Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Site not accessible, nor torrent trackers from gotwoot

Joovilhar

Site not accessible, nor torrent trackers from gotwoot

I cannot access the gotwoot.net site either, nor do my torrents work (even if I download them using another ISP).

My IP address is 83.146.x.x - please have a word with your Web host to ensure this range (and others, it seems!) are not blocked. I have been in contact with my ISP, and I know it is not them. They actually said it would be down to the address range I lie in - apparently, a lot of Web hosts blocked this range a while ago. Several sites (including hydrogenaudio, thetrainline and others) have already been contacted and they are now accessible.

The staff here have stated adamantly that they have not blocked any IP address ranges - but I would say that the number of people posting problems here contradicts this. Either you are unknowingly blocking huge swathes of people - or your own Webhost is, unbeknownst to you. Please get on their case and get this filter lifted.

What IS strange is that I *can* access forums.gotwoot.net from my computer and ISP, even though the main site itself is blocked. Are there any differences (host, network configuration) that would cause this?

Startide

Hi people !!!

I also cannot access the site not the tracker... I used to see huge amounts of people connceted on the tracker via http://www.animesuki.com/ list, but I couldn't get to the page...

I also have an IP starting with 83. I was able to access the site using a, online proxy, and seems that forums are working fine without using such way around.

That would be great if some site admin could check this out with their webhost, because - as stated before in this topic - it is very likely we are filtered by thos guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I sent an email a couple of weeks ago to the team, but they did not reply, maybe emails sent from 83.xxx.xxx.xxx IPS are filtered as well ?

thanks in advance for any solution to that problem. using proxies isn't actually the easier way I think [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Greetings,

both the tracker (http://tracker.gotwoot.net/) and the main site (http://www.gotwoot.net/) have the same IP, but the forum is another IP. The difference in tracker and main, is the port that we all access.

For the moment, the only way is to use a proxy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] . Something we shouldn't need to , there's no reason and everything against.

Regards

Originally posted by: teric
    From the other tracert's posted, it looks like we're all having probs with the last hop through theplanet.com's servers... how about a tracert from someone who *can* reach the main site?
    Ok, I am not having any more difficulties with reaching the main site (well, not for the last week, knock on wood). I ran a traceroute and got the same results as far as the last hop. The difference between car2-2-v1.dllstx2 and car2-4-v2.dllstx2 is probably just the fact that the forums and the main site are on different machine (so I've heard at least).

8 so-7-0-0.cr2.iad1.us.above.net (64.125.28.13) 14.656 ms 14.776 ms 14.986 ms
    9 so-1-0-0.cr2.dca2.us.above.net (64.125.28.129) 14.936 ms 14.836 ms 14.987 ms
    10 so-3-2-0.cr2.dfw2.us.above.net (64.125.28.205) 43.029 ms 43.040 ms 43.177 ms
    11 216.200.88.141.theplanet.com (216.200.88.141) 41.492 ms 41.826 ms 41.459 ms
    12 car2-2-v1.dllstx2.theplanet.com (12.96.160.14) 41.423 ms 41.558 ms 41.803 ms
    13 * * *
    14 * * *

Teric, you rtt times are really bad for the trace you posted. 600 and 700ms on the first hop is gonna cause you problems.

If your interested, you can always do a traceroute using public tools and looking glasses. Go to www.traceroute.org for a listing by country (although there are several dead links). Some of the larger ISP's will provide locality options so that you can check from different areas of their network.

K.

L-Dac

I'm having a similar problem. MY IP is 70.16.xx.xx and my ISP is Verizon. This is the result of my packet trace.

1,192.168.2.1,1ms,None,----
    2,10.15.1.1,13ms,None,----
    3,130.81.8.241,15ms,at-1-0-0-1710.CORE-RTR1.BUFF.verizon-gni.net,----
    4,130.81.4.161,27ms,so-2-1-0-0.BB-RTR1.NY325.verizon-gni.net,----
    5,130.81.4.10,26ms,so-0-0-0-0.PEER-RTR1.NY111.verizon-gni.net,----
    6,65.59.196.17,24ms,so-6-2-0-0.gar2.NewYork1.Level3.net,----
    7,209.247.9.205,25ms,ge-1-3-0.bbr1.NewYork1.Level3.net,----
    8,64.159.0.137,151ms,so-0-0-0.bbr2.Dallas1.Level3.net,----
    9,4.68.112.186,464ms,so-6-0.ipcolo2.Dallas1.Level3.net,----
    10,63.209.48.110,264ms,unknown.Level3.net,----
    11,12.96.160.14,241ms,car2-2-v1.dllstx2.theplanet.com,----
    12,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    13,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    14,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    15,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    16,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    17,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    18,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    19,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    20,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    21,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    22,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    23,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    24,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    25,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    26,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    27,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    28,----,Timeout,n/a,----
    29,----,Timeout,n/a,----

This is what I got tracing to the forums.

