Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is genjutsu more than just "illusion"

RE: Is genjutsu more than just "illusion"

yeah Udon is Konohamaru's teammate with glasses and has the snot or whatever comming out of his nose

Is genjutsu more than just "illusion"

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
    Originally posted by: ?igma
    It is stated in various episodes that Genjutsu definately CAN harm you physically, for your mind thinks its real and cant get back to reality.(one of them was when Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura were heading for the exams through the woods)
    can you be more specific on this? which parts?
    Sorry for the late response, I was on a festival (Dynamo Open Air) So I'm kinda broken [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    I think that was right before or inside an illusion made by some other threesome (dont get me wrong, I havent got all the episodes due to a serious fucking Sasser-virus (got router now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) they walk rounds all the time and once they discover it, they have to fight a bunch of illusionary enemies, created by the three to wear them out.
    I think Kabuto stated it.

http://wowsphere.com/concept6.jpg
    Working on my future Warhammer Online journal, criticism demanded. Yes it's supposed to be that size.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

Actually, the replications were in fact illusions that can't hurt you. What was happening then was that the real ninjas were hiding and in the surroundings and attacking, using the replications as cover, so that Naruto's team wouldn't find their hiding place. Episode 36.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

let me elaborate on it...

basically kagari's team (i think that's who it was) created bunch of regular clones (not kage bunshin). they didn't even use genjutsu. it was pure ninjutsu. anyway, since the clones can't actually attack you (only kage bunshin clones can), those three nins were matching the clones movements and throwing kunais at team 7. that's how those kids got hurt. the only time we saw kagari's team use genjutsu was when they had naruto's team walk around in circles trying to tire them out so that they become easy prey.

so yeah... like i said before, genjutsu can't cause actual physical harm.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Sasuke confirmed it was genjutsu with the sharingan, and kabuto agreed.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

I thought that the genjutsu that time was the the one where they were walking in circles

If you have anbu's version of episode 36, check it at about 6:25 seconds into it. Sasuke and Kabuto say it's an illusionary technique, and it's not a mistranslation, because if you listen, you'll hear both of them say "genjutsu".

- Inquisitor Czevak

Oh okay he, don't remember exacly all the stuff from episodes that long ago

basically kagari's team (i think that's who it was) created bunch of regular clones (not kage bunshin). they didn't even use genjutsu. it was pure ninjutsu. anyway, since the clones can't actually attack you (only kage bunshin clones can), those three nins were matching the clones movements and throwing kunais at team 7. that's how those kids got hurt. the only time we saw kagari's team use genjutsu was when they had naruto's team walk around in circles trying to tire them out so that they become easy prey.

maybe you should view it again, since those three were incapable of making clones...

besides, I dont have to prove it, because it has already been proven, aswell as in the anime (itach -> Kakashi) as in real life.

editnr2: Besides Mut@t@ , putting someones arguments down is fine, but maybe , just maybe, you could let go of that fucking arrogance of yours ? You are only capable of writing that everybody else is a fucking retard and Mut@t@ is THE MAN, GOD, JEZUS WALKING OVER WATER, EINSTEIN -> Fucktard.
    Working on my future Warhammer Online journal, criticism demanded. Yes it's supposed to be that size.

maybe you should view it again, since those three were incapable of making clones...

besides, I dont have to prove it, because it has already been proven, aswell as in the anime (itach -> Kakashi) as in real life.
    ok, even if it was genjutsu, it still doesn't say that genjutsu was used to cause physical harm. kabuto says it himself "the enemy is most likely hiding somewhere and matching their attacks with the movements of the fake shinobis. so that it will seem like the illusions are attacking."

i've said it before and i'll say it again, genjutsu CANNOT cause actual physical harm. PERIOD. you can argue it all you want but i'm really sorry to say but you're wrong.

EDIT: dude, what the fuck? why the hell are you flipping out all of the sudden...
    www.rolleyes.net/

because I am right? , I havent seen even one!! reply of you that doesnt contain some sort of "air" around it..

because I am right? , I havent seen even one!! reply of you that doesnt contain some sort of "air" around it..
    ok... let's say you are 'correct.' so tell me, what do you have to say to what kabuto said?

let me post it again:

kabut: "the enemy is most likely hiding somewhere and matching their attacks with the movements of the fake shinobis. so that it will seem like the illusions are attacking."

now, what does this prove?
    1. you're wrong.
    2. genjutsu cannot cause actual physical harm.

and seriously... why did you have to flip out and attack me? how random.
    www.rolleyes.net/

I debate the fact that it was random, since I already tried to tell you a couple times before.... You just never saw that.
    And since I'm not in full rememberance of all that has happened in the episode, ofcourse you are right..here and only on this part.

Since I cannot change your mind about the FACT that Genjutsu CAN harm people physically, I will not try to make you believe any further, just accept is as a truth, or dont. I'm leaving that subject now.
    (ok, one more example: when you have a decease, the body makes anti-cells, that are supposed to eliminate the virus. If the brain thinks you are ill, even though you are not, it will still make anti-virusses. The definition of physical pain is :
    Experiencing pain is through signals from the skin, to the brain. Once it reaches the brain, you experience the pain, and not untill then.
    Meaning, the body is just a hide, your brain is the one and only thing making physical pain MATTER. Influance on the brain is in direct affect on the body, wether the dmg is REAL or NOT.)

if there is one thing we learn from the matrix, is that if our mind think that we're dead we're dead. so genjustsu can somehow be leathal

uh one more. During the appearance of Kisame and Itachi, the female ..whatever .. used genjutsu. Since she was able to captivate Itachi withing physical boundaries, it could also harm. That Genjutsu however was not an attack on the brain, but simply created something new.

but she didnt actually create a tree, she just made itachi see a tree that isnt really there
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

i am sure the tree is not physical but an illusion that make him think there is a tree there and he is imobalize by the tree. and when Kurenei tried to poke Itachi (that sounds so wrong) i am sure she was tryin to convince his mind that she was poking him.

you still didnt get my point right..?... The tree might not have been there, but it still captured him..is that his brain or his body working there ? or is there absolutely no difference, thats what genjutsu is about.

the tree was an illusion, but yes the mind could think its trapped by an illusionary tree
    kurenai with the kunai WAS real though, she wasnt going to "imaginarily poke" itachi [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

about kurenai's genjutsu... the reason why we (the viewers) saw the tree was to show that that's what itachi and kurenai were seeing... everything was an illusion except the kunai. that's why kurenai had to bite her lip to get herself out of the tree... nothing we've seen in naruto suggest that genjutsu can cause actual physical harm.
    www.rolleyes.net/