Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Itachi

RE: Itachi

well he'll probably train him some more which will make him even more stronger than sasuke. and who knows when they find tsunade she might teach him a technique.

Naruto might already be stronger than Sasuke, and you'll find out if there's a new technique for him soon enough.

While I thought that it was funny, what Jiraya said to Naruto, and bribing him with a new technique, does anyone think Naruto would have come along if Jiraya said that they were going to go find the next Hokage?

That place over there........ahh never mind

probably not, like naruto said before "Im not gonna trust some perverted senin like you'

R.I.P Captain America.

[quote]
    Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    [since when did people call him a coward? the only problem i have with him was how he just stood there during the whole war....but i wouldnt call him a coward
    [quote]

Oh, jesus, Kabuto *is* a despicable, fresh, doormatish coward. He also gave up on the preliminaries right of the bat.
    Let's see, that's was his first strategic retreat, second at the hospital, third at the stadium and to add insult to injury, he took his time, during the last two ones, to call Kakashi inferior and mock his sharingan. If that ain't coward I don't know what is. Then again, nothing wrong with being a coward.

the thing is when Itachi leaves it makes him look cooler and gives him more of that carefree im a badass image, since you know he can easily beat those guys anyway. when Kabuto leaves its cowardly since he is equally as strong as Kakashi which means it would be a tough fight for him.

if gai goes against Itachi, he would end up getting his ass beat. Say if gai can avoid the sharingan, we already saw Itachis speed, so what makes you think Itachi cant avoid Gai. Now say that IF their speeds are equal, it would be a repetitive dodging fight. Itachi can create his jutsus in a flash, so Itachi can just let Gai use up all his chakra.

back to the topic, Itachi has his motives. He scares Oro so he must be really powerful. Im wondering if they fought each other, which caused Oro to leave the organization.
    after his Red Moon jutsu on Kakashi, why was he trembling/moving weird? i didnt really understand that part.

It seems you people have forgotten that Gai is FASTER than Kakashi, even WITH Sharingan.

While Gai probably wouldn't win, I'd imagine that Gai would put up a better fight versus Itachi because Gai excels so much more at Taijutsu compared to Kakashi, and as stated, the worst match-up for the Sharingan is Taijutsu.

As for how fast Itachi is, we've seen that sort of speed from Gai as well, the kind where you don't even see him move out of the way.

Again, Gai likely would not win, but do not discount him. He may be on Kakashi's level, but he's still better equipped to fight Itachi.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh attack of the Gai fanboys!!!!

Itachi

Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
    Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    since when did people call him a coward? the only problem i have with him was how he just stood there during the whole war....but i wouldnt call him a coward
    Oh, jesus, Kabuto *is* a despicable, fresh, doormatish coward. He also gave up on the preliminaries right of the bat.
    Let's see, that's was his first strategic retreat, second at the hospital, third at the stadium and to add insult to injury, he took his time, during the last two ones, to call Kakashi inferior and mock his sharingan. If that ain't coward I don't know what is. Then again, nothing wrong with being a coward.
    i don't know how you can call kabuto a coward using those three incidents as a support to your argument. him giving up on the prelims is not a fair way determine whether or not he is a coward or not. his goal wasn't to win the prelims, it was to keep an eye on sasuke. and at the hospital he retreated for a reason not because he was a coward. it's foolish to start a big fight at a populated place like the hospital. also he explained why he retreated at the stadium, he doesn't want kakashi copying all of his moves so kakashi has an advantage on him. this isn't being a coward, it's called being SMART. [img]i/expressions/light.gif[/img]
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Itachi

Kabuto is clever, so he knows when to back down from a challenge. He's not being a coward, he's just doing what's best for himself. Naruto during the Demon Brothers fight or Sasuke against Orochimaru would be a better example of cowardice.

Itachi

i really don't think sasuke was a coward for trying to get out of the orochimaru fight. he was looking out for his team, and had his own reason, even if it did sound sort of stupid, "having to survive to kill itachi". also, he was the only one in the group to realize just how strong orochimaru was.

Itachi

I don't remember saying that bravery and intelligence went together.
    Those who think they do, certainly are not familiar with *any* heroic saga known to mankind.
    Heros are deeply stupid, otherwise, they wouldn't be so.
    Hercules, the number one among Greek heros, was dumb as a doornail.
    Achilles and Siegfried are two of the bravest heros known to Western culture. Yet, both died stupid deaths worth of the idiots they were. Such deaths, however, don't change their heroic status a bit.
    Ullysses, IMO, is wrongly known as hero. He is more of a trickster and and his victories where obtained through cheating and lying. I'd call him a survivor, at best. And the Greeks would only give the title of hero *after* one's death, and preferably an honored one.
    Bugs Bunny, is another case of survivor. He's a trickster and will use any resources avaliable to avoid direct confrontation. By no means, a hero.
    Cowards are intelligent, obviously. Who, having at least two working brain cells, would go to war or put himself in a dangerous situation for whatever reason?
    Kabuto's intelligence is a fact, but that doesn't redeem him from being a despicable coward.

