Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: InuYasha

I got up to episode 20.
    I hate this piece of shit. again, and again. why can't the damn heroes be the ones who save the day?

it's always Kikyo, even when she's not around, she keeps on saving the fuckin' day by the powers of her holy highness.
    protect Kagome? Kikyo's bow. Save Kohaku? Kikyo's final light. Harm Naraku? Kagome by using Kikyo's spirit.
    screw this shit. you know how long it was since Inuyasha got to beat an enemy on his own? without some guiding light from his father\sword\friendly mentor? it's been forever. he's the least effective guy of the group.

contrast: Sesshomaru. two swords of ultra killing. and as far as my Japanese knowledge works, he can scream "this is my boom stick!" and it'll be a direct translation.

this is beyond being pissed at the horrible episodes and repeating flashbacks (oh, please do show me again what happened 130 episodes ago, I haven't seen that flashback since the previous episode!), and having three characters explain to me what happened on the screen ("look, it's character X!" "Character X, what his he doing here?!", "Why have you come, Character X?").

bad episoding, bad story telling - of course, 8 episodes to the end is the time to bring out a new evil, one that has been directing everything and wishing for itself evil things. horrible abuse of characters, and no sense in cheering for the heroes at all - "yes! you go there, Inuyasha, and show that evil bastard how strong you are, by swinging around your useless sword at his ineffectual tentaceles and by acting surprised at things you've seen a million times before! and when things go wrong, I'm counting on you to have your ass saved by some dead person\inanimate object! yeah, you're the hero!".

it's only six episodes left... this is going to be a bumpy ride, and end with a catastrophe.

I'm still going to watch it, since being a rumiko fanboy (fanman?) means I forgive her later episodes for destroying the good taste of the earlier ones.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Taka Episode 26 (END)

They finally released the last ep.

[Taka] Inuyasha Kanketsuhen 26 - 720p | 480p

yay, Inuyasha is finally over.

my thoughts...
    well, Inuyasha was useless until the end, couldn't even figure out by himself that he should cut open the space rift. he needed his sword to tell him what to do. again.

"Kagome was born to meet me!"
    I didn't realize it until now, but VG cats was completely right, only in Fushigi yuugi is sounded a lot more like love and less like being a privileged dick.
    compare: "she was born to meet me" and "I was born to be with her", coming from a character who was actually born to be with her.

next on line, Miroku and Sango. babies all around, 3 kids in three years? that's humping like rabbits. more on it, I know it's probably a cultural thing, but Sango is laying down squirting babies, and her small brother is hunting demons, and Miroku is hunting demons. one would think that a female writer would try to write outside traditional gender roles, but guess not.

what sums up my feeling about the ending is that I don't feel this is what we were building towards.
    the 'everyone is happy and got what they wanted since day one" angle is good for a 26 eps anime, but after nearly 200 episodes, I feel I deserve something more. I wanted to see the characters change over the journey, rather than stay the same as they were introduced.

the final part,where they're all together again, I know it's supposed to convey a message that "the power of friendship won! they're still together!", but the way I see it, it means that they are still at the same position as they were. they look the same, they act the same, they live the same. they couldn't have even given Inuyasha and Kagome two minutes alone after coming from the well.

all of this is, of course, the same as how I felt when the manga finished.

but hey, that Takahashi for you, the longer the series, the worse it is.

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Finally finished this, and now I'm actually happy I did. All because of that one "onii-san!".

I wasn't expecting much from this repetition party. So, even if the ending was hardly innovative and very much bowing to the textbook with everybody alive and happy, I didn't pay overly much attention to it. Or the fact there seemed to be limited causality and continuity in the show, which made it somewhat burdensome to watch, with everything feeling so scripted. Can't say the last battle would have been made any better because of that either. Instead of having Naraku as the big bad boss, it was the jewel. Inanimate objects always make so intriguing and stimulating enemies...

But that one "onii-san!" I already mentioned. It made it all better. Of course I was a Sesshoumaru fan to begin with and that boosted the fun factor of the scene up. As if Kagome after all this time hadn't known what that proud demon would think of some human girl calling him a big brother. Jolly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    next on line, Miroku and Sango. babies all around, 3 kids in three years? that's humping like rabbits. more on it, I know it's probably a cultural thing, but Sango is laying down squirting babies, and her small brother is hunting demons, and Miroku is hunting demons. one would think that a female writer would try to write outside traditional gender roles, but guess not.
    To be faithful to the story, Sango can't help but be in that state considering what manner of a playboy Miroku is. No contraceptives in the sengoku era, either. Maybe she will make Kagome fetch some from the future once she gets bored of being pregnant.
    Last edited by Kraco; Thu, 09-09-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    To be faithful to the story, Sango can't help but be in that state considering what manner of a playboy Miroku is. No contraceptives in the sengoku era, either. Maybe she will make Kagome fetch some from the future once she gets bored of being pregnant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    It is important to note that the sperm cell was not discovered until Anton van Leeuwenhoek invented the microscope in the late 17th century, so barrier methods employed prior to that time could not know of the details of conception. Asian women may have used oiled paper as a cervical cap, and Europeans may have used beeswax for this purpose.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_control

also, I heard that sheep םrgans (mostly Intestine) were used as an improv condom. but that's a different matter, which we shouldn't dwell on.

my problem with the ending is that it showed no progress or change for the two of them. Miroku didn't change his ways after hooking up with Sango, he stayed the same 'swindle for money and put babies inside women' person he was. Sango got her brother back and left the family business to him, despite her being so much more talented for the job.

we didn't need the two of them to get together to see that, for those dreams to come true, we didn't need to wait 500 chapters (or 150 episodes).
    just imagine how much more meaningful (or touching, or romantic) it would have been if the two have been together without being able to conceive or if Sango decided that Kohaku is better off without remembering her.

Yeah, I'm not denying that. I called this a textbook ending, after all.

I'm just saying that Sango not working is given because Miroku would be screwing her every night he's home... Considering how much she cared for her brother it was also given that she would like children of her own.