Thread: help with spy ware removal

help with spy ware removal

Every time i use the net it says my comp is infected with spy ware and ive tried lots of stuff... but they're only free downloads to scan not to remove.... plz help

RE: help with spy ware removal

Get Ad Aware. It will scan your entire computer for both ad- and spy-ware and then you'll be able to get rid of em. Or, get the McAfee virus scan and do a thorough search and I think it will also catch ad- and spy- ware. But Im really positive about Ad Aware.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar

Originally posted by: Anbu Hatake Kakashi
    Every time i use the net it says my comp is infected with spy ware and ive tried lots of stuff... but they're only free downloads to scan not to remove.... plz help
    Firstly, does your current spyware removal tool tell you you pc is infected or do you get that infected message on the net as a popup or online advertisement like [Your pc is infected click here to buy and scan now?]

If these are advertisements telling you your comp is infected, DO NOT trust them. Get yourself Lavasoft Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy
    Both of these are Free and do a very good job but they don't catch all of it. Remember the first thing to do if you use them is to check the update section in the program that will fetch the latest definitions so the app. is more effective.
    I've had no progblems with either program except for one occasion neither of them found something that I knew for sure was there. My browser wasn't acting right so I found a program called Pest Patrol which found and succesfully got rid of the bad registry entrants. Pest patrol wasn't free bur is easily found full version *hint suprnova . org apps section

A good site is http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html <-They have info on removing various types of mal/spyware ranging from browser hijacks to common spyware infection.

It may also help (if you already don't have) to get a popup blocker. Some reliable and free blockers are
    Google Toolbar
    Panicware Popup Stopper Free Edition

~~~~~~
    About Spyware removal. WARNING. DO NOT dl and install a program called SpyHunter...from what I've read, it's supposed to be anti-spy software but is actually spyware.
    It is a known carrier of MORE spyware. If you have or know anyone that uses Spyhunter, it can only do more harm so remove it immediately. There have been also reports of people having trouble removing it.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

If those programs don't work then you probably have the same largely spread virus as everyone else. That virus requires CWshredder. I wish I wasn't too lazy to link to it, but just do a yahoo search, you'll find it quick.

RE: help with spy ware removal

animemaster wrote...
    It may also help (if you already don't have) to get a popup blocker. Some reliable and free blockers are
    Google Toolbar
    Better suggestion is to move to a different browser - I've been using Mozilla Firefox for some time now and can recommend it completely. With the exception of very few shockwave sites it handles everything I need, and once you get used to clikcing on a link with the middle button to pop it up in the background as another tab in the browser you'll never go back to IE.

You can get it from here: http://www.mozilla.org - it's a free download, give it a try

Originally posted by: animemaster
    Originally posted by: Anbu Hatake Kakashi
    Firstly, does your current spyware removal tool tell you you pc is infected or do you get that infected message on the net as a popup or online advertisement like [Your pc is infected click here to buy and scan now?]

If these are advertisements telling you your comp is infected, DO NOT trust them. Get yourself Lavasoft Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy
    Both of these are Free and do a very good job but they don't catch all of it. Remember the first thing to do if you use them is to check the update section in the program that will fetch the latest definitions so the app. is more effective.
    I've had no progblems with either program except for one occasion neither of them found something that I knew for sure was there. My browser wasn't acting right so I found a program called Pest Patrol which found and succesfully got rid of the bad registry entrants. Pest patrol wasn't free bur is easily found full version *hint suprnova . org apps section

A good site is http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html <-They have info on removing various types of mal/spyware ranging from browser hijacks to common spyware infection.

Google Toolbar

~~~~~~
    About Spyware removal. WARNING. DO NOT dl and install a program called SpyHunter...from what I've read, it's supposed to be anti-spy software but is actually spyware.
    It is a known carrier of MORE spyware. If you have or know anyone that uses Spyhunter, it can only do more harm so remove it immediately. There have been also reports of people having trouble removing it.

Uh... how do you install spy bot S&D?

With Adware, Lavasoft Ad-aware is definitly the way to go. However for spyware, I prefer a program called Spy Sweeper by Webroot. Heres the link if you need it: Spy Sweeper. It finds the spyware, and then sends them to a quarantine folder where you can delete them. Hope this helps.