Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sasuke's going to resurrect his clan

Sasuke's going to resurrect his clan

Originally posted by: kappamaki
    Oh my...

I never ever post because I'm so busy with school, but as a pre-med student this discussion is really irritating me. I'm not even going to bother explaining genetics with you guys, though a think a few of you have done a pretty good job of explaining the basics (others, though, are somewhat misguided).

I just wanted to point out a fallacy of one of your arguments. We don't know if the sharingan is a recessive trait. Just because it shows up in a minority of the Uchiha family doesn't make it reccessive. As an example: in my extended family, only a few people have brown eyes. The majority has blue eyes. Does that make brown eyes a recessive trait? No. It just means that, in this case, the recessive trait has proliferated itself enough to be found in the majority. This actually happens in a lot of families.

Similarly, in the Uchiha clan, only a few people have the sharingan. Does that make the sharingan a recessive trait? Not necessarily, although it is more likely. So you can't assume the sharingan is recessive or dominant.

Also, genes are actually a lot more complicated than just dominant or recessive, and it is scientifically possible for two people bearing two recessive genes each to have a child that expresses the dominant trait, and vice versa. I'm not even going to began to get into this, though, since it would just take way too long.

Also, just out of my own personal curiousity, does any one know where in the manga does it say that only a few Uchihas have the sharingan? I must have missed it and would like to read it over, in case I also missed anything else.
    fair enough. you sound pretty credible and confident about what you're talking about [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

anyway, sasuke says that when kakashi shows sharingan for the first time (when zabuza and sasuke go off about sharingan and its abilities).
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Originally posted by: kappamaki
    I just wanted to point out a fallacy of one of your arguments. We don't know if the sharingan is a recessive trait. Just because it shows up in a minority of the Uchiha family doesn't make it reccessive. As an example: in my extended family, only a few people have brown eyes. The majority has blue eyes. Does that make brown eyes a recessive trait? No. It just means that, in this case, the recessive trait has proliferated itself enough to be found in the majority. This actually happens in a lot of families.

Similarly, in the Uchiha clan, only a few people have the sharingan. Does that make the sharingan a recessive trait? Not necessarily, although it is more likely. So you can't assume the sharingan is recessive or dominant.
    um if you read my posts i already said that we dont know if the sharingan is recessive. I said pretty much what you said. And also, i didnt really know about the the super complications of genetics yet. Also, i dont know when it says that is only appears in few either.

Orochimaru will transfer his mind to sasuke, then use sasuke's body to create the new uchiha clan, and when sasuke's body get old or damaged, he'll just murder sasuke's genetic children by transfering his soul to them.

It's going to be a long time before resurrecting the clan comes up, if it even comes up at all. CapsuleCorpJX, was that supposed to be funny, or are you serious?

If Hinata and Sasuke mated..wouldn't their genes(for their eyes) cancel each other out, therefore the kid would have normal eyes(or perhaps, messed-up eyes) only?? (they are technically related to each other you know)
    Ack, I can't really remember biology right now anyways. Night people.

Originally posted by: XwingRob
    If Hinata and Sasuke mated..wouldn't their genes(for their eyes) cancel each other out, therefore the kid would have normal eyes(or perhaps, messed-up eyes) only?? (they are technically related to each other you know)
    Ack, I can't really remember biology right now anyways. Night people.
    HUh???/ Technically related to each other?? I know the hokage talks about everybody being family. But not in as a real family sense. Just good friends till they look after each other family.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

The Shanrigan eye is said to be a descendant out of the Byakugan bloodline...so that would mean they are related.

Oh. You got me there. 'Distantly related'. But then wouldn't it enhance their abilities?

I'm trying to remember bio, that dwarfism, if 2 dwarfs marry, their children

1/4 - Die
    2/4 - Dwarfism
    1/4 - Normal

Aargh I'm bad at Bio! don't blame me! Dumb teacher!! She used to bully me! I hate Bio!
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

RE: Sasuke's going to resurrect his clan

They're probably so far removed that it doesn't really matter...but imagine the power of Byakugan and Sharingan together. No way to avoid eye contact when you can see all around.

Still, I believe him and Sakura are kind of destined...if it's gotta be any of the girls it will be Sakura. She has shown affection for him, and when he finally kills Itachi (who knows if that will happen), maybe he'll mellow down and actually see this

then she will have a love affair with naruto an the show would change name to
    naruto 90210 ... HAHA

Umm....The argument about recessive vs. dominant is intersting, but I have a different idea. Have you heard of variable penetrance? That means that you have the genetic info needed to express some trait but whether or not you actually do so depends on what other genes you may have and what you encounter in your environment. It's like inheriting a tendancy or a possibility.

A good example of this is schizophrenia. Children of schizophenics have a good chance of developing schizophrenia, but it doesn't obey the 50% rule as for other dominant traits. These kids can go through life perfectly fine without any detectable problems, or, if they are in some kind of very stressful situation (college, problems at work) they can start hallucinating and thinking space aliens are after them. The thing is, their inherited tendancy is totally invisible until something in their environment brings it out. Alcoholism is another example.

