Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Gantz

The recent chapters have been great, but one thing has really been bothering me.

The aliens have four eyes, yet a lot of the female ones in the most recent chapters have their outer set covered with hair, either partially or fully. Is this just some artistic fault of running out of female hairstyles that expose enough of the temples? It feels like he is relying too much on making them human-like. Humans don't usually grow long hair immediately to the sides of their eyes, so wouldn't it make better anatomical sense to have more skin exposed?

The worst offenders have been the little girl ones. One in the first chapter with the "civilian" aliens (ch 315) and just now with the one who grabbed Tae.

Chapter 324

Whatever

Direct Download
    Last edited by Marik; Sat, 10-16-2010 at 03:33 AM.

Goddamn; what sick depraved genius!~

These last few chapters.....rape crickets! "That's enough loli for me!"

Humans on a plate.....Gantz #1.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Chapter 326

Simply awesome. Best manga series currently. Wonder if Kei can find Tae before that horny boy tries to rape her, lol.

I received the Gantz anime from a friend not too long ago, and watched through it in roughly 2 days... I liked the anime up until the end of the Budda saga when everyone except Kei died. Then the anime went to sh!t with that last arc, though I now can understand why they had to diverge from the manga back when it was made.

I understand now because damn I had no idea the manga was so long at the time. I just finished reading through it all, and I've got to say the manga is soooo muuuuch better then the anime was(aside from what was the same). The manga at least kept hope in the face of overwhelming despair, and I think shaped itself incredibly.

Forgive me if I ask a question or two that's been asked before, but why do you guys think Kei revived Niishi instead of the book store girl from the budda saga? I can somewhat understand why he didn't revive Kishimoto, despite the fact that he lusted after her as he did. Perhaps Kei never really felt anything for the book girl, but honestly the girl looked like she held more promise then Niishi, and I'd have revived that girl long before the little punk Niishi.

Outside of that, I was super happy to see that Reika got her Kei lovin. An Idol has to have her goodies, but with that body, she deserves it!

So does anyone know any insider information about Sebastian? He's the only true piece that I can't tell where fits in. If he's actually god, if he's pitt'd the two civilizations against one another. etc.

Though with catching up, I want to see how things play out with Tae. I too hope Kei finds her before she starts to give in mentally, or gets raped by that 14 year old with the giant girl watching. I also hope there is a nice exchange of words between that punk and his girlfriend that Kei had a crush on in middle school. I'd love to see Kei just verbally own that guy, and get his girl to leave him.

At this point though, this manga is so epic and grand in it's scale, I have absolutely zero ideas as to what is going to happen or how things will play out. For all we know, Kei finds Tae, and right before being able to escape with her he's called back to the gantz gathering for another assault. Epic manga though, I just wish it came out weekly! Nov 11th is already on my calendar. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Konohamaru! View Post
    Forgive me if I ask a question or two that's been asked before, but why do you guys think Kei revived Niishi instead of the book store girl from the budda saga? I can somewhat understand why he didn't revive Kishimoto, despite the fact that he lusted after her as he did. Perhaps Kei never really felt anything for the book girl, but honestly the girl looked like she held more promise then Niishi, and I'd have revived that girl long before the little punk Niishi.
    Because Niishi was the only one who knew anything. Of the Tokyo team members, no one else knew anything at all about the grand scheme behind things. It was ultimately a good decision, because otherwise they would have been completely caught unaware by the invasion and Armageddon phase of things. Not knowing definitely would have changed the way they all acted in the final days, including Reika's decision.

Niishi seemed to have some kind of insight about the government knowing about the coming [giant] aliens, you definitely see the parallels now between the Gantz tech and the giant's tech. Even if he didn't know everything, he was a hell of a lot less in the dark.

Outside of that, I was super happy to see that Reika got her Kei lovin. An Idol has to have her goodies, but with that body, she deserves it!
    Not just because of the body. She deserves a lot of credit just for listening to Kei that first night. She took that and other advice he gave and became a rather capable leader in her own right, rather than becoming a puddle of crying and whining goo like so many "participants" before her. Not to mention she never truly broke in the face of all this adversity.

She's a sly one, but she definitely deserved something out of all this, even if Kei-clone wasn't too happy about it when she first told him.

I also hope there is a nice exchange of words between that punk and his girlfriend that Kei had a crush on in middle school. I'd love to see Kei just verbally own that guy, and get his girl to leave him.
    I'd be really disappointed if she left the guy, and then Kei didn't rebuke her on the spot just because she's suddenly going after the only guy who could save her. If Gantz has shown us anything, those who do things out of cowardice and fear die quickly and very horribly.