1,192.168.2.1,2ms,None,----
    2,10.15.1.1,373ms,None,----
    3,130.81.8.241,48ms,at-1-0-0-1710.CORE-RTR1.BUFF.verizon-gni.net,----
    4,130.81.4.161,28ms,so-2-1-0-0.BB-RTR1.NY325.verizon-gni.net,----
    5,130.81.4.10,26ms,so-0-0-0-0.PEER-RTR1.NY111.verizon-gni.net,----
    6,65.59.196.17,28ms,so-6-2-0-0.gar2.NewYork1.Level3.net,----
    7,209.247.9.205,66ms,ge-1-3-0.bbr1.NewYork1.Level3.net,----
    8,64.159.0.137,147ms,so-0-0-0.bbr2.Dallas1.Level3.net,----
    9,4.68.112.186,75ms,so-6-0.ipcolo2.Dallas1.Level3.net,----
    10,63.209.48.110,105ms,unknown.Level3.net,----
    11,12.96.160.52,867ms,car2-4-v2.dllstx2.theplanet.com,----
    12,69.56.158.158,1475ms,forums.gotwoot.net,----

There is something going on here, but it doesn't have to due with blocked IP's. I think "theplanet" may be to blame. I'm goning to send them an email. We'll see what happens.

L-Dac

So I emailed them. This is the response. (I've edited out the unnecessary stuff, like the traces I've already pasted)

Subject: Re: [LEVEL2] [SUPPORT] Problems connecting to gotwoot.net
    To: ************
    Cc: Support at ThePlanet <support@theplanet.com>
    In-Reply-To: ************
    References: ************

I can get to this via a webbrowser, just udp traceroutes are stopping...
    icmp traceroutes seem to work.

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 15:07, Biernat wrote:
    > I have been unable to reach the web site gotwoot.net for several weeks
    > now. A packet trace stopped at your server, as you can see below. Many
    > people have been having the same problem, as can be seen on the site forums.
    >
    > http://forums.gotwoot.net/messagevie...;enterthread=y
    >
    > I don't know if this is the correct place to report this to, but
    > perhaps you could point me in the right direction. Thank you.
    >
    > -**** *******
    {edit}

Michael Montgomery
    Noc Technician, The Planet
    214-782-7800
    To expedite your support needs,
    please use http://orbit.theplanet.com

That really didn't help to much, so I tried again.

Reply-To: zane@theplanet.com
    Organization: The Planet
    To: ************
    Subject: Re: [LEVEL2] [SUPPORT] Problems connecting to gotwoot.net
    Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:38:49 -0500
    User-Agent: KMail/1.6.1
    Cc: support@theplanet.com
    References: ************
    In-Reply-To: ************

=2D----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

The only thing that we could suggest would be posting in thier forums. It
    appears that the forums are hosting on a different machine, and if you can
    post there you should be able to get ahold of one of thier admins. They will
    be able to assist you, as it appears you are getting all the way to the
    server, just no further.

=2D --=20
    Best Regards,

Zane Williams
    Level Two Network Operations Support
    The Planet Internet Services Inc.
    NOC 800-377-6103

Make sure to visit our NEW support portal to accommodate all of your support
    needs. Log in today at https://orbit.theplanet.com/

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 06:44 pm, Biernat wrote:
    > I wrote earlier today about my difficulties reaching gotwoot.net. The
    > email is attached. While I was most impressed with the speed with which
    > the reply was received, it did not really help the problem. I am still
    > unable to reach gotwoot.net using Mozilla, MSIE, or bittorrent (their
    > tracker uses the same IP). As you can see below, I am also unable to
    > ping them, suggesting that icmp is blocked as well as udp. I am
    > confused as to why I can reach their forum, but not their home page.
    > Once again, thank you for any help you can provide.
    >
    >
    > -**** *******
    >
    {edit}

Well now they're passing the buck back to gotwoot. I'll ask the admin's, I guess. Anyone know who I should talk to?

Originally posted by: Ciber
    Originally posted by: hiroshi
    Oh and in regards to the tracker. If the front page says "Server Status: Down" which it did for a very long time indeed, then it's no surprise that the tracker will stop working too.

Simply wait things out for the Tracker to pop back up. The website should work fine, using a proxy as mentioned would fix the problem in regards to accessing the actual website.

No doubt the trackers are probably back up and working now that the status is back to "Online" ^_^

The "Server Status" thing refers to the status of the Shoutcast stream and nothing else.

