Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GANTZ

http://gantz.net/ sav-uh the flav-uh and enjoy

gantz? it looks interesting, whats it about?

awsome yes awsome so awsome,... i thought of the girl being a blonde tough but thats just a small detail it looks so awsome, GANTZ(the big black ball) looks kewl in the preview too also the part where he jumps down the stairs looked kewl but anyway i love this series its about time it got animated i'm so excited so many good movies comiing out in 2004 i'm so excited YAY!

is it just the fight with the oninon guys or does anyone know where the movie will go to...

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (x hypz x @ Jan 14 2004, 12:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> gantz? it looks interesting, whats it about? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    I can&#39;t believe how true to the manga the preview movie from that site looks.

What is Gantz?
    Gantz is an awesome manga with tons of sex and violence and gore.

I guess it&#39;s like a mystery horror thriller or something, kind of hard to categorize or even describe.

I try to keep the spoilers to a minimum:

It&#39;s about 2 guys who are killed by a train (or are they?) while trying to get some drunk guy off the tracks. They then appear in a room somewhere with other people who have apparently died. (?) A mysterious black orb (perhaps alien?) then sends them on missions to kill &#39;aliens&#39;. Or is it all just some twisted game?

The manga is being scanlated by The Hawks &amp; Omanga. (together)

http://www.omanga.net/?cid=gantz

Anyway, it&#39;s awesome. Although I guess it might be too dark for some people. (think &quot;Berserk manga&quot; dark)

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a_nevels666 @ Jan 14 2004, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (x hypz x &#064; Jan 14 2004, 12:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> gantz? it looks interesting, whats it about? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

What is Gantz?

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    There maybe violence and gore but there&#39;s no sex at all.
    Except if you count a naked chick as sex ?

But,
    GANTZ is sick.
    The manga is just ill, a must read for everybody.
    The preview on the website look crazy, i can&#39;t wait.
    But i dont think it wil beome a series, just an OVA.
    Violent anime don&#39;t seem to be to popular in Japan and the preview looked to good to be true.
    It would be hella expensive to make series with such an animation quality

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SuntUrioN @ Jan 15 2004, 11:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a_nevels666 &#064; Jan 14 2004, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (x hypz x &#064; Jan 14 2004, 12:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> gantz? it looks interesting, whats it about? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

What is Gantz?

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    There maybe violence and gore but there&#39;s no sex at all.
    Except if you count a naked chick as sex ?

But,
    GANTZ is sick.
    The manga is just ill, a must read for everybody.
    The preview on the website look crazy, i can&#39;t wait.
    But i dont think it wil beome a series, just an OVA.
    Violent anime don&#39;t seem to be to popular in Japan and the preview looked to good to be true.
    It would be hella expensive to make series with such an animation quality </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Well, maybe not sex, but definately nudity and some attempted rape scenes and stuff. I&#39;m pretty sure there&#39;ll be a sex scene in the future in the manga.

And I think it&#39;s just a movie, not an OVA or series.

<span style='color:red'>NEWS FLASH</span>

Gantz is going to be a anime series and it&#39;s gonna be animated by Gonzo Studios.
    IMO one of the best studios.

Damn i&#39;m so happy, I could just piss myself.

GANTZ

Let's talk about this spring anime.
    I've seen good series like Midori no Hibi, Shura no Toki, Ragnarok Monster or Tenjou Tenge &amp; even a lot of bad series like Madlax, Kenran Butoh Sai, Bakuretsu Tenshi or Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai subbed by a lot of different groups, but till now no one has started subbing GANTZ.

I wonder why?
    This is an awesome serie (cause i know the manga &amp; it's great), the design is wonderfull, the animation is good &amp; the story is great. So why there's no group who subs it?

GANTZ

I'm a lil confused too, but AonE said that they will sub it. hmm screwed

GANTZ

never heard of it...
    however 2 days have passed &amp; still no version of this great anime, what a shame...

GANTZ is out by AonE

use irc or BT

GANTZ is out by AonE

Yeay! I knew if i waited, some superior subbers would sub it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

RE: GANTZ is out by AonE

Wow did anyone notice all the new animes animeone is subbing lately. They must have a really large group.

great stuff. first day i read the first two volumes of gantz i thought to myself what a great anime this would make! and here it is!

What's this show about? I heard nothing but good things about it and want to check it out, but all I can think about is Guts from Berserk. :/

Wow! What a cool first episode.
    Its about two guys who get "killed" by a train. But when they "died" they wake up in a room with a few other people who have "died". There is a black sphere in the center, and it seems to recreate the people who "died". And at the end of the episode the sphere basically said that they will follow its orders from now on.
    I think the black sphere comes from alien origins, but I could be wrong.

Damn that sounds cool ! I won't watch it for a while though, I like to have at least 10 or so episodes of an anime so that I can really spend some time getting into it, then follow it weekly from there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

One thing that did suprise me about this show is how little CGI is used. I say that because its another show made by Gonzo, who are always big on the CGI effects.
    You do get some cool animation at parts though. And this show doesn't really require huge CGI.
    Also I think the characters in this show are realistic. I won't go into detail, don't want to spoil the whole show for you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It looks like Gantz was removed from the torrent page. my download is still going to not worring

Aone says that the first file doesn't have the correct CRC.(I don't quite understand, there was nothing wrong with viewing my episode) They have a newer version out that has the correct CRC, so download it if you wish.