Another thing Gantz has taught us is that those who are selfless continue to be rewarded... though at this point I think Katou is due for some more goodluck, and I was dissapointed to see that Sakurai's girlfriend was lying there dead. I want to see him bounce back and become a larger player in the manga, but with everything going on, it's probably hard to keep more then Kei/Tae/Katou/Reika in the picture without the series going for another few years. I do hope they take their time with this battle of civilizations though.

Also, thanks for your response Ryllharu, I totally agree with what you said with respect to Niishi. Him coming back did directly effect leading into the Katastrophy/Armageddon event. I certainly still wonder about that Sebastian fellow though.

Aside from that your response made me want to rephrase what I said about the punk and his girlfriend that Kei saved from the Zoo. From the first frame I saw that guy, I didn't like him... he looked like a punk, and then proceeded to act like a punk on top of learning that he use to litterally be a punk and bully Kei back in middleschool. What I'd like to see is him get some sort of payback dealt to him outside of just dying... There would be no greater retribution to me then for the girlfriend (which Kei had a crush on in middleschool) to tell that guy off for being the arse he is, telling him to be more like Kei, and then seek to improve her own life outside of the punk. I don't necesarily expect this to happen though with the state of fear and panic she's probably in.

Quote Originally Posted by Konohamaru! View Post
    I want to see him bounce back and become a larger player in the manga, but with everything going on, it's probably hard to keep more then Kei/Tae/Katou/Reika in the picture without the series going for another few years. I do hope they take their time with this battle of civilizations though.
    I still want to know where the vampires stand now. Host and Kill Bill haven't been seen much [at all], and though they were "freed" like the rest of the Tokyo team, their organization has to have been affected pretty severely by the giants invasion. Enough for them to strike back while allied with humans?

Maybe we'll never know...

I'd like to know what seperates that one Vampire from all of the others... I wouldn't think that chain smoking would give you extra powers, but maybe in his case it works... =P

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I still want to know where the vampires stand now. Host and Kill Bill haven't been seen much [at all], and though they were "freed" like the rest of the Tokyo team, their organization has to have been affected pretty severely by the giants invasion. Enough for them to strike back while allied with humans?

Maybe we'll never know...
    Yeah, that bugged me when they just sort of fell off the map. I think they were maybe just a device that the writer used when Kei was knocking about in the real world, after he released himself. A way to bridge the gap between the Gantz action and the ordinariness of real life. That whole subplot with his brother just kind of petered out into nothing and the other 2 vampires became irrelevant soon after.

Maybe they're just on the backburner until the current arc slows down a bit?

She's a sly one, but she definitely deserved something out of all this, even if Kei-clone wasn't too happy about it when she first told him.
    I love that the Kei-clone was really upset about not being able to be with Tae at first. Their relationship is one of my favorites from any anime. It speaks a lot about Kei that, despite having a free pass to be with any girl he wants, he still wanted his girlfriend.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Chapter 327

Last edited by Marik; Sat, 11-13-2010 at 01:03 AM.

Damn, I cant but praise this manga. So awesome. Such strong scenes. And I cant get over the greatness that is the treatment of human beings by these aliens. Itīs such a perfect "what if there were beings that are to us what we are to pigs, cows and chickens?" More people should see these scenes, I bet thereīd be a huge outrage if the general public saw this. Of course, itīd be a ridiculous outrage since it just shows that itīs not necessarily right to kill animals for food. Im not vegetarian, but damn, its so awesome

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Damn, I cant but praise this manga. So awesome. Such strong scenes. And I cant get over the greatness that is the treatment of human beings by these aliens. Itīs such a perfect "what if there were beings that are to us what we are to pigs, cows and chickens?" More people should see these scenes, I bet thereīd be a huge outrage if the general public saw this. Of course, itīd be a ridiculous outrage since it just shows that itīs not necessarily right to kill animals for food. Im not vegetarian, but damn, its so awesome
    Yes, but in this chapter they're literally just taking a live human and ripping her guts out, I think its a little different.

Chapter 328

Utopia

MediaFire | SendSpace | MediaFire

I wasn't expecting another chapter this month. I found this one by clicking the wrong bookmark on accident.
    Last edited by Marik; Fri, 11-26-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Uploaded a new version with a fixed page 10. The original page 10 was still in spanish.

Gantz looks like that? I wonder if its one unifying being or theres a different Gantz in each ball.

This chapter felt really short.
    "My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world."

whoah, I have no idea whats going on in that Gantz-ball scene.

And I dont know if I like the telekinetic powers of that guy in the first half, forgot his name.

Chapter 329

i dont get it, are we supposed to know this guy?

also, seriously, zaibatsu-guys that use this situation to take over the world? damn, u so crazy, gantz