As for those of you that can't access the site, I'm on the phone with our host now trying to find out if/why you're blocked.
    So what did your host say? What are you going to do?
    You people did a great job you shouldn't ignore this problem!

L-Dac

Oh.....
    Well, I guess that explains it. Guess it wasn't "theplanet". I can get to the site now. Thanks ciber. :-)

(If you still can't get to the site, I wish you luck.)

{edit}

By "that explanes it" I ment this message.

Explanation of site issues...

I was out of the country due to a family emergency since monday and was unable to check up on the servers.

I just got in this morning and noticed a bunch of failed services, including FTP on gw1 and proceeded to reboot it and reinitialize all of the services.

Naruto 85 was delayed because of the downed FTP server and the staff not being able to access the files on said FTP server.

I just added Naruto 85 to the torrents page, there will be no stats since we had to use another tracker while the GW one was down.

Everything should be back to normal now.

PS. American Airlines sucks!

- Ciber // 05-31-2004

The link didn't work that way I thought it would

I tried traceroute.org (posted by kaleyeope) and it seems like there is no way to access the site from germany.

http://www.fh-friedberg.de:81/tracer...ww.gotwoot.net
    http://p10072248.pureserver.de/trace...net&mode=2
    http://www.graupe.de/cgi-bin/tracero...&queries=3
    http://www.lf.net/cgi-bin/trace?www.gotwoot.net

Maybe there is another node between theplanet and gotwoot?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

This one is interesting!
    http://www.visualroute.ffs.net/de/demo-server/

If you enter www.gotwoot.net it says that HTTP connection on port 80 worked but UDP-packets were blocked
    after theplanet.com at hop 11. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

RE: Site not accessible, nor torrent trackers from gotwoot

Those are good news L-Dac, perhaps the solution in near.

Solution in near? Looks like no one really gives a f*ck about this![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Hello!
    I had a tracker connection problems too, I got from my ISP (TP.SA) a proxy server and it didnt work either [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But i have installed a new client for torrents (Azureus 2.1.0.0) It has a proxy settings [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I've enabled proxy connection in it in Configuration->server,(in my case it works when "I have SOCKS proxy" is disabled) writed down proxy adress and port.... now it's ALIVEE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
    Good Luck People!

Edam from poland

yoabc

So what should we do?
    It's unfair-on gotwoot there's a lot of superb animes and we can't download it...If they cant help it on the gotwoot, files should be put on the other tracker!
    Please do something!

To Polish people:
    Moze ktos znalazl jakies rozwiazanie?Problemy z laczeniem sie wystepuja tylko na NEO, w chello nie ma takich problemow.

Originally posted by: PeaceOnEarth
    Solution in near? Looks like no one really gives a f*ck about this![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
    I would like to think that despite anyone from the admins said nothing, that they are looking at this matter. Something must happened, because one or two persons that couldn't reach the tracker, now they can.

To: edamks

I'm downloading something from gootwoot, thrue a proxy using Azureus 2.0.8.4, but in gotwoot torrents page, there're much more seeders/leachers than my Azureus says! Does the same thing happens to you ???

I haven't installed latest version, because apparently, it has a few problems.

I havent noticed this.. I don't have any problems with Azureus. It works fine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Good Luck! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

hien34

i dunno if people aren't having this problem anymore or if they just gave up, but i'm still having the problem of being unable to access the main gotwoot page nor the tracker for torrents...

i am using SBC dsl and used to access them fine until the ip address range was changed... i forgot exactly what it was before but now the range of addresses that i'm getting via dhcp are 70.240.x.x since then there are 2 sites that i have been having problems accessing... this site and yahoo! paydirect... now i can access paydirect, but i still can't access the gotwoot main site... now to get torrents i have to vpn to work and d/l them =P

my traceroutes (like the previous poster) look similar and die on the car2-2-v2.dllstx2.theplanet.com node.... i see we are both using the 70.x.x.x address space

i checked bgp and my 70.240.x.x/15 net is being propagated, however that is from an external route server and not necessarily what theplanet.com is seeing... i guess i'll ask them and see if anyone can check into it - in the meantime if ppl are still having problems, please keep the thread alive and furnish ip address info

thanks

w00tazn

the problem is...

SBC dsl has recently bought two new ranges of ip's that have previously been unused for awhile.

those are the 70.x and the 71.x ?

most of the more official servers have been notified and have updated themselves the allow these new ip blocks.

but sbc cant contact more of the rouge private servers out there. ala gotwoot's host. so if you're using sbc or have an ip in one of those blocks.. then you're blocked from access until they update it to let us through

Ok, i just talked to my host and they will be looking into this issue further, i'll let you know what happens.