I think this is a pretty good analogy because although Sasuke had the genetic data necessary to use the sharingan he isn't able to do so until he has the proper training and the right environmental stimuli (the fight with Haku).

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
    let's say:

X = no sharingan (dominant)
    x = sharingan (recessive)

sasuke = xx
    random non-uchiha female = XX

---------------------------------------

a child born with sharingan must have xx and can't be xX or Xx since capital X is dominant.

if sasuke (xx) and random non-uchiha (XX) were to have a child, the posibilities are: xX, Xx, xX, and Xx. therefore, sasuke can't have a child born with sharingan with a random non-uchiha female.

sasuke MUST be recessive since he said that only a few select members are born with sharingan. most people have at least one of the dominant (X) genes in their blood, and only a few have both recessive genes (xx). that's why only a small number of them have sharingan.

and even if sasuke were to have a baby with sharingan, the kid would have to be a full uchiha to be able to use mangekyou sharingan. which is why the sharingan is so deadly.

i don't know, i might be missing something.
    then if the girl got a ressesive (x) in her dna code and that mixes up with one of the sharingan genes the kid will have sharingan eyes. or am i totally wrong?

Hahaha! You guys are all classic. Recessive, Dominant, variable penetrance... Lol, you think Kishimoto's really gonna go that deep into genetics? How many animes and mangas do you know go deeply into the inner workings of actual human bodies? At the very best animes (Blue Gender for example) just mention genetics cause its a "buzz" word and makes people go "Cool!!! Man, that is so scientificy!"

Maybe Kishimoto minored in Genetics during his college years (i'll admit i don't know), but all if you're a pre-med, you're smart enough to know that this manga also targets a younger audience that doesn't give a crap about this stuff!

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
    then if the girl got a ressesive (x) in her dna code and that mixes up with one of the sharingan genes the kid will have sharingan eyes. or am i totally wrong?
    well according what i'm saying, if the female has one recessive trait (Xx) and she has a child with sasuke (assuming he is xx), then the kid can be born with sharingan (xx). but then again, someone else proved that something totally different can happen so we were all correct in all sense, and somewhat off.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

I personally don't think Sasuke would fall for any of the girls we've met so far. All the ones he's known for a while and grown up with are too clingy and full of idol worship. While he would like the constant attention, he'd tire of it. I think the first girl to challenge him (with a reason BESIDES the fact he's an Uchiha) and either tie or beat him would earn his respect. I think he needs someone to argue with him, otherwise he'd get bored.

With the genetics discussion, it makes me laugh. I personally think the Uchiha trait would have to be recessive, otherwise it would be highly spread around. Perhaps it's a double recessive trait? The whole of Konoha could be carriers for one of the two traits. On the otherhand, the theory of codominance or incomplete dominance would be funny. People walking around with three comma-ish shapes or just red eyes would be weird to see! But again, I must agree with the theory that "it's just an anime".

i think sasuke will fall for sakura. there have been hints in the anime/manga that he cares about her (just not like that) and that she is really important to him, but at the moment i think she is way too weak. he's gone now so hopefully she'll realize if she was stronger she could've chased after him or something. i'm thinking she'll start seriously training with someone very soon and she'll mature into a strong ninja. there have been moments where she's shown (ie protecting sasuke and naruto while they were knocked out) and she does have a great deal of control and knowledge and she even has some guts when it matters (ie getting in front of gaara to protect sasuke). she just hasn't properly trained. i think when sasuke gets back (i'm hopeing he does end up returning) she will have gotten a lot stronger and she will still love him but she won't be so clingy and then he'll end up falling for her.

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
    Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
    well according what i'm saying, if the female has one recessive trait (Xx) and she has a child with sasuke (assuming he is xx), then the kid can be born with sharingan (xx). but then again, someone else proved that something totally different can happen so we were all correct in all sense, and somewhat off.
    hmm okay.

or.. the author of naruto does not care about genes and writes whatever kinda like how ninjas fly around ignoring air resistance =P

NoKKiE mocks Kishimoto's intelligence.

Just joking. Your right, Kishimoto follows the laws of Anime. Guys looking at hot chicks would nosebleed. What a ridiculous notion.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Okay I don't know any biology(and don't want to know...) but maybe I can clear somethings up?

Dominant & Recessive can be looked upon as individual cases and group cases.

I have blue eyes. So I can say that my Blue Eye gene is Dominant.
    Everyone else in my family(except my baby brother) has brown eyes. So I can say that in my family the Brown Eye gene is Dominant.
    What I'm trying to get at here... is that even if the majority has a certain dominant gene.. that doesn't mean that an idividual can't have a different dominant gene.

Thus, even if Sasuke bangs a chick and gets a baby. And that baby doesn't have the sharingam... The baby's baby might.