Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Kyou Kara Maou

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    I remember being in love with this show at the beginning, then being slightly annoyed at the decidedly lower budget as the episodes went on, and then subconsciously comparing it to yu-gi-oh/pokemon, and then stopping. O_O

But now that I hear news of another season.. I want to go back and watch all of it again..

I just finished the 78 eps. It's true that some arcs weren't that strong compared to others.
    One of the best would be, in my opinion, the one when Konrad sides with Big Shimaron from the moment he is thought to be dead.

I was a bit disapointed Elle (Hube and Nicola's child) didn't play any major role towards the end, as she's quite powerful as a baby. I mean her being an amplifier for the kohi's mayhem was fine and probably perfectly consistent in Mazoku's world, but I always seek for more

I tend to think that Murata played a big role at making this show boring. I don't know why, maybe I use him as a scapegoat for other problems. I would have liked that Yuuri is able to control his powers far better towards the end too. He defeats Soushu without knowing exactly what he does. After all Shinou said he was the strongest Maou of all times, this may explain that. And in a way being unable to fully control his powers prevents him from being so full of himself and turn into a tyran... his powers surging only when needed.

Well anyways, let's see what the OAVs have to give us, and this next season with a very powerful Maou and probably the root of all evil that isn't really finished...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

OAV ep 4

OAV ep 5

season 3 ep 1

season 3 ep 2

season 3 ep 3

Spoilers:
    wolfram annuls the engagement? i wonder if this is an effort to make the show a little more serious
    Last edited by saman; Thu, 04-24-2008 at 11:21 AM.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    regarding the spoiler, I think you can analyse this as a kind of suspense around trust and so on.
    Thanks anyway

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

WOW!! Apparently this show was still going. I totally lost track of this show. I remember liking what I saw of this show, and then getting pissed off at the animation, tropeyness, and monster of the week sort of deal. From what I remember, this show started REALLY nicely though...

I am guessing no one is keeping track of this show? Were they doing fillers or what?
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I stopped after Season 2, so I haven't watched R or Season 3. I should get around to that probably.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Somehow I ended up dropping this as well a long time ago. This was certainly a rare series for me - it's not like I'd watch shows with shounen-ai vibes every day.