Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Ranklist

Ranklist

OKAY.. lets leave it at this. Fighting ability does not consist of pure strength alone, but instead of tactics + strength + all that other good stuff. Tactics coming from the intelligent side (aka shika). So, therefore Shika with his intelligence as his aid (instead of power), is a very good fighter. Also, in decision making, the hokages make decisions that would be for battling purposes mainly (whether it be against a village, individual, or monster) and such. And that decision making ability is also an aid in fighting, which highers his fighting ability. So overall, if youre good at fighting, youre a good ninja and the "best ninja in the village" is chosen as hokage based on his/her "fighting ability".

Ranklist

yeah i guess you summed it up pretty much
    one thing though, i'd hate to live in a village when Hiten is the Kage. Afterall, he thinks oro would fit well as a kage. I wouldn't like to be used as a tool...

i've learnt something from watchin naruto
    Leaf village=heart of fire
    Oro's village=heart of being used.
    Leaf village is more powerfull. therefore, they have a good role model.

That place over there........ahh never mind

RE: Ranklist

hiten an idiot, dont listen to him, he doesnt know what hes talking about

R.I.P Captain America.

Ranklist

Originally posted by: jing
    yeah i guess you summed it up pretty much
    one thing though, i'd hate to live in a village when Hiten is the Kage. Afterall, he thinks oro would fit well as a kage. I wouldn't like to be used as a tool...

i've learnt something from watchin naruto
    Leaf village=heart of fire
    Oro's village=heart of being used.
    Leaf village is more powerfull. therefore, they have a good role model.
    A ninja is simply a tool. It was explained in the Zambusa/Haku arc.

hiten an idiot, dont listen to him, he doesnt know what hes talking about
    This is coming from a person who scored a 0% on passive sentences, 0.0 on Flesch Reading Ease, and 0.0 on Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level. For your sake, you'd better still be in kindergarten.

In short, you have no right calling other people an "idiot." LOL...MUhahahahahahah.

Ranklist

Hiten, your attempted retort post might have gone over a little better if you had actually spelled Zabuza's name correctly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Ranklist

Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
    Hiten, your attempted retort post might have gone over a little better if you had actually spelled Zabuza's name correctly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    Yes, it seems that in my haste I managed to mispell Zambuza (actually I didn't think that it was worth my time to look it up). I guess that it was close enough for you too understand who it was I was referring to. I hope I didn't cause you any mental pain. I'm truly happy that you're worried about me. Rest assured that if this was an essay or a brief that All names would have been spelled out correctly.

LOL...Please check all my other posts for me.

there's a big difference between being a tool and not being a tool.
    Dosu=tool
    Haku=tool
    Naruto= not tool.

If Haku was a tool, why did Zabuza wish to go to the same place as he went?
    Was he wanting to go to the toolshed or something?
    Well, not that wasn't very keen, I'd say. Then again, I am not the sharpest one there...

Every ninja is a tool, no matter how much they try to fight, or deny it. Naruto is also a tool.

Originally posted by: Hotsuma
    Every ninja is a tool, no matter how much they try to fight, or deny it. Naruto is also a tool.
    A tool used for the protection and betterment of the village (or society in more general terms), not a tool for one paticular leader's ideology and personal gain.

And maybe I'm being realy stupid and pointing out he obvious here, but . . .

Originally posted by: GokuSonGoku
    Brain > Strength

Brain < Strength if you know how to use it
    Isn't intelligence knowing how to use your strengths?

yeah thats what im trying to say before, innersakurachan helped me out. missed out the important factor. yeah and your right about using intelligence to use strength. Lets take shikamaru, a guy with low chakra, and only has a few moves, but intelligence is what made him a better fighter.

Originally posted by: InnerSakuraChan
    Originally posted by: Hotsuma
    A tool used for the protection and betterment of the village (or society in more general terms), not a tool for one paticular leader's ideology and personal gain.

And maybe I'm being realy stupid and pointing out he obvious here, but . . .

Originally posted by: GokuSonGoku
    Brain > Strength

Brain < Strength if you know how to use it
    Isn't intelligence knowing how to use your strengths?
    In your definition of a tool, how is it different to protect and improve a village (entity) then from protecting a particular leaders

Someone who isn't very strong will have to rely on their intelligence. This would apply to Shika. For example, Shika knows when he has exerted too much of his chakra. His skills aren't very broad either, just the various shadow binds (at least that's all we've seen so far).

However, someone who is extremely strong, doesn't have to rely on their intelligence. For example, Naruto can just fight Shika head on. Why? Because shika's lacks strength. He can only try to shadow bind Naruto, but as we all know, the shadow bind can be repelled with a great amount of chakra (as shown by Tayuya @ level 2).

What I'm trying to say is that there is a limit to using your intelligence when your strength is limited.

quote:In your definition of a tool, how is it different to protect and improve a village (entity) then from protecting a particular leaders

They are the same, but Tools like Zaku didn't even know he was a tool. First he was sent on a mission to get his ass kicked by sasuke. Then he was filled with bugs, his forearms exploded. Guess what, orochimaru wasn't even done with him. His body was sacrificed for some oro's jutsu. a kage shouldn't do those shits to his own ppl.

Ranklist

Originally posted by: avmoghe
    I thought the Hokage was defined to be the strongest ninja in the village. I'm almost sure that thats a direct quote from the opening chapters of the manga.

I've never doubted that the third hokage in his prime was stronger than Orochimaru. He says it himeslf saying something like ten years ago you could have killed me. Your own post has other indications as well supporting this.

What I AM doubting is whether the 4th hokage, Jiraiya, Tsunade etc are stronger than Orochimaru.

I've yet to see any strong evidence that either of those people are stronger than Orochimaru. I mean, Orochimaru is a 'once in decades genius' with craploads of potential... I doubt either of the others can match up to him.

And then again we have the fact that Orochimaru was the third's first choice for the next hokage.

So, until I see some indications that the 4th was any better.. I'll stick to believing that Orochimaru is the strongest, excepting the 3rd in his prime (and Itachi if Orochimaru's statement is to be believed).

I will agree with you however that the evidence is far from concrete.

im sorrrri i know this is from long ago, BUT if orochimaru WAS stronger than yondaime, couldnt he have just assassinated him, didnt he need to wait till he was dead b4 he atttacked konohona.....i think the fourth was stronger thats y orochimaru didnt just kill him

If orochimaru assasinated Yondaime. Sandaime will pOWN orochimaru to hell.