Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tenjou Tenge

Tenjou Tenge

Watched the first 2 episodes and I can say at the very least that isn't that bad. Anyhow I'm trying to find info about this new anime. Anyone know where I might find some?

djsun

Tenjou Tenge

RE: Tenjou Tenge

thanks djsun!

wow, thats a quite a few manga volumes...now comes the temptation...to read or not to read [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

my philosophy is "not to read"

it's like seeing a movie based on a book. If you read the book first, you'll compare the two. If you see the movie first, you'll be able to enjoy the experience clean and still enjoy the book. If you read the book first, you'll judge the movie by the same standards, and not enjoy it as much.

That's my general opinion anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. Most anime doesn't have as much depth or intricacy as the manga its based on, because there's a very limited amount of time to do the same thing. I think it's unfair to judge by the manga because of that... anime (like movies) can't tell you, has to show you. You can't as easily look into the mind of a character in anime (or especialy in movies) 'cause it'll break the flow up too much. Take recent naruto eps for example ... in manga it'd be really easy to just jump into gaara's past and explore it to your heart's content. But in anime, the 2 or 3 eps they did that destroyed the flow of that whole sequence.

i can't get that damn opening song out of my head...and i don't even like it that much

lol yea same here, o yea, patry time, bomb a head, dammit its stuck in there, btw the manga is alot better then the anime, they left so much shit out in teh aniem that the manga has not kewl, i can understand why they do it but still

from what i understand most of what was left out was the sex/nudity ...ehh i can deal with that

So, here's the burning question: Will AnimeOne be fansubbing the rest of this series?

There's a few other groups doing this one, but no one even comes close to AnimeOne's quality.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

A-S is doing an okay job I hope AonE releases more soon

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by: Blue Wind
    So, here's the burning question: Will AnimeOne be fansubbing the rest of this series?
    patience is a virtue.

That's all I need to know - thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As a HUGE fan of the manga series (It is on Volume 12 right now and is getting even better) I can highly reccomend OWNS Anime Release.

http://bt.aus3d.net/?a3d=torrents&peeringpoint=owns

They have the first three up and the translation is pretty good.

This aires at like 2 AM in Japan, so they don't cut out a lot of the violence, just the sexual stuff.

One thing you guys have to remember about this series is that it is Oh Great's (the mangaka) first shonen series. He used to be a hentai artist, hence all the nudity and stuff. He seemed to have an idea for a fighting high school manga in his head, but to be honest it seemed like he made it up as he went along at the start. However after about the second volume he was more organized and created a great manga.

The anime actually has more advantages to watch than the manga since all the kinks have been ironed out and their will not be any weird little continuity errors.

Oh and by the way, the coolest guy in the series is Tawara. You guys will find that the supporting cast is much cooler than the two "main characters".

Vesper

Tenjho Tenge is one of the greatest manga's ever in my opinion and the anime is awesome lol. i just had to say that. lol

when i went to the anisuki torrents section, i couldnt find it anymore, so i typed it into the search engine and it says that tenjou tenge has been licensed, is htis tru?

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

animesuki is calling it licensed, because an american production company has its name in the credits.

We're calling it "who knows, who cares" and we'll leave it at that.

ok, i guess

Anime-Station and Aoi-Anime just released episode 5. Get it here.

episode 6 is gonna be very nice

Yep cant wait for episode 6.... episode 5 was awesome and i expect 6 to be better... And Aya is finally showing some BALLS

I think Tenjo Tenge is one of the best manga's ever, and when I saw they finally made a anime out of it I was really happy, but gotwoot never made a 2nd sub and now they've completely removed the first ep as wel. I'm glad the members here gave some other links for downloading it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

btw, does anyone have links to where I can download volume 11 and 12 of the manga?