Thread: 20th Century

20th Century

We're a few years into the 21st century already, and looking back at the 20th .. how do you think history will look back upon those 100 years of progress and destruction?

Who do you think was the most evil person during that time? Or the person who had the most positive impact? Most important invention? Most underrated event? Most important single day?

As for my thoughts on a development of the 20th century .. I'd like to say ANIME is one of my favorite things to come from the 20th century, I hope it's around for ages to come [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Kinda makes me wonder if 500 years from now, in some little corner of whatever high-tech world people are living in, anyone will be watching old-school anime, or reading some manga from the 'ancient' 21st century.

20th Century

Hehe, I don't see our world lasting another 500 years. Maybe 100 at most. I'd have to say the most evil person in my opinion has to be Sharon, the most positive person would be Mother Teresa, the most important invention is the toilet, and the most underrated event would be my birthday lol, and the most important single day would be the day the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, since that got us into the war and changed things.

RE: 20th Century

Hey after watching day after tomorrow... I predict the world will end before I die (im 16 rite now) =P

20th Century

the thing people will most be interested in about the 20th century will be wwi and wwii, and probably science related breakthroughs like e=mc squared etc etc. most evil person is adolf hitler. the most important invention was probably computers and the tv [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. most underrated events will be the E3 conventions, and the most important day will be D-Day.
    edit: whats up with all the negativity lol, i think our world will last a few thousand years longer, since nostradamus' prophecys do. (hey theyve come true so far...)

20th Century

Most evil person...well theres so many it'd be hard to say...no doubt someone like Hitler, Pol Pot (sp) or maybe Alex Ferguson (j/k).
    Most important invention: The Internet (revolutionised business, shopping, communications etc)
    Most important single day: Sunday May 30th 1999, 2nd Division Playoff Final between Manchester City vs Gillingham
    Person who had the most positive impact: Paul Dickov (scorer of the equaliser 5 minutes into stoppage time in the 2nd Division Playoff Final which saved Man City. Period.)

Nah, I kid on the last two (though to be honest they were extremely important for me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]), I just couldn't make a decision on what to choose [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

To be honest I don't know how long this Earth'll last. Well, the planet'll last ages longer, probably a few million years, just depends on whether we do or not, and how long we'll keep fucking the planet up.

most worstest personz evar : adolf hitlet,fidel castro,osama-bin-laden
    most emportant day: everyday.
    we will last a few thousand years.
    greateast invention, t.v.,comp,dsl,me,condom

That place over there........ahh never mind

Most evil people/persons: hitler, Bill gates j/k, and the Smoking industry
    Most important invention: the car(would you want to walk that far?)
    Most important day: the next day(never know when you'll wake up dead)

We'll at least last until WWIII starts, by then we'll probably start using the nuclear weapons we have, and destroy the earth killing hundredes of humans, or at least until the machines take over (terminator 3 is a perfect example of why we shouldnt rely on machines so much)

R.I.P Captain America.

I been readin up on chinese history... THat cat named Mao zedong or some thing like that.. HES wayyy more badass than hitler...

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

"Nuclear Holocaust? My people will survive...Hrmph!"
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Originally posted by: JusDaMan
    I been readin up on chinese history... THat cat named Mao zedong or some thing like that.. HES wayyy more badass than hitler...
    Lets not forget that little period where school children and young adults our age were going around kill like thousands upon thousands of people for not pledging their life to the revolution. Mao Zedong is right their with Hitler. The thing people from futur will be interested about the 20th will be the cultural revolutions that had occoured in that short amount of time.

Originally posted by: Lefty
    Originally posted by: JusDaMan
    Lets not forget that little period where school children and young adults our age were going around kill like thousands upon thousands of people for not pledging their life to the revolution. Mao Zedong is right their with Hitler. The thing people from futur will be interested about the 20th will be the cultural revolutions that had occoured in that short amount of time.
    Mao Ze Dong was a tyrant's tyrant. My uncle in China he told me, that there's this one year.. Everybody can eat 2 bowls of rice a day. And the year after over a hundred thousand people died because of starvation. Hehehe. So much for Communism [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

20th Century

oops Double posted. Nevermind. I'll use this for my 20th century thingy.
    20th century is definitely the most eventful compared to all centuries ever existed. If you were born at 1900, who would have thought we would have progressed this far? Going on to the moon, internet, computers, cars everywhere. Wow. All in a hundred years.

Most evil person? = Hitler by far. Wouldn't say his ambition of ruling the world was evil. Ethnic cleansing is what made him evil. And also brainwashing a whole generation of youth.
    Person of Most Impact = Jack Kilby. The Inventor of Microchips and Texas Instrument founder. If not our pc's would be the size of factories. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] . Everything that has microchips and/or electronic we owe it to him.

Most Important Invention = Computer's.
    Most Underrated Event = Battle of the bulge
    Most Important Single Day for me = The day I got my driving licence [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Why so negative? Must the world really end?
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Missing Nin

imo;

greatest person of last century: einstein (pure genius, thinking way ahead of his time)

most evil person of the last century: most would say hitler, but there are many more equally evil men that ruled (in some cases still do) countries such as in cambodia, zimbabwe, isreal etc.
    i detest anyone that abuses power they are given, mainly country leaders, but also company heads (windows being closed source = bad idea)(cigarette industry as well)

most important event: world war 2

most important invention: plastic (think it was last century, could have been 19th tho, correct me if im wrong [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])

dumbest person born: GWBush (and they let him into power why...)

best things in general: movies, anime, condoms, computers, the internet, CDs, capitol punishment (well in the UK atleast, bring it back!), rock music, cars, planes

Evil Person: Hitler and Osama Bin Laden. These people killed for their pleasure which makes them a bunch of assholes.

Important Event: Civil Rights for Black people. They showed alot of courage to win their rights.

Important Invention: Cars. Without em, its hard to travel.

My favorite inventions: Anime, Video games, Condoms, Computers, Internet

This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!