Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chouji\Shika

Chouji\Shika

Nope, Shika isn't the emotional type. He may feel sad his friend died, but I can't imagine him crying or even being moved to train harder because of it. Besides it wasn't because he was weak that his friend died, it was because Chouji had to use that last pill.

Originally posted by: Himura_san

Chouji dying can be a true catalyst for Shika's change in personality.
    He may think that if he were stronger or better trained he could have prevented the death and thus he will train only harder to deny further deaths of friends/allies.
    I guess you took the pessimistic point of view on this one.

Chouji\Shika

Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX
    Nope, Shika isn't the emotional type. He may feel sad his friend died, but I can't imagine him crying or even being moved to train harder because of it. Besides it wasn't because he was weak that his friend died, it was because Chouji had to use that last pill.
    Shika isn't the emotional type?? Let me just say that no matter how unemotional a person may be, having thier best friend die will absolutely affect them. Shikamaru might not change because he thought he directly caused Choji's death, he may just feel responsible in some way because he wanted Choji to join, he trusted Choji to finish that guy off, he didn't train enough in the past with Choji to make him stronger, etc.

I just want to see a change in Shikamaru because I want him to become a more rounded character. I like Shikamaru's character, but he needs to evolve if Kishimoto's gonna spend so much time on this character.

Chouji\Shika

Originally posted by: Everon
    I just want to see a change in Shikamaru because I want him to become a more rounded character. I like Shikamaru's character, but he needs to evolve if Kishimoto's gonna spend so much time on this character.
    I agree, Shikamaru just being an unemotional, lazy bastard would be lame after a while. Without a significant goal to achieve, most characters get boring. Sasuke wants to kill Itachi, Naruto wants to be hokage, and Shikamaru needs to have something to strive for, otherwise he shouldn't get as much screen time.

RE: Chouji\Shika

Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi
    That doesn't clarify anything. It's just restating what I just stated.

During genjutsu, of course the brain perceives it to be happening, hence the usage of the word illusion.

So the question is if mange produces pain by erroneously deceiving the brain, then why can't you snap out of it because of the pain? Just like how Shika broke his finger to produce enough pain to snap out of it.

Do you see how it contradicts itself?
    i think the key to geting out of genjutsuis to focus on the real. all outside feeling could be fake including what u r seeing and feeling so to get out of it you need to inflict a feeling on your self so you know its real then u can get out

Chouji\Shika

Originally posted by: Stoopider
    Originally posted by: Hotsuma
    Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi
    NO, shika will not become stronger if Chouji died. Shika's lazy, he doesn't want to train. Why would it take someone's death in order for you to sincerely train? That and he admitted that he just wanted to become a regular ninja, with a regular women, to have a regular life.

Also consider that since Chouji is his best friend, he may spiral into depression. Since he wasn't strong enough to help him. It was his decision, his and his alone (since he was team leader), to have them fight one on one. He may be guilt ridden and stop training all togeter.
    Kinda pessimistic there, aren't ya?
    Chouji's the only one for him. Haven't you realise how Shika hates gurls? It's because he has Chouji.
    He hates girls, not pussy, there's a difference, and I know from experience. Anyways, it's really hard to say, basing it on my own personality ( I'm alot like Shikamaru, seriously. ) he may go through a momentary change, and then return to his normal self after awhile, besides, him getting stronger would be a little out of character, he may get more serious about things, but as for brawn I doubt it, probably work more on strategies and other mind skills.