Itachi

i agree with you on some points but don't forget that al those heroes you mentioned were on a 'time limit.' either they had to do it as soon as possible or everything would've went down the shitter. people like itachi and kabuto aren't pressured by time, so retreating is always an option (obviously i'd want everyone to go head on everytime cuz it's more fun that way). they are in no rush to accomplish what they are willing to do so they take their time and strategize about their next move. although they don't have all the time in the world, but they have enough to not let it force them to make their move.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Itachi

the act of cowardice isnt in running away from a battle though....in textbook terms it means expressing fear in the face of pain or danger

running away is just the result of the cowardice

VV oh geez, inner sakura now? we JUST got over every conceivable udon vs someone scenario too...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Inner Sakura will defeat Itachi.
    Duuuuhhhhhh..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That's the problem. Fear.
    If you know the Nibelungen Saga, you know that Notung, Siegfried's sword could only be reforged by somebody who didn't know what fear was. That's the reason Mime couldn't do it. This dwarf gives a fairly precise description of such emotion, but I digress.
    Siegfried never learned what fear was, that's the main thing about him and it's repeated ad nauseam during almost all the unending hours of the operatic cycle. And, mind you, he tried to learn it many times, so he actually wasn't as stupid as I am painting him.
    But not knowing fear was his undoing. People more learned on that subject know that they're better off not trusting strangers and not drinking stuff that's offered by your gf when you're not sure of what kind of mood she is in, since it may lead to stabbings in the back, as it in fact did.

A thought for what kind of person Itachi is. I think Itachi is probably the best duelist in Naruto's world. However in spite of his one on one prowess, he isn't the most powerful ninja in Naruto's world only because ninja's don't actually have to face each other down at high noon. Summons, having more than one ninja face off against Itachi at once, other blood limit abilities would all pose significant difficulties to Itachi.

However, in spite of the fact that Itachi can be beaten, I think his mystique is the fact that he's so good one on one, and a lot of other ninjas especially Sasake want to beat Itachi by themselves, and not part of a concerted effort. So while I think Orochimaru could beat Itachi if he planned it properly, Orochimaru is looking to beat itachi in a dueling type situtation.

Perhaps that's Itachi's real weakness. The fact that he's over reliant on his Sharingin and isn't a great tactician.

Levels are a rough measurement of one's ability and it does not guarantee one's ability to beat someone else. I think it's possible to be a high level ninja specializing in only one aspect of nin, tai, or genjitsu. No one has ever stated that you needed to be good in everything. And I think Itachi could very well weak in taijitsu, only because he's got very little need for it. As for Gai matching up well with kakashi, no one has ever said that Kakashi couldn't be smarter than Itachi, and it's Kakashi's brain more than his Sharingan that poses the greatest challenge to Gai. For all we know, they could have been fighting long before Kakashi got his sharingan

all this speculation....
    there's proof that itachi is a great tactician and leader because he was promoted to anbu CAPTAIN at the age of 13. that means he was commanding others during missions. he also killed his entire clan, a clan of sharingan users. in that clan, you would think that someone else would have mastered the sharingan and be able to see through the mange technique, right? that means itachi probably is awesome in all aspects of being a ninja. just because the anime hasn't shown his taijutsu skills, save for the kick he gave kurenai, doesn't mean he's weak in that field.

Originally posted by: SDShamshel
    It seems you people have forgotten that Gai is FASTER than Kakashi, even WITH Sharingan.

While Gai probably wouldn't win, I'd imagine that Gai would put up a better fight versus Itachi because Gai excels so much more at Taijutsu compared to Kakashi, and as stated, the worst match-up for the Sharingan is Taijutsu.

As for how fast Itachi is, we've seen that sort of speed from Gai as well, the kind where you don't even see him move out of the way.

Again, Gai likely would not win, but do not discount him. He may be on Kakashi's level, but he's still better equipped to fight Itachi.
    soudns reasonable but gai's speed and itachi's speed are diffrent itachi got jutsu speed, he does jutsus as fast as gai moves which would make it very very hard for gai to fight since itachi can follow ga iwith the sharingan.