Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Gantz

Chapter 357

[Utopia] Gantz c.357: SendSpace | MediaFire | Online Viewing

Tits... that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    Tits... that is all.
    What he said.

I am thoroughly convinced this manga is going nowhere.

Blog Entries
    Weren't you gonna stop reading it at 355?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Weren't you gonna stop reading it at 355?
    Thats such an odd number to stop at. Im going to stop after 360!

Blog Entries
    So wait... that's it? We don't even get to watch her die?

Itīs extra weird, because she doesnīt seem to have any visible wounds. Youīd think that if such a big monster killed her, sheīd show some serious open fractures and gruesome flesh wounds. Tbh, I expected her to open her eyes at some point in this chapter, because of the fine state of her body.

Though itīs not like sheīs really dead, anyway. Even if Gantz wonīt ever work again, I could see some other bs method being used on her.

Chapter 358

[Utopia] Gantz c.358: SendSpace | MediaFire | Online Viewing

Yeah, Ive got no idea whats going on in the latter half of this chapter. Is Kurono #2 controlling that giant robot thatīs wrecking the alienīs city? And I guess itīs about to become a giant robots vs giant robots battle, eh?

Also, was it previously confirmed that Gantz would never again be able to revive dead people? Because otherwise, Iīd expect Kurono #1 to be more hopeful, more motivated to get her back to life.

Chapter 359

[Utopia] Gantz c.359: SendSpace | MediaFire | Online Viewing

Can someone explain the whole situation surrounding Gantz? What I mean: Why is it that we never got a continuation of the anime? Is the manga not that popular? Iīm asking, because chapters like these not only would be more fun to watch in motion, they also actually *look* as if theyīre taking straight from an anime-movie, then black-and-white-nd afterwards.

As for the chapter, donīt get what Nishi means with remore-control. He teleported himself to the battlefield, didnt he?

Chapter 360

[Utopia] Gantz c.360: SendSpace | MediaFire | Online Viewing

Blog Entries
    Ok enough, dropped.

Guess i'll read it all once it's done.

Of all things, this chapter (which was decent enough) made you drop it?

It's pretty convenient that the psychic guy never tried removing the bomb before... although wouldn't that fuck his skull up pretty badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    Of all things, this chapter (which was decent enough) made you drop it?

It's pretty convenient that the psychic guy never tried removing the bomb before... although wouldn't that fuck his skull up pretty badly?
    I didn't find the chapter too bad, but the plot is moving at snail pace and for a biweekly manga its become frustrating. Im with Arch on this one.

The problem of the Gantz-manga has always been that itīs trying to be a "movie that needs to be read". If you took 100 or 200 chapters of Gantz, itīd be a great 2 hour movie. But having to wait for a single chapter for at least two weeks and then getting to read what basically results in two minutes of in-plot events is what makes it frustrating to follow.

Most other manga -take standard stuff like Naruto or One Piece- are less "atmospheric", but instead are packed with action and events. A single page can contain a whole conversation, whereas Gantz spreads only part of some talk over a whole chapter. Contrastingly, you will only see like one or two big, text-less spreads in a Naruto chapter, and only for truly important scenes, whereas seemingly every single page in a Gantz-chapter is 1-3 big panels, having one speech bubble and thatīs it.

I still like this story, but itīd be nice if a) the pace got a bit quicker, or b) they finally continued the anime.

Though, the worst part about the slow pace of Gantz is that itīs still totally unclear in which direction the story is progressing. I mean, seriously, did I miss something or isnīt that whole story right now just a result from the random appearance of those aliens on earth, then Kurono and the others starting to fight back, and so on, and so on? There hasnīt been any overarching plot reveal ever since that weird chapter that show some Gantz-factory in Germany. And at this point I kinda doubt that itīll be of any importance.

Chapter 361

[Utopia] Gantz c.361: SendSpace | MediaFire | Online Viewing

LOL, are you freaking kidding me?! That scene with the men gathered in a room felt like we were about to get some real plot progression. And then they get killed before anythingīs explained, haha.

I reeeally demand an explanation for that one guyīs enormous psi-powers. Seeing how heīs still alive after all that use of mass destruction, the downside of those powers cannot be so bad.

Chapter 362

[Utopia] Gantz c.362: SendSpace | MediaFire | Online Viewing

"Next issue: Will Tae be okay?"

Well, if she dies, too, then pretty much well over half of the plot for the last year has been pointless. I donīt even get why the telekinesis-boy did so suddenly. All these chapters showing him wreak havoc and then ... gone.