guess the company I work for should be put in jail... they do, after all, make money off of my work.

But anyway, its not illegal. It's shady... not illegal.

yes, but you work for them. that is different. its like copyright infringement type of stuff. you take someone's elses ideas/works and use it to make money for yourself.

yeah Shin_Naruto, there's a little bit of a difference between an elaborate copyright system between creators/producers and some guy that takes and sells something that someone else is giving away for free
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I know there is a difference... but its fun to tease statements like that.

They are not selling something that ANBU gives away for free. ANBU doesnt give out free DVD's. There is another step in the process... one that takes time and effort that people are willing to pay for.

Look, its sleezy as all hell... there is no doubt. But ANBU could start selling the DVD's to people if they wanted, which means they would be making money off of Kishimoto and Studio Pierrot's work.

EDIT: vvv your knowledge of the law is quite small vvv

and that would also be illegal.