Thread: need help with making dl faster.

need help with making dl faster.

ok, my dl speed for a a batch went from 400 hours to 16 hours. i opend the ports. i would like to know why it is still taking so long, is this an average time? does the amount of computers on my home network effect the dl speed? thanks for the help!

Well all this stuff depends on the speed of your internet connection, and the size of the file you are downloading, and also depends on how many seeds are available

more seeds = more speed

i think i get it now. thanks for the help.

cool

usually batch torrents have more leechers than seeds, so speeds may seem slow

how do u port forward????

Well thats a tough question. It depends on what kind of router you have. You see, different types require a different kind of procedure to port forward. If you could tell me what kind of router you have, then I could help you from there.

if this is what your asking...i have Motorola router from Comcast.

Sorry to bother you again, but i need more information from you. I am not completly sure what type of router you have, so if you tell me the model of your router (ex. Motorla x124, i am making the model up but you get the idea), i could find how to port forward that specific router. Also it would be nice if you could tell me the ip address of the router (not of your machine) that would also be good. Thanks.

if im not mistaken, its SB5100 SURFboard. Im sorry i dont know how to find the ip address of the router. Just contact me on AIM its litovi3t13oi, and please help me.

waterox

RE: need help with making dl faster.

Well there are a number of things that would help. Are you actually being able to connect to trackers? If so it probably would not be an issue with your router. But if you go to speedguide.net they have tweaks that can speed up your cable modem.

Also the client you are using could be an issue too. For instance I know with the abc Client that if you use more than 80% of your upload ability then your downloads suffer.

If you can catch me online you can contact me, aim: storytailer

Nobody else has to post any information to help LocDown. I have already showed him how to portforward his firewall. But if you still have any other questions, feel free to ask.

I just opened the ports in my router also, and it really boosted up my download speed.