Thread: messed up player

messed up player

I recently reformatted my computer. Now I'm having trouble playing any of my anime. I first noticed it when trying to play Naruto 82. At first I thought it was just the episode. Then I tried another CD with anime. When I try to watch it on DivX Player, Windows Media Player, and BS Player. They all show the regular picture, but it is condensed into the top third of the screen. The bottom two-thirds is black. Can anyone help? I think I've downloaded all the necessary codecs, because I can see and hear everything, but it's just smooshed into the top third of the screen. Help!

messed up player

Get gspot then see what codecs you need, you probably need some newer ones to display the video correctly. If not go to www.videolan.org and get vlc it might play it ok.

messed up player

Well, I already had gspot (it said I had all the necessary codecs), and tried downloading vlc, and got the same problem. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Media player (for the second time) and updated my display driver. After restarting, it wasn't a problem anymore! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I don't know if it was one or the other, but I do appreciate your response. Thanks!