Thread: what u think of gungrave after its all over :)

what u think of gungrave after its all over :)

as title,

i personally thought this was a gd combo of story and action. Like a life of two ordinary gangsters aka. punks as Harry said, could evolve into such high level of hatred, money, power, revenge.

its simply amazing, would recommend it to all anime lovers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I thinks it sucks that it's over. I used go on the torrents page all the time to check for a new episode, so I could get it as soon as it came out, but nomore. I miss gungrave[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

"My old Friend" brings up memories [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Missing Nin

ending wasnt as good as i had hoped, but none the less a superb series

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

I watched episode 20 tonight of GunGrave, the 1st Kagashira Bunji vs. Grave duel, and I cried.

This show just does it for me. One of those classic gangster epics that is just so raw and beautiful. The characters are marvelous and interactions and dialogue leave a lasting impression on you. This anime's easily in my top 10.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

A great series, but it was unfortunate that it entered the "monster phase" towards the end. Before that it was amazing.
    But the characters were great to the very end.

A great series, but it was unfortunate that it entered the "monster phase" towards the end. Before that it was amazing.
    ...yea... the monster stuff grew bit of a stretch. But I didn't complain, nor was I really concerned....I mean all I wanted was for Grave to get everybody back at 'em! I also have to admit, I kinda did feel a little empathic to the syndicate at the end, and the sudden power vacuum that ensured.

I think the monster phase was used to show that people would sacrifice their "human-ness" for power. I agree it was kinda stretching it.

However, Gungrave will forever be one of my favorite series of all time. The characters were great, and the story even better! Try guessing my favorite part of the series [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I just finished watching all of the episodes. I really like this anime a lot.. Not as fun with the monster stuff though, but still great..

haha oh man..the first episode was so whacked...it almost made me stop watching!! it was a bit much..hehe

but man...the story afterwards...jeez...so good

especially at the end..where brandon goes something like ''i knew i wouldn't have been able to kill you'' and then harry breaks down..man you can just imagine how much he regret he would have felt for doing that to his friend..wahhh beautiful series =P
    it is always the darkest before the dawn...

ozer34

What a great anime i loved the ending, at least there was closure. More then you can say for some series

There was a bit of closure, still the ending is very open ended, and up to lots interpretations.. example, did Brandon die or survive?